Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Winds of Change Patch Notes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Winds of Change Patch Notes 37 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » September 6, 2014 6:51am | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Isn't this kind of common sense? You can't go around saying "Oh this sucks" and "oh this god is overpowered" if you haven't even played them, can you?

Tru...

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » September 6, 2014 10:14am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I don't main Smite anymore. I play mostly DAWNGATE and HEROES OF THE ****ING STORM. Also, Strife and League of ****ING Legends. I still play Smite because I need to keep up with the changes and all, and apparently I need to play and be good at the game to be taken seriously.

If you don't really play it anymore then there isn't much reason to seem so agitated. It doesn't really affect you in your main games. Also it's kinda obvious that you have to play and at least be half decent to be taken seriously. Playing a game and seeing the changes in action is so incredibly different from simply looking at the numbers and ability descriptions. And if a person was bad at the game then it shows that they can't put the mechanics that they seem to "understand" into action and so are given a skewed viewpoint on things.

On a separate note I kinda hope Cabrakan will actually be at least a little viable now. Cause he is trash right now and I actually main guardians so it is unfortunate to see a terrible one when there are so few of them. He still seems really focused on damage output over real cc, ally buffs, or enemy debuffs though and that is just unfortunate.

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » September 6, 2014 10:56am | Report
I think Cabrakan might have a place as a solo laner/bruiser rather than a support.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » September 7, 2014 2:03am | Report
If you don't really play it anymore then there isn't much reason to seem so agitated. It doesn't really affect you in your main games.

This is somewhat true up to a point. I'm sure the reason why Sub, and a lot of people on SmiteFire that don't play Smite much anymore, gets agitated with Smite is that Smite is a unique game and has the potential to be really good and fun, but some/a lot of HiRez's decisions are very questionable to downright frustrating and end up degrading the quality of the game.

The reason why a lot of us seem so agitated with Smite is just that. Smite has the potential to be a great game, but in its current state and a lot of the turns HiRez has taken lately, it's not living up to the potential it should. You can't expect the game to be perfect, but it would be nice to see something better than the current state of the game.

That being said, again, this patch isn't perfect, but for the most part there are actually a decent amount of welcome additions/changes. So I guess HiRez made a small step in the right direction at the very least this time around.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 7, 2014 1:19pm | Report
mmm I'm wondering how the anti crit item is going to work out.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » September 7, 2014 5:17pm | Report
The crit item is going to sweep ne zha out opf the picture. Bye bye Ne zha. It was fun

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » September 7, 2014 5:21pm | Report
Shavul wrote:

The crit item is going to sweep ne zha out opf the picture. Bye bye Ne zha. It was fun

It was said by others that Ne Zha's ultimate isn't activating it, but we don't know if thats a bug or not.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » September 7, 2014 5:25pm | Report
I hope it doesn't activate it. Because ******* if it does.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » September 7, 2014 5:29pm | Report
I feel that whatever happens there is going to be a big *****torm regardless.

If it doesn't affect it people will start talking about how Deathbringer shouldn't affect Ne Zha's ult, and how inconsistent it would be.

If it does effect it Ne Zha players will start crying out for some (rightful) buffs.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » September 7, 2014 5:31pm | Report
Nah. I believe Ne zha will slip under the radar and people will agree that the ult should stay the same. I HOPE.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }