Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Wards vs Sentry Wards.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Wards vs Sentry Wards. 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aerodramatic » November 26, 2013 1:22pm | Report
What is the differnce between wards and sentry wards except that sentry wards can see stealth loki? And what is the difference between tier 2 and 3 eye of providence? Ps: is their any way of seeing directly if someone answered your post or do you always have to look?
And plz dont flame me for asking that question.
Favourite Gods:
Loki, Fenrir, Tyr, Xbalanque
Favourite roles:
Jungle, fed Adc

Aerodramatic

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 26, 2013 1:23pm | Report
sentry wards actually CAN't see a cloaked loki. Sentrry wards reveal normal wards that the enemy had.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aerodramatic » November 26, 2013 1:30pm | Report
Thx for the quick reply. But it sais in the descrition of sentry wards that it can see through stealth. Weird.
Favourite Gods:
Loki, Fenrir, Tyr, Xbalanque
Favourite roles:
Jungle, fed Adc

Aerodramatic

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » November 26, 2013 1:34pm | Report
Interesting...I dunno if they can see a stealthed loki. As far as I know, they can not. The description may be an old bug.

At any rate...

Ward - Line of sight visibility to you and your teammates. If an enemy gets seen by it, it'll ping the map (if you have that feature turned on, on by default).

Sentry Ward - Same as ward but it can see other wards. By seeing an enemy ward you can attack and destroy them. Thus sentry wards let you counter ward and ensure the enemy wards are destroyed.

Eye of Providence
Level 1 - You place a ward every time the cooldown is up
Level 2 - You get a sentry ward every time you place one.
Level 3 - You get a sentry ward that can see through jungle walls (thus nothing blocks its line of sight)

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 26, 2013 2:00pm | Report
Aerodramatic wrote:

Thx for the quick reply. But it sais in the descrition of sentry wards that it can see through stealth. Weird.

Yeah the stealth of the wards but not loki's stealth.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 26, 2013 2:16pm | Report
Sentry Ward as you can see allows you to see enemy movements and other wards in the area (doesn't see through walls). ;)

When it comes to Eye of Providence rank 2 is a normal Sentry Ward and rank 3 is a Sentry Ward that can see through walls (as all wards did back in the old days).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 27, 2013 4:59am | Report
Above said is all true, just to add to the practical value difference of Sentry Wards and normal Wards:

Sentry Wards are used as counter wards. Because they show an enemy ward you can destroy their ward and therefore limit their vision. (Mostly used when warding Fire Giant and Gold Fury, places where you want to be hidden from the enemy's eyes).

(Normal) wards are used to cover less common spots in the jungle, where it's either less likely the enemy has a ward or less crucial that the enemy has no ward. (Since normal Wards can not show enemy wards, so you can't destroy their wards with it).
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » November 27, 2013 7:02am | Report
Just remember, if you want your jungler to gank your lane. For the love of god put up some Sentry Wards so that he actually can get something out of the gank :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }