Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ares - God of War [Rework Suggestion]

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Ares - God of War [Rework Suggestion] 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » November 14, 2013 10:31pm | Report
Hey guys! Long time! So first of all let me say that I have nothing really against this Ares, but I think a Greek God of War, especially the one by the name of Ares, needs to be more badass and less magical. A magical god of war is...it's just stupid. Otherwise, love his kit,. Just give it to someone else. So here is my version of the God of War as a Melee Physical Bruiser!

Ares - God of War

Lore:

Though known by many names; hero is indeed not one of them. Though confound by many obstacles; war isn't apart of them. Ares, the very meaning of torture, pain, and bloodshed, inevitably forges into this epic battle.

Ares is not loved by the people. He represents everything they fear and despise: war, strife, chaos, and murder. It�s said that the sky darkens when Ares takes the field. That he rides to battle on a chariot drawn by fire-breathing steeds and delights only in the clash of battle and smell of bloodshed.

Ares is not loved by his father. Zeus has many sons, but only two with his wife Hera. However, the thunder God has long suspected Hera of having an affair that led to the birth of Ares, perhaps as revenge for all of Zeus� infidelity. For this, Zeus is disgusted by him.

Ares is not loved by his sister. Athena and Ares are both Gods of War. Where Ares represents violence, force, and slaughter, Athena is the embodiment of intelligence, strategy, and leadership. Ares is quick to act and leave a bloody trail. Athena is thoughtful and careful with lives. Often they have been on the opposite sides, most notably at the Battle of Troy, where Athena viciously wounded him and forced Ares to retreat.

Ares is the lover of the Goddess of Beauty. Though Aphrodite is married to Ares� brother, Hephaestus, Ares takes what he wants, and Aphrodite gives in willingly. Their union created offspring almost as terrible as Ares himself: Phobos and Deimos, Fear and Terror.

Ares is only accepted by war, and violence, and bloodshed. Which he does with his everlasting malicious grin that can only be taken away by the end of war. But war is always at hand, and make no mistake, now more than ever is a time of war. Who better than lead this epic battle of the immortal gods, than Ares?

Skills:

Passive: Bloodthirtsty
Ares gains an increase in his war meter for each death he causes (enemy minions 2 stacks, enemy gods 5 stacks, 15 (x's number of level) stacks per level). Each level of the war meter will buff Ares' War Cry ability.

At level one, Ares gains an additional 15% physical and magical protections and 10% physical power.

At level two, Ares gains an additional 30% physical and magical protections, 20% physical power.

At level three, Ares gains an additional 40% physical and magical protections, 30% physical power, and for the next 5 seconds, his basic attacks issue a 1.5x multiplier.

Additionally, Ares has a swing time multiplier of 1/.5/2/1.5

Skill 1: Battle Formations
Ares raises his sword and shield in two different battle formations:

On first press, the battle formation is defensive, holding his shield outward and sword inward granting him additional 15/30/45/60/75% increase in protections but slowing his movement speed by 25%.

On second press the battle formation is offensive, shifting to the opposite stance. His movement speed increases by 20/25/30/35/40% and his basic attacks provide a 15% slow. Each stance lasts 6s

Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana
Cooldown: 18 seconds

Skill 2: War Cry
Ares shouts to his enemies in a cone. Enemies in the cone radius are feared for 2s while buffing his attack speed by 30%. Activating this ability also activates his war meter. The war meter and sttack speed for 4/5/6/7/8s, stopping the meter at it's current level for the duration. The meter is reset after the duration.

Using this ability with battle formations decreases the first formation's protections in half, but deactivates the movement speed decrease. Using it with the second formation deactivates the 15% slow.

Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana
Cooldown: 19/18/17/16/15

Skill 3: Forging Onwards
Ares stops in place and slams his sword against his shield for 1s, increasing his rage. After the channel he charges forward, knocking all enemies aside and dealing 30/50/80/120/170 (+50% of your physical power). He is immune to crowd control after the channel duration for the dash.

Cost: 75 mana
Cooldown: 15

Ultimate: One Man Army
Ares' rage gets the best of him, but that's when his war tactics are best. Activating this ability increases his Protections by 60/70/80/90/100, increasing his attack speed by 50%, and increases his physical power by 40/50/60/70/80%. The buff lasts 8s and no other skill can be used for the duration.

I know it's a little overpowered, but it's rushed. Please tell me how I could balance it and what you think of it. Will post Responses and Taunts tomorrow. Take care!

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 14, 2013 11:21pm | Report
...pretty much all of this is broken.

Passive: No, no, no. Percentage based increases are a big no-no, especially if you already have a % based increase somewhere else.

Without ANY defensive items, a tank like Ares would have around 80 protections at level 20. 80 x 1.4 x 1.75 = 196 protections. Without a single ****ing defense item. NO!

1: Broken, same reasons as above.

2: Broken. A ****ing 2 second fear with no increase, and the base amount is way too high.

3: Boring. A dash that deals weak damage.

4: Interesting. "Tactics", yet this skill is called one man army. EIGHTY PERCENT POWER INCREASE????

tl;dr: BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN!!!!!!

You need to ratchet EVERYTHING down.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » November 15, 2013 12:34pm | Report
On it. Thanks.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boochaca » November 17, 2013 4:00pm | Report
The passive and the 1 ability are pretty OP, and his Ult is kinda OP, but it isn't? it's an uber buff, possibly make it only like +100 or something similar to Vamanas ult. Still, Just stun Ares and kill him, hell ares will be the one buying beads instead of the enemy team.

also, like Subby said about the 2nd ability, the 2s fear from the start? i dunno, make it like .5 or something, because this Ares will just destroy anything is 2s, especially with the buff from it.

like you said, it is pretty OP, but pretty cool on Ares. But i like the current Ares
Let's make him Roman and change his name to Mars, same guy, different Pantheon.
I are tank good!
I Are Support good!
i also play Anhur or Zeus occasionally.
I enjoy playing Vulcan and doing what he does... whatever it is, and kicking ***.

boochaca

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }