Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The community is lovely in the evening.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The community is lovely in the evening. 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » March 19, 2013 6:08pm | Report

I dont know what I did, but...sorry? ;c
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 19, 2013 6:39pm | Report
Maybe it's just me, but for some reason it seems like Odin is the easiest god for people to blame their losses on. Whether it's because you weren't "tanking", or you weren't using your ult enough, or screwing your teammates over with it, people just seem to like blaming Odin. Not with any other god do I get hated on so much, unless I was feeding horribly (and that is just a typical reaction people will direct towards any feeder).
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 19, 2013 7:05pm | Report
Or it's the occurrence in which players tend to blame their failures on other players, because they're too angry and ignorant to blame it on anyone else other than the people who they target.

If one person targets a person who they either believe or really is doing poorly, other people tend to follow. They need an outlet with which they can channel their anger when they can't target it on the enemy.

This... is one of the biggest reasons why I dislike this game. Half of the community is rude and ignorant.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » March 19, 2013 7:13pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

This... is one of the biggest reasons why I dislike this game. Half of the community is rude and ignorant.

Substitute "game" with "genre", and you'll have an accurate statement. MOBAs in general seem to attract that crowd, and with the increasing influx of LoL players that have been moving into SMITE recently, I've been seeing some pretty vicious folks these days. 90% of the time I endured a loss in a LoL game, it involved most (if not the entire team) pointing fingers at each other and spewing out ridiculous insults.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 19, 2013 8:23pm | Report
That's why I'm glad I didn't play LoL. I would probably be one of them.

The game is so much more enjoyable when people don't spew "*****" "**** you, you're bad" "Uninstall", etc., or some other sarcastic **** from their... well, typed mouths. Unfortunately, I have played few games where this does not happen.

This is why I like the SmiteFire community. Save for a few people, we all seem to get along and I'd like to play a few games with people. I'm definitely not the best character, but I play for fun.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 19, 2013 8:49pm | Report
I noticed that there are a few people who happens to be raging causing a storm of a mood to appear. I'm lucky to have less trolls in the people I meet now a days. Think some people are finally growing up. In some of the games I've been in, if one player is feeding I don't see those types of comments anymore.

The good thing about Smitefire is that there's practically no trolls except for ElGrizz, but we all love him. Though, sometimes Smitefire gets really debate intensive to this really heated moment, especially what happened with Scenecrox.

Although, Sunfall never accepts my love and ignores it. I will keep on trying.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 19, 2013 8:53pm | Report
Ragingstorm wrote:

I noticed that there are a few people who happens to be raging causing a storm of a mood to appear.

Lol raging causing a storm. Ragingstorm. You funny. But no, that's good for your team. It takes a lot for a team for cooperate well in this game, in my opinion. The less that a team is *****ing at each other, the better.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » March 19, 2013 9:03pm | Report
Well I feel bad for Nogglez, all he does is sit in the spawn and try not to feed. These people clearly doesn't know how amazing he can be at times, and they are probably going to be mind****ed when they know he's one of the active members on Smitefire. It's like insulting a staff member at a famous company.

Also, I would just try to avoid responding with anything, and mute or ignore the text box. That will help, sometimes when a player feeds. It could just be a bad game. I don't see why they go mayhem about it.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » March 19, 2013 9:14pm | Report
Ragingstorm wrote:

Well I feel bad for Nogglez, all he does is sit in the spawn and try not to feed. These people clearly doesn't know how amazing he can be at times, and they are probably going to be mind****ed when they know he's one of the active members on Smitefire. It's like insulting a staff member at a famous company.

Also, I would just try to avoid responding with anything, and mute or ignore the text box. That will help, sometimes when a player feeds. It could just be a bad game. I don't see why they go mayhem about it.

I bet Nooglez is a great player. As for their knowledge of who he is, I bet it won't matter. First impressions mean a lot.

I would mute the idiots, but in doing so I'm potentially losing sight of my enemy via radio commands, or something else that might be pertinent. If I could mute them but not their radio commands, than I would gladly do so.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » March 20, 2013 3:50am | Report
Yeah, the problem is that people are migrating over from Lol to this game because it's (in my opinion) more fun! =D
Unfortunately there's a lot of negs on Lol and it seems to be if you make a mistake or lose that this attitude is being brought into this game!

Sometimes if you lost first blood it's because of a mistake you made or because the enemy has great synergy on a lane or you are supporting a Ra who likes to turret hug on the first minion wave!

These things happen and the people who just berate others in their team is annoying!
A positive attitude and if people realised switching lanes with someone may help the situation but most people with bad attitudes don't!

The attitude of, "I have great stats in this game, must have been your fault" isn't really great, because if they don't call things or cost you a death or when they take a kill when you gank (I don't mind at all - just when they then boast about getting lots of kills and you having few it kind of annoys me)!

I'm still very new to this game and all I can say is, this game is good enough to put up with the idiots! Just hope I see more of you guys in the game!! =D

This turned from a two line thing to a whole post!! whoops!

RevanClaw

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }