Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The meta

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The meta 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by H.A.K.U » May 5, 2016 3:43pm | Report
Can someone explain to me the meta behind selecting roles and the proper behavior of when someone "auto-locks" because today I just got on to SMITE went to VERSUS note VERSUS not RANKED just a normal friendly casual game and well as soon as we get in I wasn't paying much attention and I had recently unlocked Mercury and I thought to myself "why not"? But little o'me was unaware that a teammate had selected Bakasurad they wanted to jungle from which I ended up getting chewed out (No pun intended. so this guy just messages me when we are loading in "Your a ****ing idiot" and from there on out you can tell how south things went and how he just kept attacking me and arguing with me about how to be respectful to fellow teammates even though he seems like a big fat hypocrite but that's besides the point even more so since I'm the "cancerous and very toxic" player so can someone explain to me this meta and how offensive it is because really that was just stupid and childish.

H.A.K.U

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wolfman5665 » May 5, 2016 3:46pm | Report
unless you go 50/0/0 you will constantly get flamed, you must be pro status at smite to not get flamed.

Wolfman5665

Remarkable (6)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by H.A.K.U » May 5, 2016 3:55pm | Report
Well then this guy must have been MLG Pro with sponsers cause he went 5-0 and he thought he was carry even though our teammate who was left lane went 10-0 and had about 15 assist and was the first to be at the titan.

H.A.K.U

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » May 5, 2016 4:49pm | Report
The Mute Button will be your Lord and Savior in these terrifying games.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » May 6, 2016 10:31am | Report
Ummm. To clarify: when you enter a casual conquest match people generally call roles. If somebody calls a role before you, and then you're like "nah" and take that role anyway, that's considered a **** move. HOWEVER, there's nothing stopping you from playing any god you want in the role you get. If you get ADC and you decide to play Mercury that's your call. Do take into account that if you end up feeding because of your decision, you will be screwing over 4 other people who probably just wanted to play a semi competitive match, but regardless it was still your decision to make.

Basically, I'm not entirely clear on what happened in your match. If Bakasura called jungle and you were left with support but was like "nah" and then spent all game jungling even though baka already called that role, that's kind of a **** move. On the other hand, if you legitimately played support as Mercury and assisted your ADC in the duo lane, that's fine.

Two final examples:
One game I was playing with Stuke99, I called mid. Another player picked Janus, locked in and said "screw casual 'rules' I'm going mid". Thus to avoid our team being destroyed by having two mid laners I did the decent thing and went support. What that Janus did is basically be a complete a-hole. Don't be Janus.

The next day I played a game as Hades solo. My duo lane was being creative and chose Awilix ADC and Nemesis support. However, since they called those roles, that was fine. We actually ended up winning that game!
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by H.A.K.U » May 6, 2016 12:58pm | Report
Thank you for your insight there I can see how it's a **** move but I didn't Jungle I had to help our Chang'e who was getting ganked by Thor, Loki and Odin. Also our Bakasura solo'd right lane and our poor Khepri had to do his job but luckily our Anhur was fed and we won because of him even though our Bakasura claims he carried the team because he went 5-0 and our Anhur was 30-0. So picture a Mercury, Chang'e and Kheprii (who had to go right lane from time to time because of Bakasura) all pushing and struggling to fight off 3 to 4 guys which the enemies Anubis sometimes came into the mix where he did kill me but I only DIED ONCE in the game I had like 5 to 6 assist and no kills and 1 death our Chang'e had like 3 kills and had a few close calls near death but we had Khepri's alt at the ready but only reason why I say that I died was because of Bakasura Khepri wasted his alt on him.

H.A.K.U

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }