Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Weak3n

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Weak3n 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » July 14, 2016 10:25am | Report
What is it about the community of Smite that seems to dislike or disagree with him?

I got in a bit of an argument with a recent players in Conquest. I brought up how a lot of the knowledge of jungling in Smite and various information of items and landing I got was from him.
Several people says I shouldn't follow his information or listening to him was wrong in the first place. I don't know THAT much about smite and rotating.
Apparently ganking Solo lane, because it's solo lane and should only be those two to ever be in that lane, was wrong
They said solo lane should not need help and if they're losing they should be tower camping.
I don't agree with that. Help is given where help is needed, in my opinion.

Stealing buffs, I also got from him, was frowned upon in my gameplay as well. Kee in mind we won. And the build for Susano was also stolen from his recent jungle video. That was also called a "**** build"

Idk why people dislike the guy at all. He's very helpful and smite junkies is pretty awesome.
He does well in tournaments. And I'm personally a fan.

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » July 14, 2016 10:31am | Report
Who?

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » July 14, 2016 11:28am | Report
He's a very well known pro player and YouTube smite player. Active every day in the jungle role

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » July 14, 2016 11:45am | Report
Ah i follow him as well. They just dislike him because (imo) he really does not hold back on his streams. Like he says, telling it as it is. He helped me learn ALOT from his videos and streams.

Solo lane ganking shouldnt be frowned upon in the first place, because giving an edge to your own solo laner can give you a huge advantage in the late game, when you have two frontliners and they dont.

Stealing camps is a risky and rewarding play, still why did say it is frowned upon? The more gold and EXP you can deny to your enemies the better.

He once had the highest ELO for a few weeks and was in the number one team.

He does so many giveaways for his stream followers its kindve crazy when you see it.

He made Allegiance do ALOT better in the SPL.

And builds are just builds, preferences so to speak.

They dislike him just because he seems "rude". But thats just him being honest and people cant see that. Also cause in the past his team (not anymore) kicked Incon, and they hated him for that even though he had no say.

Hope that answers all of your questions.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » July 14, 2016 12:43pm | Report
It does answer a lot of questions. It's just a big reason why playing smite can be hard for anyone. Even when using advice from pros to back your reasons don't even work. The negativity and criticisms often make one not want to play. I was getting contradicted for using Weak3n as my reference, but you explained that. I usually don't see it thanks to my field of work where everyone is an *** sometimes for being harsh. That doesn't bother me.
I just can't seem to figure out what's being done right or wrong when I'm playing anymore.
How does this affect my gameplay even though I'm winning?
Actually ending up trying to avoid criticism by playing out of the lines I was getting yelled at for or cursed at from the previous game. Which is why Arena is more appealing to others. No particular guidelines or anything besides just killing and annoying the other team.
Idk. It's kinda getting to my head the more I try to play serious just to realize the harsh conditions that come the more you play and make a single mistake.

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » July 14, 2016 12:56pm | Report
Well come to terms with it and try to improve. Learn at your own pace so to speak.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » July 14, 2016 1:02pm | Report
I don't like Weak3n much, mainly to him being toxic, but there's one case that i specifically remember.

on the last game of ALG in the split, they picked a really weird comp.

Incon as Ravana support.

Matty as Cabrakan solo (which is now normal but beforehand Cabrakan sucked in general so)

and weak3n as Kumbhakarna jungle.

Incon & Matty practiced the picks a ton in ranked in their streams earlier together, was really cool watching them trying to adjust to the situation and try to make it work.

While Weak3n practiced the pick in casuals, while casually flaming the rest of his team, and he only did that on one stream.

I don't know why, i just really didn't like him doing that.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » July 14, 2016 1:03pm | Report
I think a lot of the hate towards him comes from the way a sizeable amount of his fan base majorly ****ride him as if he is the be all end all of smite, and they end up latching onto things he does in the wrong way.
Like how in one gameplay video he might build a particular SITUATIONAL build, and all his fanboys will jump on it claiming it to be THE jungle build for every situation, and majorly BMing anyone who disagrees
(I think this basically happened recently with a user on this site trying to argue in the Skadi thread, among other places, that 'Weak3n said this, weak3n said that, that means it's 100% solid fact!'(it wasn't something weaken said on that occasion, but same principal of how a lot of weaken's fan base acts up))

Not Weak3n's intention at all, but when this is all some people encounter of his fan base they will tend to think it's what he promotes, and then not take him seriously as a result. That's what I see a lot of

I personally don't like him as much as other players because, from what I've watched, I just find his style a little uninteresting.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » July 14, 2016 1:13pm | Report
All I see is 667 #1. I generally like Weak3n, but never encountered his fanbase.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » July 14, 2016 1:20pm | Report
GameGeekFan wrote:
I generally like Weak3n, but never encountered his fanbase.

Just imagine an army of Intelloyells (am I allowed to say that? Or is it slanderous?)

It seems rare to come across the level-headed fans of his, like iReauxbot, due to all of his fanboys acting up and drowning out everyone else.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }