Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Unpopular opinions thread.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Unpopular opinions thread. 114 posts - page 4 of 12
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » July 12, 2014 12:29am | Report
Am I the only one who thinks Tornadoes are okay? If he coughs at you just use Greater Sprint or beads or something. It's easily juked, and, I'll tell you a little secret, once you see that he casts Tornadoes, any god with a jump can easily kill him. People haven't really seemed to figure out that Ao is freaking reliant on his tornadoes so much, that once he casts it, you can jump on him instantly just before the delay ends and it starts procing, and you have a massive advantage against him.

He Bo was always OP, even before the Warrior nerfes, and just because he is starting to be used competitively you now realize how ridiculous and unavoidable he is.

Artemis isn't as strong as people think she is. I don't know what happened, but people seem to have forgotten how squishy, slow and weak early game she is. Out of the blue everyone starts to praise her poke and say it's so good. Nothing has changed. She is still as unsafe and vulnerable as f***. I myself think Anhur is more powerful than her and a tad, very little bit OP in general. And I expect the rise of Anhur because Anhur sh*ts on Artemis.

Freya is ******ed. She has one of the best late games, being able to 3 shot every enemy late game and in 3 seconds kill a Guardian at level 20 with full build. only with her basic skills. And her early game isn't really bad. Compared to Chronos or Nu Wa, she beats them, easily. And her ultimate is so annoying. It's as easy to hit as Brutalize while providing safety and mobility and escapism. And its base damage and scaling are stronger than freaking earth shaker.

Janus was OP even before his buffs.

Apollo has always being absurdly broken.

Mesmerize is a broken CC in SMITE.

Nemesis should be removed from the game. Not because she is op, because she is stupid.

Guan Yu was the weakest Warrior before the Warrior nerfs (aside from Hercules) and now he is the weakest of them all.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 12, 2014 3:47am | Report
While Smite requires much more consistent aiming prowess, thus anyone can technically win a fight, League of Legends is much more mechanically and strategically intensive
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 12, 2014 5:16am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

While Smite requires much more consistent aiming prowess, thus anyone can technically win a fight, League of Legends is much more mechanically and strategically intensive

Indeed.

I know I've said this before, but 'pro plays' in Smite just don't have that 'Wow!' factor that the ones in League. I mean, I will acknowledge that Smite does require its fair share of skill, where as in LoL, a majority of them just blow me away with how mechanically exquisite some of the plays are.

Additionally, so many more mechanics such as orb-walking, CC cast time framing, last hitting, lane freezing, so many things are required to be one of the best players in League. While the the more, I suppose 'mental', things such as freezing and map awareness of enemy jungler are present in Smite, the more complex and action based mechanically intensive actions are missing from Smite.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 12, 2014 8:45am | Report
@jordenito if i wasn't on my phone i would go into such a fierce discussion with you why hebo is not op the like's of set discussion will be one that goes down in history.

Again if...
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 12, 2014 8:56am | Report

Watch from 18:15 and pay attention to shadowq.
If that doesn't give you a 'wow' effect Imma slap you.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » July 12, 2014 10:55am | Report
MOAR OPINOINS

SWK's clear was never OP, nor his knockup. Restore both of them please.

SWK's bird should be removed and replaced with some other animal; it was his main and in my opinion ONLY balance defect, and still is.

Guan should be reverted to magical, and regain all his old stats from last year.

Zhong should have his protections boosted again.

Chang'e is weak.

Loki is better in mid/solo than in jungle.

Hercules should have a cast time increase on his 1, and have it only stun when Hp<50%

Ares is rather potent as a semi-carry.

Vamana needs a remodel.

So does freya.

And Loki.

Ymir is a strong pick for both jungle and support.

Anubis does not need any change.

Fenrir's 2 should give protections instead of lifesteal.

Arachne needs a remodel and a new passive, being changed into a support/solo.

Odin should have a weaker passive protect on his 3 than before.

Ne Zha needs a new passive.

Hun Batz is still amazing.

I don't like ***bha's ult.

Rama is weird in the sense that he is completely overpowered yet is held back massively due to his lack of a good nuke aside from his ult.

Apollo's passive is the best in the game.

Thanatos' passive is also rather ridiculous. The healing should be reduced and only reply to minions.

Chronos needs a new passive.

Zeus needs his dmg increased + his swing progression back.

But if these things don't ever happen, I'll be cool.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SweetTenderLove » July 25, 2014 12:10pm | Report
Romanians wrote:
Kali is hot as hell.

Yes.

Also...

*Thanatos isn't OP. The reason being, if he goes to fight you and he misses that scythe he is done. His Ulti is easy to counter with either an active or an escape and is not hard to juke.
*Hercules is broken. Seriously, **** Hercules.

Firraria wrote:
Fenrir isn't press-3-to-win.

No, not at all. If you just press 3, the ability wont even activate. You need to click the target too.

SweetTenderLove

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 25, 2014 9:04pm | Report
Let me join in

-Fenrir is press 3 aim click rinse repeat = GG
-Scylla is hot, because tentacles.
-Freya needs to stop banishing the enemies after ares pull causing my ults to do nothing...
-Ares ult needs changes
-Noob yimirs are better in base than in lane. ("THE ******* WALL!!!!!????????")
-Vulcan passive is fine.... If ur drunk
_Side fact: 50% of my friends didn't know vulcan is ranged...
-Im pretty sure baby tornadoes don't follow you and rip you apart after you go in their mommynadoe
-Babynadoe hurts. ;'(
-Smite is probably most balanced, least toxic MOBA
GJ hirez :)
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 25, 2014 9:12pm | Report

No, not at all. If you just press 3, the ability wont even activate. You need to click the target too.

Not if you use Quick Casting.

REEEKTTT.

no but really Fenrir isn't OP at all. people who think he is are bad.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 25, 2014 9:33pm | Report
Fenrir isn't OP he's just simplistic. The hardest part is knowing how to stack your passive to 4, brutalize, then AA-Howl in most situations (since brutalize's bonus is a very short area)

But anyway he's more simple not overpowered or press ___ to win

ANYWAY

New unpopular opinion: if a god only has one reason to exist, and does it above average, it's not OP, it's doing his job considering his lack of flexibility.
yes this has a specific circumstance in mind
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }