Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

This Community

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » This Community 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 17, 2014 8:15pm | Report
I have literally never, ever, ever encountered whoever you're talking about. The closest I've had to a rager is a jungle Geb first day who had no idea what he was doing and blamed him dying in the jungle on us, and blocked us all. But I've NEVER had the toxicity level you seemed to have encountered.

Possibly review and make sure you didn't incite anything? If you truly didn't, just try to ignore them and push on. A lot of the community is absolutely lovely. I see you only have 2 posts, both of which are in this thread, so you seem new to smitefire. Hopefully our community can show you how good a smite community can be.

Smite > LoL > Dota > HoN.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » January 17, 2014 8:39pm | Report
^ Not gonna lie we are pretty amazing!
Welcome to the community buy the way :)

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 17, 2014 8:54pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I have literally never, ever, ever encountered whoever you're talking about. The closest I've had to a rager is a jungle Geb first day who had no idea what he was doing and blamed him dying in the jungle on us, and blocked us all. But I've NEVER had the toxicity level you seemed to have encountered.

Possibly review and make sure you didn't incite anything? If you truly didn't, just try to ignore them and push on. A lot of the community is absolutely lovely. I see you only have 2 posts, both of which are in this thread, so you seem new to smitefire. Hopefully our community can show you how good a smite community can be.

He is right and what he said definitely happens. People will randomly start insulting each other for no reason, or start telling you that you suck for no reason, or start complaining for no reason. It's happened in the majority of my matches, but I just put up with the stupidity.

For example, I was playing a match as Fenrir, 5 kills, zero deaths, I come up on duo lane and gank (the enemy was in the jungle about halfway down the lane, not even in the lane, actually), get a double kill. Duo lane immediately starts *****ing that I stole kills and that I was bad and the only reason I had any kills was because I had stolen them all from every lane. By the time the enemy team surrendered, I was 8/0 and duo lane was still complaining about me being bad. People will cry about everything. Even if you're winning.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 17, 2014 9:36pm | Report
Oh I don't doubt it happens, I just think it's a stretch to call it the community, because it seems to be rare. And often, it takes two to tango.

I think majority is a stretch, but you guys might just be unlucky. Then again, it's usually possible to sate rage by being courteous and nice. People won't try to hate on people they like, so if you come off as a decent person (instead of arguing back) they'll usually be mad but stop. That's just my opinion though. In the end, my only point is it's not the majority, because I sincerely don't believe it to be.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 17, 2014 10:05pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Oh I don't doubt it happens, I just think it's a stretch to call it the community, because it seems to be rare. And often, it takes two to tango.

I think majority is a stretch, but you guys might just be unlucky. Then again, it's usually possible to sate rage by being courteous and nice. People won't try to hate on people they like, so if you come off as a decent person (instead of arguing back) they'll usually be mad but stop. That's just my opinion though. In the end, my only point is it's not the majority, because I sincerely don't believe it to be.

Rare for you.

You don't have to say a single word for someone to unleash a *****torm.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 18, 2014 9:14am | Report
Agree with darth tat smite should consider it when a player is reported by 2 or more team-mates..not just throw it in spam
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by drewb0t » January 18, 2014 9:23am | Report

>.<

lol you seem pretty toxic my man

drewb0t

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 18, 2014 10:18am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I won't say anything about it because this guy expressed the same opinion as I do.

A cookie for you, Raventhor.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 18, 2014 6:01pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Actually, I feel that Smite has a worse community than LoL, especially their reddit section.

And the poster is no better. He's an exaggerator and an unpleasant person.

I believe LoL's NA community is better than Smite's. LoL's OCE community is absolutely horrible. I will admit it now, the fact that there is currently no tribunal in LoL OCE is really hurting it. Toxicity is very out of hand there. I feel like it'll be fine when the tribunal comes though.

All forums are an absolute ****hole though. I haven't been on Smite reddit enough, but NA GD is full of HENTAI and people who are doing their best to test the mod's limits, and OCE GD is full of illiterate bastards that pride themselves on their lack of education by spamming 'rekt' and 'tl;dr' on every thread, and they just love getting into arguments even when people ask honest questions.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » January 18, 2014 6:24pm | Report
I actually have not found the oce lol that bad granted im only lvl 15 in lol so I havny come across any league try hards yet so may opinion may change on that matter!

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }