Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The community is general

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The community is general 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LSUTigersFan1 » February 8, 2016 9:23am | Report
First, I have been playing since June. I consider myself to have gotten fairly good, I am a frequent browser of Smitefire, even if I did create an account just for this post.

Without laying blame or insult, I would like to say that of all the games I have played on Xbox through the years, the Smite community in general is the most harassing community I have ever played with. Never have I had so many inboxes or party invites, whose sole purpose was to cuss, threaten or harass. I have now mastered over 30 gods, I daresay the ones I am comfortable with I am pretty good at. I am also familiar and decent with all roles in conquest, my main game of choice. 50 percent of the time I try a new god, I will get at least an inbox on how much I suck. The other 50 percent of the games someone else is the target, in casual play of course. In league, I find my teammates more cooperative and knowledgable as well. I would just like to request "CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?"

TLDR - The amount of cussing, threatening, and the extent of it, is just too much. The bad apples make it hard to find the good ones, Chill out. That is all. I also apologize to the people that are not represented in this post.

LSUTigersFan1

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 8, 2016 11:10am | Report
I don't know if you would read this. But first welcome to SF

and well the problem you are talking about is a: Welcome to the MOBA community, thing
or actually any online game which is a team game and not a competitive shooter (like csgo). Do something wrong and you will get blamed.

Also don't think smite is the most harrassing It's more on par with LoL or DotA (or behind but not by much)

Best thing to do is to let those people be salty, Mute, ignore and report etc. can't do more against it.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » February 8, 2016 11:34am | Report
Somebody's never played call of duty if they think the smite community on Xbox is bad....

I tend to get more messages saying I did good and whatnot. Maybe it's just a UK/US difference. I tend to find there's a higher level of mutual respect between uk players, in all games, than between US players.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LSUTigersFan1 » February 8, 2016 12:30pm | Report
Yes, this is my first MoBa, but I have played a lot of CoD. You're right, the block button is a good friend of mine. Other than that it doesn't really bother me, takes more than a few internet words to aggravate me. I just think it is a bit excessive, and felt the need to point it out.

LSUTigersFan1

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » February 8, 2016 2:34pm | Report
I like to make my enemies and teammates suffer from hypernatremia

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Anarchy5partan » March 9, 2016 12:08pm | Report
CoD community in a nutshell, *******s screaming at everything. I mean EVERYTHING. Oh you did well? "F*CKING HACKER!" You did poorly? "GET SH*T ON NOOB!" Smite community on the other hand. Just feels judgemental. You can do well without getting called a hacker. They are honest, and brutally so. Do poorly and drag the team with you? Then you will hear about it. The thing is, it seems no one holds back. You caused a loss? Then people will cuss you out. Of course, I'm mad as well when somebody drags the team down, but I credit myself a bit of a nice guy, so I'm not going to "scold" you for losing. Because that's what it seems like.
~ Fabulous

Anarchy5partan

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }