Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

We Need More Ranged!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » We Need More Ranged! 28 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JellyD671 » December 1, 2012 12:18am | Report
Ok, so there are 26 God's in the game. So why only 11 ranged God's. There are only 4 more slots for the new Gods coming out soon. So why have the last 5 God's been melee Gods. Now i'm not hating on close range Gods, i'm just saying that there need to be more range. I think that it should be equal to how many melee God's and ranged God's. See the reason I am saying this is because all my friends i gave beta keys to, stop playing because they said there were not enough range, and they waited, and waited, and they never came. So they just quit the game. So i'm trying to get through to you smite. Make more ranged God's!

JellyD671

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 1, 2012 8:10am | Report
There are no ranged tanks that's why -.-

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 1, 2012 8:15am | Report
Hades actually is ranged LevasK.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 1, 2012 8:57am | Report
Well... Hercules is supposed to be the next god apparently...

Maybe... he'll be ranged?

I do agree with you though, even though I dislike playing ranged gods, their is significantly less ranged than melee. I would like to see some more ranged gods. Here's hoping!

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lethalized » December 1, 2012 9:08am | Report
There going to balance it out, but I highly doubt that hercules will be ranged. lol
IGN:Lethalize

Lethalized

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JellyD671 » December 1, 2012 7:13pm | Report
I hope they make a Poseidon. I know He Bo, he's water guy also, but, they have all the greats (that means Zues, Hades, and Poseidon) but no Poseidon. So i hope they will do something something with him. P.s. if they put hercules, then what weapon would he use? His fist? idk. But i'm new to smitefire.com, if you have tips please do help.

JellyD671

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » December 1, 2012 8:02pm | Report
If Hercules is ranged I'll s***. I just can't see it.

Also, there is no need to be upset about less ranged gods than melee. It's just a phase! Maybe we'll have more ranged than melee in a year and have the community upset about that, lol!

It was near 50/50 and then we got some melees, it really doesn't matter. I trust that HiRez has things in order and would not overlook something of that nature. I doubt this will ever be a topic after Smite if officially released.

Patience.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Xareth » December 1, 2012 8:06pm | Report
JellyD671 wrote:

I hope they make a Poseidon. I know He Bo, he's water guy also, but, they have all the greats (that means Zues, Hades, and Poseidon) but no Poseidon. So i hope they will do something something with him. P.s. if they put hercules, then what weapon would he use? His fist? idk. But i'm new to smitefire.com, if you have tips please do help.

Hercules used a giant club. However 1. Hercules used a bow and arrow frequently as well. 2. They just released Bacchus who is a giant mutton-club wielder.

But can you really see Hercules as ranged? They could give him super powerful bow and arrow abilities, but wouldn't that just be a stretch with the plethora of more "magical" gods that there are to choose from to use as ranged? So probably his fists. He could use a lot of weapons, I'm sure, so the sky is kinda the limit on that one.

Also, welcome to Smitefire! I can't wait for Poseidon too. Gonna be interesting to see how his water abilities differ from He Bo's.

Xareth

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » December 1, 2012 8:21pm | Report
Your question is a complex one. You want ranged fighters? I think that's very difficult to balance right. Look how ridiculous Cupid was in the beginning, and still is in the right hands.

Mages generally have to be ranged because as we all know that in order to compensate for a mage's devastating spells, they're generally squishy. And so in order to keep their basic attack from being completely ineffective we have to let them maintain a distance with their ranged attacks. Ra, Zeus, and Hebo would be useless if they weren't ranged.

On the other hand, would Artemis and Cupid be useless if they were melee? I don't necessarily think so. In fact, their range is often rendered irrelevant by the fact that nearly every melee god has a jump or some other means of closing the distance.

So I think really melee or range is an aesthetic question at best. I'd like to see more ranged as well simply because I think bows are badass but I'm a sexist pig and I hate playing as a girl, and playing as a midget is even worse.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmellyHarry » December 1, 2012 8:30pm | Report
Hahah, me suggesting Hercules as a ranged god was a complete joke. I would enjoy it though.

I'd picture Hercules as a physical tank like Vamana and Odin. He'd be the perfect opportunity to implement one since currently those two are the only TRUE physical tanks unlike Bacchus who is great physical but has magical scaling.

Poseidon would be great, and I'm sure he is a given, but I'd like to see some gods from other pantheons before him. I mean Bacchus is Roman (might as well be Greek, those culture stealing Romans) and now we're getting Hercules next supposedly. That's too many western-esque gods in a row for me at least!

For Poseidon I don't know if they would make him scale magical or physical. I could see him using his Trident as a basic attack (either throwing or melee), a nuke with him throwing it, a snare with him throwing a net myrmidon style, and an ultimate that summons aquatic monsters (A KRAKEN?) that damage/slow enemies in an AoE. I doubt the emphasis would be splashing around like He Bo.

Also, as Xareth said, welcome to Smitefire JellyD671! I hope we can be helpful!

SmellyHarry

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }