Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Aeolus- King of the Winds

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Aeolus- King of the Winds 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by fadellity » October 5, 2013 8:23am | Report
This is a god idea I have been thinking of for a while. Let me know what you think!

Aeolus would probably be a mage. I'm not entirely sure what his appearance would be, but here is what I came up with for his abilities:

Passive: Flow
Aeolus ignores unit collision and gains movement speed for the percentage of his health that is missing.

Ability 1: Gust
Aeolus blows winds out in front of him in a cone, damaging and slowing all enemies within the attack.

Ability 2: Inhale
Aeolus draws in the winds around him, increasing his attack speed for a small duration and healing him.

Ability 3: Whipping Winds
Aeolus causes winds to whip around in a target area, damaging all enemies in the area and lowering their magical protections.

Ultimate: Bag of Winds
Aeolus opens the bag of winds and points it in a direction he chooses. All enemies in the line of the bag take heavy damage, are moved to the back of the range of the ability, and are stunned.

I haven't really figured out any numbers yet, but here is my idea. Let me know what you think!

fadellity

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 5, 2013 8:39am | Report
I like this kit a lot, it's not overpower, and it isn't like all e super soldier gods that we've been getting. The one thing is that on his 2, the attack speed is kinda random, becuase it doesn't seem to fit with his kit too much. I really like how his passive is his escape in away. Good job!

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 5, 2013 10:58am | Report
Just no. A god with so much CC needs to have reduced damage or be overpowered.

The magical protection debuff seems random and out of place.

His ultimate deals too much damage, not to mention that it can be used to troll your own team. Seriously, I can already see the tank-Aeoleuses who blow enemies out of...everything.

Inhale? Random. How about: Icy Wind? Because "Inhale" honestly sounds a bit stupid. Icy Wind could be a debuff of some sort, in a line.

How about this for the ult: Enemies hit are blown back and forth by the intense winds, making them move randomly and spinning them around. This Mercury's ult, combined with movement in a random direction.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 5, 2013 11:07am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

The magical protection debuff seems random and out of place.

His ultimate deals too much damage, not to mention that it can be used to troll your own team. Seriously, I can already see the tank-Aeoleuses who blow enemies out of...everything.

Inhale? Random. How about: Icy Wind? Because "Inhale" honestly sounds a bit stupid. Icy Wind could be a debuff of some sort, in a line.

How about this for the ult: Enemies hit are blown back and forth by the intense winds, making them move randomly and spinning them around. This Mercury's ult, combined with movement in a random direction.

Lol too much CC, I wouldn't call a slow and and a knock back/stun on the ultimate too much CC. And how does the ult do too much damage? He didn't even list numbers. The magical protection decrease makes sense because he is a mage. Honestly, I feel like you were just trying to find things really trivial, like the name of the 2.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by fadellity » October 5, 2013 1:02pm | Report
Alrighty then, sounds good. I'm thinking I might enter it in Razemage's God Idea Competition as soon as he wants a mage, unless I think of something better. I'll see if I can tweak a few things here and there before I do so. Thanks for your input!

fadellity

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by fadellity » October 5, 2013 1:04pm | Report
It was also really tough not to put tornadoes in his kit because that would basically be copying Ao Kuang lol

fadellity

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » October 6, 2013 12:38am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

*Ehum, Anhur, Sobek and Tyr, Ehum*

No but seriously, cc is not a problem here :P

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by fadellity » October 6, 2013 7:55am | Report

*Ehum, Anhur, Sobek and Tyr, Ehum*

No but seriously, cc is not a problem here :P

Yeah, when Tyr knocks you up it's so annoying!

fadellity

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 7, 2013 1:26am | Report
Judging from the tone of his recent posts, I think Maxy has a grudge against me. It's kinda flattering. Sweetie, read the words next time. It clearly says, "heavy damage."

Heavy damage and CC should never mix, or you get blatantly overpowered combos like Odin/Zeus. If you are going to put both knock back and a stun, and make it easy to hit, then you should limit damage, like with Chang'e's ult.

You never know what a cup of coffee tastes like from the label. You need to drink it for yourself.

For example, I would classify Chang'e as a high CC god, simply for the fact that she'll inevitably get Gem of Isolation and spam her 1 with cool down items for 100% upkeep in a huge area attack with high mobility. Ergo, high CC god.

Anubis, on the other hand, is a pretty low CC god, since his wrap only affects a single target, and his hands are easily avoided and he can't take advantage of any slows unless he gets close, where he is easily at risk.

Aeoleus looks like a god with low cooldowns and a spam skill cone attack that already has a slow. Combined with a passive movement bonus. He has high CC. Deal with it.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » October 7, 2013 5:29am | Report
well, maybe he's supposed to be a high CC god, and a wind god makes sence as such. I agree that heavy damage on the ulti is a little silly. I actually like your idea Sub, it makes sence fo the high CC do do less damage and have a swirl effect.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }