Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What Does Loki Need?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » What Does Loki Need? 26 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iSnod » July 23, 2014 3:07pm | Report
I would not change anything on his dmg. I would increase the cooldown or make it to the first ability which get increase cooldowns when you skill it up. Additionally I would change his stealth so that he is revealed in the 1 , 2 seconds of his stealth and give him (i remember 20% dmg reduction of his stealth) just in the first second after casting his vanish/stealth ao that DOTs are even more effective.
Just another Loki haha =D

iSnod

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 24, 2014 9:08am | Report
Sasquatch180 wrote:

2. Give them the same effect Serqet's invisibility has where they're visible to enemies within a certain radius, and perhaps a shorter vision area.

Isn't this a straight nerf?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 24, 2014 9:26am | Report

1. If Loki got a reduction in his damage he would need his abilities reworked to make him less useless in teamfights. Currently, all of his abilities are capable of damaging only one person, so that would need to be tweaked. Perhaps make his 1 poison and his 3 a continuous effect that lasts for 5 seconds and doesn't go away after you hit one person with it (like Bakasura's 3). His kit would definitely need some sustain or something, because he has 0 sustain and is one of the squishiest characters in the entire game, meaning you would still die very quickly in teamfights. A recastable 4 with reduced damage but still a one second stun could be interesting so long as you cant recast it if you don't hit anyone with it (would make him impossible to catch). His 2 should be left as is, maybe small changes, but I personally wouldn't tweak it at all.

2. I can't think of any answer to this.

1. His one is already a DoT, a steroid for his 3 doesn't solve him being single target with mostly damage, sustain isn't the problem considering how Nemesis, Bastet, and Hun Batz all don't have innate sustain, and all assassins die quickly in teamfights, except Nemesis.

As for recastable ults, here are my models.

A: Execute + Reward mechanic. You deal more damage to weakened targets, but cannot use it like combat blink (it basically can't miss, like Nem's ult.) But if you kill someone with it, you can recast it - either to use to use to again, or make the second cast like the old ult, being able to be used as an escape.

(This just rewards Loki for singling out a weaker target, instagibbing them with his ult, and then getting a teleport away. Basically makes his job easier, BUT makes him use his ult if he wants a more reliable escape AND you can't use your ult as an escape without killing someone first. Basically, better damage and potential killing power for more predictability and reduced survivability.)

B. Utility mechanic. You teleport (a reduced distance) snd deal minor damage with no stun, but can recast it in the next six seconds, maybe once or twice. However, the trick is, you gain damage reduction, perhaps a flat amount, or depending on the number of targets hit by your ult (perhaps make it AoE damage). Gaining some survivability and massive mobility will let you actually live long enough in teamfights to make use of your damage, instead of being instantly focused on and dying.

(You lose the ability to single out a target with your stun, as well as some minor burst damage, but you live long enough to recast Aimed Strike a few more times, and maybe have a more reliable escape.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » July 24, 2014 7:15pm | Report
Well Loki does need a rework, and here are my ideas.
Let's start with the passive don't change it.
The first ability needs to be changed. Vanish needs to go
instead have Loki throw a AOE knife that applies poison.
This is so Loki can clear.

The seconded ability will involve changing the decoy.
We all know Ramas roll and how you can change it's direction.
Loki sends a decoy running in the targeted direction and (Loki) turns
invisible free to ether engage or disengage now the decoy is more
versatile.

Third ability percentage damage buff (to abilities and auto attack)
Last ability is a new assassinate. How will it work it does damage (low)
plus 200% missing health damage (meant to finish off enemies)
It applies a slow if it does not kill, if it does kill you can
recast the ability but the damage is reduced by 50 percent.

About the ward leave the normal ward alone and give the sentry ward
true vision (makes the sentry ward more likely to be purchased).

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 24, 2014 7:22pm | Report
^ Is this in stanza or rhyme?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BurnMojo231 » July 24, 2014 7:31pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

^ Is this in stanza or rhyme?

No clue came out that way.

BurnMojo231

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 24, 2014 9:35pm | Report
Passive: Fooled!
When an enemy attacks a decoy they will have a debuff applied allowing loki to deal more damage.
(Not to sure about this one)

Vanish: Loki creates a decoy of himself and both go invis for 5s getting quickly revealed every 1s for .2s
The decoy will run next to loki, and when he goes left the decoy goes right and vice versa
(Basic idea, not perfect though)

His damage buff:
Loki has increased damage(lower than current) on his next attack, this attack will blind enemies for .5 and spawn a decoy infront of them that will appear to be attacking them.

His current decoy:
If loki has no decoy active this ability will spawn one that will 'attack' the nearest enemy. Can be reactivated to teleport to decoy. After teleporting loki's next attack will deal bonus damage/cleave

Ulti: Deceptive strike.
When off cooldown this ability will always have 3 charges, loki can summon a decoy above the enemy that will appear to be backstabbing them, the 2nd charge will do the same and the 3rd will allow loki himself to appear above them dealing a backstab.(Decreased damage from original) If a enemy was stabbed by a decoy they will have the passive 'Fool' on them(not sure bout this)

Just a quick idea
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 24, 2014 9:38pm | Report
Forgot to add why I put in more decoys.

Well you won't believe it but loki is the god of deception/trickery or something like that :O
So I decided he should have more deception/tricks

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » July 25, 2014 8:34am | Report

Passive: Fooled!
When an enemy attacks a decoy they will have a debuff applied allowing loki to deal more damage.
(Not to sure about this one)

Vanish: Loki creates a decoy of himself and both go invis for 5s getting quickly revealed every 1s for .2s
The decoy will run next to loki, and when he goes left the decoy goes right and vice versa
(Basic idea, not perfect though)

His damage buff:
Loki has increased damage(lower than current) on his next attack, this attack will blind enemies for .5 and spawn a decoy infront of them that will appear to be attacking them.

His current decoy:
If loki has no decoy active this ability will spawn one that will 'attack' the nearest enemy. Can be reactivated to teleport to decoy. After teleporting loki's next attack will deal bonus damage/cleave

Ulti: Deceptive strike.
When off cooldown this ability will always have 3 charges, loki can summon a decoy above the enemy that will appear to be backstabbing them, the 2nd charge will do the same and the 3rd will allow loki himself to appear above them dealing a backstab.(Decreased damage from original) If a enemy was stabbed by a decoy they will have the passive 'Fool' on them(not sure bout this)

Just a quick idea

I don't think a change of this magnitude would be fair to Loki players to have such a drastic change to him. Whatever the change is, it definitely should not be something massive and it shouldn't alter the way he is played too much.

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 25, 2014 8:53pm | Report
^
Well what about the poor guys who played arachne?
I don't think they should hold back with MAJOR reworks.

What I described there fits 'deception' a bit more and sounds cool.
But I can understand you not wanting him to change

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }