Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why Odin's always banned

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why Odin's always banned 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by baltazorrr » May 21, 2014 12:52am | Report
So the sub. Every single reply I watched Odin and Nemesis got banned. I like to play Odin, his ult is good if team is good, but is it so gamebreaking that he get banned always?

baltazorrr

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 21, 2014 6:05am | Report
Odins passive gives him a huge advantage for seeing tanks and enemy movement. Not only that, Odin has an escape, high defense and one of the major circle ult combos w/ Zeus/Poseidon/Isis/Cupid/Ymir. He's a top tier warrior, and nemesis is still pretty beefy.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » May 21, 2014 6:10am | Report
What Greenevers said, as well, his Jump has the most damage out of any Level 1 ability, including ults. I'm pretty sure of that fact.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 21, 2014 7:03am | Report
All that has been mentioned. At level 2: Jump and archer minions and enemy ADC, use Gungnir's Might and bam that's about half of the adc's hp.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » May 21, 2014 7:50am | Report
Wtf, first it was bastet, then aphrodite, then Odin becomes good?

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » May 21, 2014 8:24am | Report
Odin has been good for a long time (don't know what's your ratio of new, but it's been like that since before the launch tournament.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 21, 2014 9:28am | Report
Odin's just flexible all around. Most people think he only works well with Hades/Zues/Poseidon/etc. But he doesn't. I'll break down why he's solid.

His skillset is overall solid. He has a double hit slow that has very high base damage, a team-based buff, which actually very few tanks have (Ares does, but eh.), he has a gap closer, and a positional ult that can be used in many ways. His ult is known for the wombo combo's - lock people in, follow it up with a super-hitting ult like Zeus's, wreck the team. But say you don't have that: it's still amazing. Locking mages and ADC's inside with your bruisers can be amazing, OR locking people in to keep them AWAY from your team. It's still a very very solid positional CC, whether it's used to kill them or not.

Now, otherwise, he's very flexible. He can be in the duo lane with his insane damage and ADC attack speed buff, OR in the solo lane, because his HP5, base damage, and natural tankiness, is still very good for 1v1. Finally, I've even seen some jungle odins, because his gapcloser, slow, and at level 5, lock-in, is something most mages and ADC's can't deal with when ganking.

So Odin's banned because he's just so flexible and powerful through all stages of the game. He's not overpowered, like, he won't melt your team or insure a win...he's just got no downside in 95% of the games. It's hard to beat someone with no downside.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » May 21, 2014 9:47am | Report
There was time when people sqid that odin is weak (if i'm not mstaken)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » May 21, 2014 1:55pm | Report
Yeah, people used to call him the weakest warrior, even with his four passives. I think he started to rise in popularity as a jungler about the same time Agni mid did, since, you know, he's the only jungler who can actually gank a competent Agni. That's when people opened their eyes to his strengths, and so on.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by baltazorrr » May 21, 2014 4:39pm | Report
Thaks for answers, now I understand. Now I can improve my skills with Odin, knowning all that stuff, i also understood me need to play other gods if I ever want to play leagues.

baltazorrr

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }