Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Character suggestion: Medusa

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Character suggestion: Medusa 31 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zourn » April 3, 2013 1:16pm | Report
Since smite adds non gods now, but characters from mythology why not add the Medusa?

Melee/Assasin

Ability : ?

Skills

1. Fists of Fury
Gorgons had a fist made of bronze, Medusa charges and dashes forward causing damage to the enemy.

Level 1: ?
Level 2: ?
Level 3: ?
Level 4: ?
Level 5: ?

2. Snake's venom
Medusa and her snakes takes a leap forward to attack nearby enemies and causing a bleed/poison for 2 seconds.

Level 1: 60 damage and causing a bleed which does 10 + 10% of her physical attack each tick
Level 2: 75 damage and causing a bleed which does 15 + 12% of her physical attack each tick
Level 3: 95 damage and causing a bleed which does 20 + 14% of her physical attack each tick
Level 4: 110 damage and causing a bleed which does 25 + 16% of her physical attack each tick
Level 5: 125 damage and causing a bleed which does 30 + 16% of her physical attack each tick

3. Gorgonian sisters
Medusa summons her sisters Stheno and Euryale to aid her in combat, works alot like Arachne's spiders.

Level 1: ?
Level 2: ?
Level 3: ?
Level 4: ?
Level 5: ?

4. Ultimate : Wrath of Stone
Wrath of Stone
Medusa shows the terrifying wrath of stone, she turns enemies in front of her into stone causing a stun .

Level 1: 100 damage + 1,2 second stun
Level 2: 150 damage + 1,4 second stun
Level 3: 200 damage + 1,6 second stun
Level 4: 250 damage + 1,8 second stun
Level 5: 300 damage + 2 second stun

Please leave comments and suggestions to this thread.
- Zourn

Zourn

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Scezory » April 5, 2013 7:48pm | Report
3 could be could Bronze Fist (gorgons had fist made of bronze) Does a lot of damage to a a lot of enemies it should be 50/70/110/160/210.

$ could be Summoning of Gorgons, summons Medusa's sisters.

Scezory

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TZsleeper » April 11, 2013 1:55am | Report
I would prefer to have her ultimate be the thing everyone knows her. Petrify and turning into stone.

TZsleeper

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by saxonturner » April 11, 2013 8:38am | Report
god idea although i think her ult should be turning people to stone like TZsleeper its what people know her for

saxonturner

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zourn » April 17, 2013 9:27am | Report
TZsleeper that's a good idea, and Scezory that's also a really good idea. Changing the setup...

Zourn

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ToxicChimera » April 23, 2013 7:24am | Report
As much as I'd love to see Medusa in this game. It won't work.

1. Medusa is dead, Perseus cut off her head in every version of his story and every version of Medusa's ending story.

2. We all know of the active item Aegis right? Well a little insight on that and the reason why it works the way it does to freeze you in place. Aegis is Athena's shield, when Perseus was done with the use of Medusa's head he gave it to Athena who placed it on her shield called Aegis.

So from the creators just making that active they made the creation of Medusa almost impossible. Unless they completely ignore everything about her background with how she became who she is and what happened in her future and created their own original lore for her. But of course then that would mess up Perseus's story whose an actual god, well demigod.

ToxicChimera

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 23, 2013 7:56am | Report
ToxicChimera wrote:

As much as I'd love to see Medusa in this game. It won't work.

1. Medusa is dead, Perseus cut off her head in every version of his story and every version of Medusa's ending story.

2. We all know of the active item Aegis right? Well a little insight on that and the reason why it works the way it does to freeze you in place. Aegis is Athena's shield, when Perseus was done with the use of Medusa's head he gave it to Athena who placed it on her shield called Aegis.

So from the creators just making that active they made the creation of Medusa almost impossible. Unless they completely ignore everything about her background with how she became who she is and what happened in her future and created their own original lore for her. But of course then that would mess up Perseus's story whose an actual god, well demigod.

Bakasura is dead as well (so is Ymir) and aegis shield doesn't matter that much, it is just a name

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ToxicChimera » April 23, 2013 8:03am | Report
Yes true there are others who are dead. The shield does matter though, it may just be a name but where do you think they got it? Also then Perseus will then never get into smite. He's known for only 2 things, defeating the Kraken and chopping off Medusa's head. The Kraken thing doesnt happen without Medusa's head.

ToxicChimera

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 23, 2013 8:19am | Report
ToxicChimera wrote:

Yes true there are others who are dead. The shield does matter though, it may just be a name but where do you think they got it? Also then Perseus will then never get into smite. He's known for only 2 things, defeating the Kraken and chopping off Medusa's head. The Kraken thing doesnt happen without Medusa's head.

Who says Perseus is gonna be in the game? Anyways, Ne Zha defeated Ao Kuang, what is wrong with it? I don't see where you wanna go

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ToxicChimera » April 23, 2013 9:07am | Report
Yeah defeated, not killed. The only one it specifically states that NeZha had slain was Ao Guang. Medusa was straight up told that her head was cut off, not that she was defeated. There is a difference between defeating someone and killing someone. Also Perseus has more of a chance being in the game because this is about playing as Gods. Gods have more importance than any other being, NeZha was included because his being there doesn't effect anyone like Medusa effecting the entire story of a demigod who would be put before her in creation for the game.

Edit: Now I'm not trying to down the idea. I love the idea. I'm simply trying to get across how difficult it will be for the creators to get this in with a lore and everything. If you don't mind excluding the whole turned to stone thing and just want a gorgon then Echidna would be good. Though she also has wings because shes also part nymph.

ToxicChimera

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }