Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Who balancing this game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Who balancing this game 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 15, 2013 11:33am | Report
XBL is just an annoying **** boy to face lets be honest. Its hard to get hold of that little **** boy flying around like squirrel man. He is just annoying because of his dash but thats about it.

Without his dash he really wouldn't be jack ****.
But because of his dash he is hard to face for newer players.

Basically he is going to rape face on new players because new players are still new to playing the game and XBL has moves that rapes new comers.

Usually AOE of anything is already going to rape face on new players.
But what makes XBL rape face on new players is the fact that
- every kill he gets he gets stronger making new players get raped harder every time they die
- new players do not know that if they get hit by darts + dash they take more damage
- new players do not know his dash is CC immune

and new players call his darts missiles.

For people who been playing smite, XBL is just an annoying **** boy and that is all.
As long as you know how to play smite and have CC you can kill the **** boy.
I am calling him "**** boy " for now because it fits him very well.

CC is how you kill him.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 15, 2013 1:17pm | Report
He's basically only a lategame powerhouse, completely dependent on his build. If you build him wrong, he will suck bad. If you have no idea how to play him, he will suck bad. If you can't land basic attacks, he will suck bad. If you don't know how to navigate maps and juke, he will suck bad. There's just too many ways you can go wrong with him compared to other gods.

The Poison Darts + Rising Jaguar combo usually isn't even an issue in lower-level queues, because people have no idea that poison darts buffs the damage. Most people will level up Branching Bola first thing and use that, so they waste all their mana and become completely useless, on top of everything.

A lot of people build him lifesteal, but frankly it doesn't do a whole lot for him (despite having absurd basic attack damage), because he doesn't actually hit that hard until his build is fleshed out anyways, so if you build lifesteal you won't have your full damage potential.

He's more of an assassin than an ADC, tbh. Little to no sustain, very high damage and mobility. Come in on the tailend of teamfights for "kill security" and GTFO as fast as possible. Drop your ult to chase or escape. Literally all he is is a chase god.

On the subject of his dash making him CC immune, gl;hf timing it right enough to actually get the CC immunity out of it. I think it needs a buff to the duration, if anything. Literally everything can knock you out of it most of the time. And if you don't get CCed during it, you're just as likely to get killed by something or blocked by a Thor. On top of cripples making it completely useless, so if the enemy has a half-competent Cupid, Poseidon, Ares, or anything that can cripple you, you're basically ****ed.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 15, 2013 1:19pm | Report
Yep. But I have fun using it well. I don't even get beads against an ares, because I'm very confident in my timing. Although I kind of rely on roaming or being hyper-aggressive if in arena, to get the passive quickly before I fall off. Heartseeker is also so lolsy on him, no matter the game mode. His jump sends you like 100 feet.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » December 15, 2013 1:41pm | Report
XBAL sucks and should probably get a rework.

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 15, 2013 1:48pm | Report
Xbalanque is fine where he's at.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 15, 2013 10:51pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Yep. But I have fun using it well. I don't even get beads against an ares, because I'm very confident in my timing. Although I kind of rely on roaming or being hyper-aggressive if in arena, to get the passive quickly before I fall off. Heartseeker is also so lolsy on him, no matter the game mode. His jump sends you like 100 feet.

The problem isn't Ares's ult. 3 out of that **** like it's nothing. It's Shackles, because it's a cripple and you can't use your 3 if he's got you tagged. Note; "half-competent" Ares always tag people with shackles. He will Searing Flesh the **** out of you once you can't escape because of how squishy Xbal is.

I don't really care much for the passive, it's beneficial in the early game as a sort of "extra item" before your build fleshes out, but it maxes out at a whopping 30 physical power! Yeah, definitely going to secure my kills with that bonus.

Heartseeker is a great item for any ADC, and works particularly well on him if you don't die or are being fed. And, you shouldn't hardly ever die as Xbal unless you're just not being smart. His specialty is fast get-in-get-out tactics to get kills that are out of reach, pretty much.

The only thing on him that might need a rework is Rising Jaguar, because he's pretty much the only god with a "make or break" skill like that.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }