Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why gank MID?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why gank MID? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by H.A.K.U » July 2, 2016 12:11pm | Report
So I never understood this mentality maybe it's on consoles only but if at any time left or right lane are being dominated and now solo lane is being ganked the enemy team feels the need to assemble and help by ganking mid, wait what?! So solo lane could be in trouble and instead of helping the enemy team will choose to leave their lane regardless of if some is there or not just to gank mid why? I don't get this pro strat!

H.A.K.U

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 2, 2016 12:30pm | Report
Mid lane is usually easier to gank. squisher targets, usually less mobile. solo consists mainly of tanks and dou lane has two.

plus, the mid furies are there, which are a super important buff to contest.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by H.A.K.U » July 2, 2016 12:39pm | Report
I can understand that but when people pull this it's at the worst moments and they tend to do it to often aswell.

H.A.K.U

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 2, 2016 1:29pm | Report
H.A.K.U wrote:

I can understand that but when people pull this it's at the worst moments and they tend to do it to often aswell.

It often depends on the state of the lanes. Nemesis is now a very good pick because she can gank any lane in any state when her ult is up, Another example is Serqet, who can shred tanks due to her passive and Hun Batz, who can kite them well enough to help the solo laner kill them.

other junglers, like Susano who have gap closers and tools that murder squishies, and dont work in the same efficiency against tanks (not anymore, thanks to Susano still being strong but not as strong in his release state). but, that does not mean that they are worse. they could actually be better, they grant safe kills on the adc and the mid laner.

so, if the solo laner is 0-6, there's nothing that type of jungler can do, so he'd probably rather to let his mid snowball. i mean, he could scare him, but a guaranteed kill on a very important target is better.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » July 2, 2016 1:32pm | Report
Bad players often try to emulate pro strategies without understanding why those strategies are employed in the first place.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by H.A.K.U » July 2, 2016 1:41pm | Report
please keep in mind this isn't a normal gank it's the full enemy team rushing mid.

H.A.K.U

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 2, 2016 3:00pm | Report
that's pretty weird. as a mage with goo pushing the support and jungler can pretty much stop them. while the other lanes are open.

Only reason for it is a desperate attamp to deathball through one lane so they can win. which is easily countered by being able to clear the minions fast and having the threat of CC so that if they dive they take a lot of damage doing so.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 3, 2016 3:05am | Report
Well, that's lose(.

i guess warding the GF/FG at all times is your best bet.

although, they probably usually rotate after they get a kill. the adc & solo laner are more likely to rotate at such scenario, and will probably not rotate if they still have an alive and breathing solo laner/ adc opponent. (unless they back)

if they do rotate without killing/ making the enemy adc/solo laner back, having wards around the fire giant/gf area will probably reveal their attempt, and the adc/solo should inform you that they are missing, and right after that go for a push.
Hi!

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }