Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Top gods in the current meta....

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Top gods in the current meta.... 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JaeSunV » September 22, 2014 11:54am | Report
I've mostly been posting these posts in the guides section, but this one is less of a guide and more of a discussion starter. Here's the link, come back here to discuss!

Why are some of the top gods right now at the top?

JaeSunV

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shyzer » September 22, 2014 12:51pm | Report
thoughts on Ne Zha?

Shyzer

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JaeSunV » September 22, 2014 1:41pm | Report
Ne zha is fun, however Magi's Blessing, beads, and aegis completely shut him down. He is really good in casuals, fun in low level league if you are good with him, but once people know how to juke him and avoid his abilities, he becomes very weak.

As a late pick he can be viable if you have a high damage low cc team since people won't waste an item slot on magi's blessing just for you, but outside of that he doesn't belong in competative. Yes, Lassiz and Wolfy will play him occasionally, but citing two of the best players in the world as a reason why ne zha is viable for you in gold or platinum league doesn't work.

And its not to say his kit is horrible, but at least half of the other assassin's and a couple of warriors and at least one mage is a better pick for the jungle. Arachne got re-tooled, there are no bad gods, but there are better choices.

JaeSunV

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » September 22, 2014 6:42pm | Report
Pretty sure rama is picked more than Art (after she got nerfed, like a month ago) and where is Freya? At least that is what I'm seeing on streams and such :P

http://smiterepo.com/#/gods/overview

http://tiermonster.com/chart

To tiered to read the whole article, so I'm just commenting out of the picks.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » September 22, 2014 7:38pm | Report

Pretty sure rama is picked more than Art (after she got nerfed, like a month ago) and where is Freya? At least that is what I'm seeing on streams and such :P

Rama is definitely picked more than Artemis now, especially with recent changes. And what about Loki? Wasn't he the biggest solo lane for a while?

And thanks for those, charts, they're really cool.
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 22, 2014 9:10pm | Report
Why the heck GEB is in there as support!? Ymir is a better pick than him simply because of his walls. His ult? Its nothing if half the Gods have CC immune skills and still nothing if there is beads and Magi.

This list seems to be made by someone "new" to the game. Zhong as first picks? That proves my point.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 22, 2014 9:12pm | Report
Top Gods? IMO

Yo I'm bout to **** **** up today, I feel like going ham.

Last but not least, at the bottom I have my words about Ne Zha for those of you who think you can really do **** about his ult... I think you do not ****ing understand what Ne Zha can do to your life. Feel free to prove me wrong how you can time Ne Zha ulting you without the use of the 3. Oh you have no way of knowing now do you? ROFL.

Athena = ***** gets on my nerves and I hate the ***** more the geb. Oh geb is ganking? Like I give a **** about his weak damage scrub 2 or him shielding himself on a gank. Good for him. Athena is a ***** because you can be fighting in solo and the hoe comes across the entire map with her ult, oh the ult didn't hit you, its okay I'll dash and taunt you. Taunt is most annoying ****, and the entire reason she is an annoying ********, is because of her dash, her taunt wouldn't be she for the fact she has a dash that allows her to stay on you even if you use your escape, your not getting away, especially if she counters your sprint with her own sprint.

Geb = Shield the end, nothing about him is scary, anyone who thinks geb is scary when they seem him is dumb. The only reason he is good at all is because of his dumb shield and passive crit reduction, yet it doesn't make him SCARY it only makes his TEAM MATE SCARY not himself.

Agni = This ****er, is best of best. I still think he is the best god in the game and for ever will rain supreme, I say he is the legit best god only if you are so damn good with him to use him to his full effect. You simply are not out playing him, nuff said. Want to see your health go bye bye? BLAH BLAH BLAH you just got hit 3 times, dash, flame wave, gem on his 1, BLAH 10 second laters, repeat, 40 seconds later, BLAH BLAH flame wave ect dash, stun. 1 Minute Later, BLAH BLAH BLAH gone your dead.

Agni is only as bad as the person playing him, Agni I swear has always held the crown of #1 GOD KING OF ALL ***********ING GODS IN SMITE. Strait 1v1 nobody is beating him if both players are perfectly equal in skill. He is too strong, not op but someone has to be #1 and I say its him. Nobody can **** with him and any time he dies 1v1 its because he was out played, not because the other god was a better god. Agni ALWAYS is the better god, the only reason he loses is from being out played. Luckily, most people are not good with Agni, I myself do just average half the time, only some days when I feel like really playing him try hard do I do good, or only if I am trying to be a 1v1 nerd and want to win a 1v1 will I pick him and go try hard for the simply fact that I know, if you want to win a 1v1 pick ****ing Agni because nobody can touch him, assuming you play like a try hard camper who waits for your ults, just poke them to death until they die or back off your ****.

Apollo = Another *****, somehow he is the best but yet I suck massive **** with him, go figure.
Best for others, legit worst for me.

Chaac = because its Chaac

Chronos = Sleeper top tier god, if this ***********er CAME OUT TODAY AS A NEW GOD, and nobody played him before, everyone would be on his **** crying that he is OP, 1 does a **** ton of damage, you can make it even more damage with his passive, his ****ing 3 stun is redackulous, his 2 is ****ing a disgrace to peoples faces, his ULT is the massive ********* that makes people want to give up on life.

This ***********er gets to GET A FREE LIFE, that's what his ****ing ult is, imagine if you die, you simply come back to life that's basically what ****ing Chronos has, oh your about to die? Just activate it right before you get bursted and your back to full hp and the other god just wasted all his **** on you.

SLEEPER TOP TIER. Anyone who says Chronos is bad is a dumbass, anyone who thinks he is lower than mid tier is a idiot. He is the only **** face, that can blast loads on 3 gods, dance around them, spam his 1 5 times, get a kill, take a ult to the face, rewind time, get back on FULL HP, fight the remaning 2 gods he just fought, now have an advantage because his HP is back and they are low, mop them both up with his skills.

How do you counter a ****ing Chronos ? The answer is YOU DON'T. You only punish his **** wave clear early game and that's IT, literally. He is faster than you, he has stuns, his basic attacks **** you up, his 1 ****s your life up, he gets a free ****ing life. FREE LIFE = No counter play.

If he didn't have **** wave clear, people would be on his **** crying he is OP, imagine if he cleared waves fast as Kukulkan does? You would all spam this ****er 24/7.

Hebo = Every ability is an Ult that's why, and he can solo 3 of your team mates as long as they are in front of him and he sees them first, **** with hebo when he has his 2 down and has no respect for your 3v1. Call his 1 a sweeper, because anyone near it gets ****ing mopped.

Janus = High damage, absurd damage, escapes out of this ****ing world, can't catch his ***, he can always catch your ***, he can always get away, he can get anywhere on the map in under about 4 seconds with his ult.

Kukulkan = AOE ***** of the game, touch any of his AOE and get **** on, nuff said, that's why hes a top ***** as well.

***ba = He can legit 1v1 MOP your ***, even if you are an assassin its likely he can still strait up 1v1 your ***. He can clear waves with ease, his damn stun is long, he basically gets a free life as well as long as nobody hits him for a certain amount of time to finish him off. His ult is mad ****ing annoying when you watch your self go in the air only to know once you hit the ground his ULT DAMAGE ALONE is killing you. Basically this ***** can tank and deal damage, and clear waves. Its almost kind of ********* if you think hes suppose to be just a tank.

Merc = only because of his 1 takes half of your hp from 30 feet away...

Ra = THIS ***********er..... lets not even talk about him. The ****ing minion heal is exactly why he is a ***********er... moving on now. Ra isn't a ***********er because he can rape you, its because he rapes you by minion rape.... yes he only heals his minions so he fights with 6 minion *****s to help him attack you, he just makes you waste more **** to clear waves and its pretty ****ing annoying.

Poseidon = I don't give a **** what people say, hes still top pick, if he came out today as a new god everyone would be on his **** saying ban him every match please. ULT obliterates teams, whirlpool is still good with gem, ect. Fast and high damage with his passive. Basically, he is top pick for the simply fact that, he can 100-0 not only YOU but your entire ****ing team along with you, if you take him down, you are likely going down with him. You are not ****TING on this god unless you gank him from behind, ect, rarely can you **** on him if he already knows your going to fight him.

Rama = High damage **** head, that roll **** head, high clear **** head. Ult snipe you when you run **** head.

Scylla = Please get off her, if she had good early clear people would ban her ***, its the fact of her early **** clear that people act as if she somehow is not as good? NOT AS GOOD? What the **** are people insane??? That ****ing AOE massive AOE up the ***, that can take half of your HP is weak? Hell no its not....

This ***** has more AOE than Kukulkan, its IMPOSSIBLE to miss it if you are in the middle of it without the use of blink, dashes, ect. The ****ing SIZE on that AOE is why this ***** is powerful, that can hit 3 people with out even trying. Oh that's your team? Throw my AOE out and hit all of them with ease.

Easy *** escape, probably the best ****ing escape a mage in the game can have because it can be used as a damn ward, oh are they at mid camp? Let me see with my ward escape .....
She has a damn root...

Her ult is obliteration... hard to hit? My ***... the delay is not that bad as people claim, 5 ***********ing enemy gods and you can't hit one with it???? Then you suck *** at Smite. How to hit them... place the ****ing circle on them and watch them die, THAT EASY, the delay is not even that long, they are only escaping it with a dash, ect, not by moving unless they moved BEFORE it was activated.

Why is she rape? Because she can ult over... and over... and over.... and over...

Freya = Fatalis

NOT TOP PICK BUT HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY
= Ne Zha = Umm.... this *****... is not weak... magi's blessing? Dude.... that does NOT shut Ne Zha down, that **** is very laughable at best. Only on gods like Anubis can it shut me down, when I play a god Like Ne Zha I laugh at Magi's blessing what is that **** going to do to me????

Okay? I will just 3 you and BYE BYE to your shield, it puts me in NO DANGER because Ne Zha's 3 is MAD EASY to land, and I can do it from 30 ****ing feet away, meaning, on my next cooldown I am going to hit your *** with my 3 and your stupid magi's blessing won't save your ***...

Oh you have beads??? That is mad laughable too!!!! Only on gods like Anubis is it more effective, on Ne Zha I laugh at that **** when I make people waste it.

Oh I 3 you??? YOU expect me to ult SO I DON'T ULT YET, instead I watch you waste beads then I let it wear off then snipe your *** with my ult after it wears off....

Oh I don't even have to do it that way, !!!!!

You got AEIGS AND BEADS?????

EVEN BETTER!!!!!

How the **** can you counter Ne Zha when I SIMPLY ULT YOU WITHOUT THE USE OF MY 3?>>???

Exactly you can't, if someone has beads, I simply ult their *** without my 3 because the 3 gives you time to beads and see my ult coming, instead I will just ULT because its soo fast that you can't react to it, only by ****ing luck will you ever activate a active when I ult you without the 3.

Ya, Ne Zha is easy to shut down??? Not by ****ing actives that's for sure, I can prove this easy, let me ult you without the 3 and try to use beads and guess when I am going to ult you, I bet your *** will realize its almost impossible to time because its too fast of an ULt, that's why nubs who play Ne ZHa use the 3 then ULT, which is why its getting countered, smart players either ULT without the 3 so you can't avoid it, or 3 you then wait for you to pop beads, then ULT you after it.

That's my ***********ing story today kids.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 22, 2014 9:16pm | Report
^
This is from someone who knows the game.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » September 22, 2014 9:33pm | Report
There is probably like a few more gods that are as good, eh I don't feel like cursing even more than I have.

Ymir's another op ***********er.... Lets not even get started on that scum bag.

What is OP?

OP is when your doing **** your not suppose to be doing.

Like Ymir ****ing your life up when he is a suppose to be a ****ing tank....

Tell me why when Ymir combo's me I get ****ing obliterated and run for my life, but when I see other gods who are not even tanks I laugh at them???

You see, since a certain god like Ymir isn't problematic people just LET THEM SLIDE and don't call them OP.

But lets be real guys, if a ***********er like ***ba or Ymir is a TANK and they are doing massive damage shouldn't that be OP for what the **** they are suppose to be???

Last time I checked, tank wasn't suppose to mean, Tank all your damage, and me deal a **** ton of damage and clear waves just as fast as you.

**** IT!!!!

If they had a good escape they LITERALLY would be better than any other role in the game.
Merc would look like **** if Ymir had a Agni Dash.

I'm not even calling Ymir OP in the sense of he gives me a problem that I feel I need to ***** at him, but anyone with a brain notices that his *** hits hard as hell....

Exactly, tanks are ment to be tanks... yet we have tanks like him and ***ba that hit hard as **** while CCing you....

The only reason I am not *****ing is because its all close range, if it was long range I would ***** and cry about it.

Play ***bah mid as a mage and you will see what I mean when you out clear mages.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JaeSunV » September 23, 2014 4:38pm | Report
Thanks for the reply and the really long post. I took the liberty of looking a couple of you up using your ign's and I can see where you are getting your info. My article was mostly meant for league play not casuals. Not to diminish accomplishments in casual, but its a different game than ranked.

I just want to point out a couple of things that I can agree on. Freya is pretty powerful in the adc or jungle role. She, Janus and Scylla (to some extent Ra, nods to theBoosh) are the only real hyper-carry mages in late game and she is really popular in ranked for that reason. She doesn't see a ton of competitive play because she will get collapsed on by a coordinated team. She would certainly be on the list of 2nd picks and she is a counter pick to a lot of gods.

I think a few folks missed the point of the post, and maybe it was my failing to explain what a 1st and 2nd pick list really is. Its not to say that other gods aren't viable. If you are really exceptional in a god not on the list and you really understand your role, than by all means, play that god.

On the note of Chronos being strong, absolutely, but he really needs baby sitting in the early game or he will lose his tower early and get behind in lane. Its tough to not lose the confidence of your team if they don't already know you to be a good player. For these few reasons, there are better picks.

Lastly, Geb and Zhong Kui are extremely strong in ranked as games will often last longer than 30 minutes. In casual there are a lot of gods that never get that chance because one team or the other will surrender in 25 minutes, at least in my limited experience in casuals.

Thanks all!

JaeSunV

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }