Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Teamwork: A dying breed.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Teamwork: A dying breed. 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » March 11, 2014 3:38am | Report
Well, guys with a lot of cc help devastate the opposite team. I recommend if you are playing support, then at least go bruising because in this game mode you want annihilate the enemy team as much and as fast as possible. About teamwork, if your team sucks here is how you should react; low masteries: probably a noob more than a troll because when I was a noob myself I usually got paired up with high-levelers meaning maybe people probably don't smurf much in Joust, and so you should calm down and help him play the god by telling him god combos and etc. High-masteries: The only thing is try stimulating them, keep telling them how good they are everytime they get a kill or a tower, try telling them that you can win (it helps if you are ahead on gold by at least 5k.) Thinking of more stuff to write, but that's all I got right now.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 13, 2014 1:12am | Report
keep telling them how good they are everytime they get a kill or a tower, try telling them that you can win

Every time we take an objective or get a kill, 98% of the time I hit VVGN. Sometimes people don't want to listen though. I had an Ao on my team in 3v3 who would Ult randomly when the enemy team was full health and we were just waiting for minions to spawn. I said something like, "Ao, try to save your Ult for when the enemy is low or for team fights. (:", but he still kept doing it. Same situation with teammates just jumping into fights for no reason. Like I said, some people just don't want to listen. For me, that's the most frustrating part; Having a teammate that's bad because he/she doesn't understand the game is fine, we all start somewhere and I'm happy to try to help. But people that don't WANT to learn or don't listen to advice are hopeless.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Majestic_Jackal » March 14, 2014 2:00pm | Report
DasBurges: I don't usually pick Support as my go to class/type of god, I usually just do it because I am good at it and no one else ever wants to pick it, and others will just be stubborn and still pick whatever god they wish to have, so we'll end up all magic or all physical and it just makes for a total slaughter cause the enemy team will just rip you up with their guardians CC and beefy defense. I have done Mage Rages and Assassin Passions or even Tank Spanks for fun in 3v3 and usually it can be luck and you win, or just plain our defeat. Truly I just look for fun, but when players seem to set out to destroy any fun then the game becomes frustrating and fruitless.

WatchfulShadow: Sure man i'll add you ASAP I can log in, sorry for a late response but I've been away for a good while, recently just returning from a trip, and i'll be getting into Smite again and picking it up. hopefully the luck will change as well, or players became competent

Thanks for all the feedback btw folks, I'm totally glad I'm not the only one and some of the helpful advice.

Majestic_Jackal

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 14, 2014 2:53pm | Report
I try not to play regular conquest due to the few people that aren't mature enough, so I either play normal Joust 3v3's/Arena or League Conquests/Joust 1v1's/Arena.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Majestic_Jackal » March 15, 2014 1:53pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

I try not to play regular conquest due to the few people that aren't mature enough, so I either play normal Joust 3v3's/Arena or League Conquests/Joust 1v1's/Arena.

Joust 3v3 is fun AS long as you have a decent team, I don't mind losing a match if we were just out played or out-matched, I feel I can accept that defeat, but when you take defeat for a bad teammate or mate's that are simply playing a role wrong and when you try to steer them in the right direction they try to just turn it around on you claiming it's your fault, mostly this stems from when I must support because everyone else just took the ADC/Assassin or Mage role by insta-lock or no one wanted to take it (Like most), and I'm building full tank/support, all high defense and anything I need, so my damage suffers, I will throw in something like a Voidstone or such to try and boost myself a tad bit while still gaining magic protect, but I am solely for the CC and being a tank. and yet they still will act like I'm meant to secure kills, only WAY I can kill someone is If they are stragglers with low health, in that case I Belly-Flop, Belch and if not done by then with no back up I burst them with Intoxicate if not on CD. But they expect me to be killing enemies at practically max health lol.

Majestic_Jackal

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by franklyn » March 15, 2014 7:48pm | Report
Make some friends

Playing with random people and no communication is obviously going to lack teamwork. That's how pugs are, in any game.

franklyn

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Majestic_Jackal » March 16, 2014 11:25am | Report
franklyn wrote:

Make some friends

Playing with random people and no communication is obviously going to lack teamwork. That's how pugs are, in any game.

Well by now i've gotten plenty of friends just half the time they're not on, and these instances i speak of are when i HAVE no friends on who wanna party up with me, I have plenty of friends, sheesh, i wish they were on more often i miss the awesome 10 3v3 joust winning streak i went on once with my two best friends, but i like to variate to anything but Arena, Arena is so fun but it just lags too much and i end up being an asset to the enemy team lol,

And on another note, Mr.Franklyn, WE DO communicate, just these people are so stubborn and immature they either ignore you, or simply don't wish to play right, and that's where my frustration or hate for the game grows, But recently i've managed to begin to carry bad players as i took the one guy's advice, I just play a hard Neith,Xbal, or Anhur and i can basically wipe enemy teams down on my own with techniques i perfected, not to mention now Nemesis i've gotten a pure mastery because no one seems to know how to counter her after weeks and a new god arriving lol.

Majestic_Jackal

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FerrumSlash » March 17, 2014 2:35am | Report
It happens. I met this Neith who auto-locked and got NO idea how to play the game, and she kept ksing with her ulti. And after she's done feeding the enemy, then she starts a surrender vote.

"Best" game ever.

FerrumSlash
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Majestic_Jackal » March 17, 2014 10:55am | Report
FerrumSlash wrote:

It happens. I met this Neith who auto-locked and got NO idea how to play the game, and she kept ksing with her ulti. And after she's done feeding the enemy, then she starts a surrender vote.

"Best" game ever.

Yeah, so many people do that it's annoying, sorry about delayed posts, I recently got a thread locked down, didn't know Smite Fire was Soviet Russia >.>

Majestic_Jackal

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }