Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tyr Balancing

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Tyr Balancing 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shyzer » January 3, 2014 9:54pm | Report
I feel as though Tyr's skill values are higher than it should be.

His heal on his Power Cleave is too high for it's low cooldown and physical power contribution.

His damage values on his Fearless is quite high on the offense-side. I don't think the developers put much thought into Fearless and the bonuses from Change Stance as a whole. Fearless already does quite the amount of damage, considering that it does 2x the posted value, and with Change Stance's passive, Tyr get's additional physical power.

It's almost as if you take away Tyr's Offensive stance, he is a fairly legitimate god with an impressive amount of durability and sustain.

With that in mind, if we give back Tyr's ability to switch stances; he now has moderate damage, durability, and sustain; in addition to high burst damage and a chain cc.

Even considering he is a melee oriented God (high risk -> higher reward), he has the ability to escape situations with his passive, and practically three gap-closers (all of which don't really collide with enemies). Those being: Fearless, (Change Stance)-Fearless, and Lawbringer.

Shyzer

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 3, 2014 10:08pm | Report
I'm just going to say your wrong here and hopefully someone will explain how Tyr IS balance. I'll just say this. Sure he has high power scalling with his skills. But that's how he is built. He is easy to kill as well, Most Tyr players only level Change Stance once. If not that would just be sacrificing the damage on his other skills. So early game he can do tons of damage but also can be easily killed.

Can't say anymore because explaining is not my forte. I am horrible at it. :/
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » January 4, 2014 6:54am | Report
Eh, the only reason Tyr is balanced is that there are a bunch of other characters more unbalanced than he is. There's no reason a cc combo that juggles you for 3 seconds should also one shot you, and his heal makes him basically impossible to beat in lane if the Tyr even remotely knows what he's doing. His passive is extremely strong as well. I don't have much of a problem with Change Stance tbh.

That said, he's hard to play as far as Smite characters are concerned, and he needs Blink or he becomes a much less effective character. That's a big deal in a solo lane meta (his strongest role,) that's heavily reliant on Teleport and HoG.

One of the best fixes for Tyr being OP isn't even a nerf at all. If Purification Beads actually worked on his 1 reliably, you could escape with good reaction time without being pulled way out of position and chunked. As it is now, you basically need to pop beads before he hits you and move towards tower so he can't pull after they wear off. They don't always work because of the way the engine handles knockups though, so I don't think that change is coming soon.

Aside from that, nerf the numbers on his heal a little so he's possible to kill (the only way you should think Tyr is easy to kill is if the only other character you play is Sun Wukong,) but only if you're going to nerf about ten other characters first. There are bigger problems than Tyr.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » January 4, 2014 10:10am | Report
The only way I see Tyr being a concern to a battle is if he uses his Guard Stance for the majority, if not all, of the game. Then, he stacks up on items like Hide of the Urchin and Runic Shield just to completely tank moves(seriously I've seen underleveled Tyrs take like 3 ultimates and still live.)
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }