Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Why do People Refuse to Surrender in Casual Matches?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Why do People Refuse to Surrender in Casual Matches? 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » August 29, 2013 11:45am | Report
I typically surrender if I feel the team is not communicating, in which case I feel the game is pointless. I am stubborn though. If someone is trash talking, blaming people, and complaining ill decline to surrender and tell them they need the practice just to be a *ick head. (And if they have a bad score, I point that out too).

You can always tell when your team has given up because the finger pointing starts. No one ever thinks, "Hey, maybe I got lucky and got a noob in my lane across from me and my poor teammate is stuck against two pros"...no...its always "you stupid noob, stop feeding, im reporting, just surrender now!"

If the team is at least trying and communicating, ill play it out (and often times we can still win)

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Punizher » August 30, 2013 2:17am | Report
MOBAS... Game starts people chase, dive towers, feed then blames everyone else and starts a surrender, surrender fails goes AFK/DC.

jumps into the next game, Game starts people chase, dive towers, feed then blames everyone else... u get the idea

Punizher

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » August 30, 2013 2:48am | Report
The only times I feel like surrendering is okey if:
1)You are constantly loosing 5v5 fights (not counting those when someone gets caught).
2)If you are 10k+ gold behind.
3)You have DC/Afk player.

Other then that there is no reason to surrender.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jharii » August 30, 2013 11:39am | Report
Momma didn't raise no quitter.

1. People surrender too soon.
2. Many teams, particularly those with 2 carries, don't start really gelling and/or shining until later in the game.
3. You can still learn some things from the loss.
4. Sometimes it is just good sport to give the other team the pleasure of landing the decisive blow. They earned it.

Jharii

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » August 30, 2013 12:10pm | Report
I only ''up vote'' for Surrender when most of the team NEEDS to surrender, not when they want. So, I surrender when we're getting pwned hard( when we're like 1-20, when we're 10k behind, when someone important DC's and we go terrible without him).

Otherwise I F7 and keep playing.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }