Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Erebus, The Shadow Assassin

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Erebus, The Shadow Assassin 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 18, 2014 10:18am | Report
Why does his passive have a cooldown? Also, it's not exactly like Dead of Night, but it IS similar, in that you gain a permanent bonus.

Also, the numbers per kill and assist are alright, but it has no cap, and it should have a cap, or else he'll be broken in Assault, Arena, and possibly Joust.

His one is overpowered because it's a massive AoE hard CC literally like a tank's ultimate, only it also makes him ****ing stealth, like Loki, AND it does burst damage. It's broken.

His two is overpowered not because of the damage, but because of the range - 75 feet is longer than an Isis ultimate is wide, beating every single normal dash/leap/whatever in the game by a huge margin, AND the potential damage from multiple spellcasts are overpowered, AND this kind of system does not work well in Smite. In League, Zed can pull it off, but the third-person mechanic actually makes this thing annoying and frusterating. For example, how would you aim skillshots to hit multiple targets?

His three is broken. Ra's blind has a huge delay and can be stopped by looking away. This one is even longer and hits instantly no matter where you look. It's broken. People complain about Ra's blind enough, this is broken, has no counterplay, nothing.

Firstly, about his ult, if you think 100 seconds is a long cooldown, you're an idiot. 180 seconds is a long cooldown. 240 seconds is a long cooldown. And having an ultimate that gives the most stupid auto steroid in the game AND a semi global teleport-sticking CC ult. Seriously, it's basically "make autos deal more than double damage for a bit."

I don't think you understand the concept of difficulty. Art's three isn't hard to hit, and neither is Erebus' three. His ultimate is targeted, his one has no counterplay and hits in a massive AoE, and the only thing even resembling a skillshot is fast AND goes through everything.

He's just completely broken overall. He deals way too much damage, has way too much CC, is insanely fast, and he also has a targeted enemy teleport. Hooray. You basically made Loki but with even more mobility, CC, and damage. Oh, and a decoy effect that actually works.

Now, an escape with an invisibility effect doesn't have to be broken, just restricted. But your god isn't restricted, it's so over the top insane that it makes Mercury look weak.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 18, 2014 10:19am | Report
Also, don't call criticism "hating." It makes you look like a complete idiot with his head up in his own ***.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » December 22, 2014 10:26pm | Report
The idea is interesting, if you made it so instead on his passive all it had was just the walking through the minions it would be excellent, however there are a few gods with increases in power for various reasons and they all cap out at 30... just saying, and thats all there isto there passives isjust the power increase without extras... so if you want him to feel more unique the walking through minions is way cooler.

If his one only had like 2.5 to maybe 3 seconds of invisibility duration it would be more balanced as the invisibility couldnt carry you all the way through your escape but it would buy time.

For his 2 I would recommend reducing the range to like 40 so that he couldnt insta-clear a wave without stacking it else wise in lane he would be very similar to Loki in that he would have way to much waveclear for an assassin allowing him to play stupid defensive in lane successfully. which I hate as My main solo laner already... the scaling is also pretty high.

I love the idea of adding more blinds into the game, especially one based on darkness. However 2.6 seconds is forever, like that is longer than ymirs stun which lasts literally forever when in a teamfight, make it like a 1.5 but to compensate give it like a 2 second slow to go with it to still make it effective cc

The ult is pretty cool, it is very strong though, to give counterplay make him not cc immune during it so awilix could yank you out of it or Chronos stun could pull you out cause of delay... essentially reducing the ability to use it to escape so he is higher risk to play... also the extra damage per hit is like penta kill gg no way to survive cause you could just build attack speed and truck someone harder than AO kuang with no limit to dragons. Think about it by numbers 220 base plus we will say 80 because its an attack speed build is 300 plus your AA damage which would be around 200 plus the 5% cause you probably got qins so anothe 92 from there health base on squishies multiply that by 2.79 for the attack speed cap is 1652 is your damage per second from aa's alone multiply that by 5 for the duration of the steroid is 8258! That is more than 3/4 of an average teams health! Plus the dive damage on the target is another 396 so 8654 and to top all that off a 20% on aa slow. This whole thing isnt even counting crits. So yea this ability is too strong for anyone to control. One ult to rule them all, one ult to find them all. One ult to gank them all and in the shadow roflstomp the entire team into a crying heap on Firegiant street... seriously though with this ult you could solo fg in less than 5 seconds... yea

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kadius » December 22, 2014 11:16pm | Report
Diomedes232 wrote:
stuff I'm changng right now....

Also Sub, dont just winge and say it's OP give me some actual numbers to go off would ya? And also the shadow function nothing like zeds shadow as it's a nuke and the spells it cats don't damage they mimic to distract oponents. and I DID USE A GUIDE on the lengths etc. on spells so yeah. I will do some tweaking on the ulti and get rid of the steroid and maybe just make the enemy slowed instead, or possibly a stun idk... probably a slow. Keep you guys posted. But yeah sub if you're going to rant gve me numbers otherwise it's like "Okay so how the **** do I fix it?" you got me? cheers.

Subzero008 wrote:
His two is overpowered not because of the damage, but because of the range - 75 feet is longer than an Isis ultimate is wide, beating every single normal dash/leap/whatever in the game by a huge margin

I just noticed that this part isn't me, you just missread. It's a 55ft line the same as an Ares chain (got that from your guide buddy) plus it isnt an instant dash it takes time for the projectile to land and become a shadow. I nerfed the ulti it was a little abusurd and now it's just a massive nuke with some CC with no UBDER BUFF like it had. So yeah read **** twice before complaining because you gave me a massive serve and on of your main paragraphs was **** about stuff doing with my two and you clearly didn't read it right.

MASSIVE DAMAGE DUE TO MULTICASTS: The eplls are mimics
75FT RANGE IS MASSSSIVEEEE: It's 55 ft always has been

Don't yell at me for a reading error sub XD

CHECK OUT MY EREBUS GOD IDEA!

Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Made by yours truly c:

Kadius

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 23, 2014 2:21pm | Report
Kadius wrote:

75FT RANGE IS MASSSSIVEEEE: It's 55 ft always has been

From origional post:

Kadius wrote:

his has a maximum teleport range of 75 ft.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kadius » December 28, 2014 5:48am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

From origional post:

OH THE TELEPORT RANGE.
Sorry Sub that IS indeed my bad, and yeah I wanted to ahev a decent leash range I guess, I'll tone it down maybe to like 65 idk

CHECK OUT MY EREBUS GOD IDEA!

Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Made by yours truly c:

Kadius

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Acid_Monocle » January 21, 2015 2:52pm | Report
Ok, so your idea is good and fairly creative, but it copies some gods' abilities and needs balance. The passive should probably be changed as it is too much like Xbal's. Think of something interesting, like you gain invisibility by standing still, or invisibility and movement speed when out of sight radius of gods. The numbers need tweaking, and the first ability is too much like a better Loki. Loki has his stuff, and I see the concept is like him, but it could be much more creative. We're talking about one of the primordial gods here. Erebus has so much more potential than Loki. This is meant to help you and isn't supposed to be hate, just some suggestions for getting our friend here in the game and balanced, unlike other gods (ahem AO).

Acid_Monocle

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Clueless Hands » March 5, 2015 4:58pm | Report
Holy smokes, i just found this after posting a God Idea for Erebus, they are quite similar.

Clueless Hands

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }