Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Will this get better?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Will this get better? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UncleDuke » October 21, 2015 6:39am | Report
Heya All,
Apologies in advance, I'm not a native English speaker.

I recently started playing Smite and I love it.
I was fairly new to the moba genre but I got the basics rather quickly.
But there are two thing about this game that's rustling my jimmies...

First, Matchmaking.
The sheer amount of people not choosing gods... Sometimes it takes 8 times to actually get into a game, and before I know I'm 30 min further without even being in a single match. Especially when you wanna rush to lvl 30 it's quite frustrating.

Second, Other players.
Well I guess this will get better the higher I get, but to be honest, I hoped this part would be already over ( one more match and I hit lvl 14 ).
What I'm talking about are players that have absolutely no clue what they are doing. I don't expect everybody to be a pro, let's be honest, I'm also a noob. But in the majority of the games it's filled with other people that don't communicate, feed and just run around like headless chicken. This rare occasion there is some communication in the team it's just some mental ****** with his autism itching and calling everybody a noob and claiming to have intercourse with family members ( they probably don't know that my mother isn't the most beautiful person on the world,on the outside speaking ).

So I was kinda curious some more progressed players can give me some insight about the game experience, because if it stays like this, I'm probably better off looking for a new game.

With kind regards,
Uncle Duke.

UncleDuke

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Parhallax » October 21, 2015 8:11am | Report
Firstly, matchmaking in smite varies from time to time I'd say. Mostly you get into a game within the first minute, but sometimes you have to wait for maybe 5 minutes just so that some mean person can leave the game queue forcing all other players to search for a new match. Luckily this doesn't happen to often, maybe one or two times a day.
Secondly, the skill of other players also varies from game to game (even at level 30). Usually you will play with and against people who are about as good/bad as you are, and sometimes you play with or against newbie players who doesn't even know how to use the in-game chat.
I'd say that it'll get better when you level up, but the matchmaking will still make you a little mad one game a day (usually). However, everything that I've said is only valid on the European server. (But I guess you're from Europe since you're not a native English speaker.)

Parhallax

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UncleDuke » October 21, 2015 8:32am | Report
Thanks for the reaction Parhallax.

I'm indeed from Europe ( The Netherlands )
About the matchmaking, I can live with that, but it's annoying as hell, especially when you try to rush a bit to lvl 30.

And yes, it's quite logical that there are games with less skilled people and that isn't the thing that's bothering me, even winning isn't mandatory for me. But more than half of the game it's filled with people that are complete mental, and when you check their profiles they are all ranging from lvl 10 to 16 and played numerous conquest games, I still can't believe that after 10 games or so you still don't get the absolute basics of this game. It can happen a few times and it won't bother me, but at the moment it occurs in 60/70% of the games I play, and because of that I'm on the edge of quitting this game, which would be a shame because I really like the gameplay of Smite, so hence the question if it gets better at a higher level, but according to your post I should stick for a while and I think it's just a matter of biting through the pain.

UncleDuke

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 21, 2015 9:07am | Report
Once you hit level 30 you rarely get paired with people below that level. This causes a bit of a difficulty spike as suddenly all your teammates may have been playing for several years already. Regardless, the most I ever have is one or two people (rarely) that don't select a god, and even then this isn't all that common (although I am on NA servers). I haven't seen a 'headless chicken' since I first started playing.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » October 21, 2015 9:26am | Report
the first thing gets better the second depends.

Because I have seen players in any moba at a higher or same lvl as me know less about the game (recentlyu I heard someone who was lvl 13 was playing worse then a bot from the game in LoL)

just get through it.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }