Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

TEAM WORK IS GETTING REALLY BAD THESE DAYS

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » TEAM WORK IS GETTING REALLY BAD THESE DAYS 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » December 11, 2012 3:24am | Report
I'm not gonna say that I'm somehow powerfull or Pro or master of this game. No Im not... So I dont wanna play smart or insult or anything in this post Im just trying to share something from personal experience since Im now lvl 30 and play Smite nearly from the begining of Beta testing.

The response for the bad teamwork is quite simple and can be explained in one sentence: EVERYONE WANTS TO KILL!!!
yes that's right you heard me everyone became greedy ( at least vast majority of players I encauntered) in the desire to carry the game themselves. Someone thought hes way to good and can carry the game without assistance of players. Let me get more clear than this:

For example it pisses me very much when I see Odin build full AD. He's tank right ? So his job supposed to be something else not to kill. Same thing with Ymir (tank) build AP (magic) and go - lets get some killing done... and in that situiation wht should I do with Artemis for example or Cupid or Anhur - probably to build defence and tank for Odin LOL

Anyway that chaotic mess becomes more catastrophic in ranked games. In qonquest you can face pros and you can face idiots its true and that depends on draft. In ranked with my score (around 690) I encaunter almost double (1000 +) ratings. In one of those ranked games I got very mad and was in tepmtation to break my keyboard in half. So we were laned me and Odin- I was Artemis. He started to pile up heavy dammage and as usual I did too. And its true we nail our lane with heavy dammage few times but the thing that pissed me very much is he did few Ks- es when I released boar on the enemy. Than we started to get ganked (our enemy lane probably called help). Since Odin didnt had any protection (he didnt even bought reinforced boots) 2 fighters usualy double teamed him , or sometimes Anubis/fighter combo and the result was - he either jumps to escape or dies quickly leaving me flat footed in both cases. The more dire situation was when we switched into team fight (with killing splitted about 4-5 to each one of us) there was overfed enemy Kali on the other side and guess what-she raped us both. I dont wanna even start explaining how we lost that match ...

One more bad thing is team fights... Every team has one sneaky Anubis (or most of them) and they pray the Jesus lord that mighty anubis will mumify someone so they can go and KS. No one wants to initiate the fight even if they're tanks they just wait someone else to do it or god knows wht they're waiting. Someone will call that strategy I will freely call that cowardly tactic. Im no stranger in ganking 5 men in team fight. But when I can go behind them + use my strongest powers instant just to split them and carve the hole I fly Into RAGE when other 4 players dont push the front side and just watching me getting pounded by the gang of 5. Its just drives me crazy and I will freely say that kind of players are COWARDS!
I want to win by team play , I dont wanna do solo or wait for someone else to do the dirty work for me. Thats way Im not saving my ult till the last moment when enemy drops to 20% oh health and then fire it just to get the kill. I got 23 assists with Ymir - We WOn , I got 19 assists with Odin - we won , I got 14 assists even with Bastet and we won... If you think Im lying I can post the screenshots. Im basically not greedy person I just want to have a teamwork not a ONE MAN ARMY TACTIC and that guy can say after game: HEY NOOBS I CARRIED YOU ALL THE GAME HAHAH I GOT YOU WIN HAHAH IM THE GREATEST HAHA I WON WITH THE FEEDING TEAM ETC... if you ask me that kind of player deserves to be left alone when he gets ganked by 2 -3 players so that he can fly down to the ground and realise that hes being overconfident idiot who thinks he owns the game (and no im not jealous btw of someone's success I just dont like greedy people ) and trust me when I tell you that kind of players are many - if not they are turning greed as we speak.
So if you want to win specially on ranked dont get greedy. I encauntered many of them who just go for the kills they dont care to protect, follow or assist the fellow team mate. When you play more active you will see wht was I talking about ...

nightmare1985

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tukuto » December 11, 2012 3:44am | Report
yes i have encountered people like, (i only read till like the 2nd paragraph, and then scanned the rest) but i make sure i do not kill steal, if i see that someones killing an enemy, and hes nearly dead, i make sure to reduce the enemies HP to make sure we get the kill, and then the team member gets it done, (hoping ofc he was planning to kill his target) i have used ymir and built full AP, but i found him less effective, he might have been able to deal much more dmg, but i never was able to stay alive long enough to ult (ofc if did i would usaully KO almost all squishy targets) but i think hes a tank for a reason and thats why his ult deals so much damage so you can frostbreath, wall and then ult, because ymirs ult is his primary damage maker.
(sorry if i have bad grammar LOLZ)
[/img]

Tukuto

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 11, 2012 5:56am | Report
Here we go another rage thread by you...

Okey I'm going to break it down to you once again:
First off AP Ymir is a legit build and it works now so long as you go tanky AP and by that I mean your build should look something like Reinforced Boots Voidstone/Wall of Absolution (depending on who is the carry or who is fed but you should get em both) Warlock Sash as your 3/4 item Rod of Tahuti 5/6 item + more defense. And you will be quite tanky and you will also be able to dish out insane amounts of damage.

Second while Odin is very good late game tank his early and mid games are pretty terrible going tank but if you go AD Odin then he will be ok early game good mid game and if you played him well and didn't feed you will be a monster late game so that's pretty much why people play him AD.

Now onto the your problem with people playing solo well that's the only way you get to win ranked these dark days the problem is that you can not rely on your team to do good or even be on the same page as you with out you all being on some kid of communication software like skype teamspeek mumble ect... That's why when you go into ranked games you have to assume that you will have to carry the team that you will have to ward ect I'm not saying that this is good or that it should be this way it just is and you should not expect anything else playing in low elo games once you get to 3k+ maybe it will change but I have my suspitions that it will not.

And finally on to the last two things:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS KILL STEAL GET THIS INTO YOUR SKULL!(unless someone ults a very very low hp enemy) You can never be certain that you or your teammate will be able to finish off a person just because there are so many variables and so many ways your target might get away that it is stupid being mad about it. It is way better that your team gets a kill rather then getting someone low and letting them go.

And if you are doing great in your lane you should expect to get ganked that's why at around 10+minutes you should start buying wars and warding the jungle so you could escape those ganks because you can not rely on your team to call mias every time period. (And this doesn't change no matter how high your elo is you have to be aware of the map and use wards).

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tukuto » December 11, 2012 6:45am | Report
LevasK wrote:

Here we go another rage thread by you...

Okey I'm going to break it down to you once again:
First off AP Ymir is a legit build and it works now so long as you go tanky AP and by that I mean your build should look something like Reinforced Boots Voidstone/Wall of Absolution (depending on who is the carry or who is fed but you should get em both) Warlock Sash as your 3/4 item Rod of Tahuti 5/6 item + more defense. And you will be quite tanky and you will also be able to dish out insane amounts of damage.

Second while Odin is very good late game tank his early and mid games are pretty terrible going tank but if you go AD Odin then he will be ok early game good mid game and if you played him well and didn't feed you will be a monster late game so that's pretty much why people play him AD.

Now onto the your problem with people playing solo well that's the only way you get to win ranked these dark days the problem is that you can not rely on your team to do good or even be on the same page as you with out you all being on some kid of communication software like skype teamspeek mumble ect... That's why when you go into ranked games you have to assume that you will have to carry the team that you will have to ward ect I'm not saying that this is good or that it should be this way it just is and you should not expect anything else playing in low elo games once you get to 3k+ maybe it will change but I have my suspitions that it will not.

And finally on to the last two things:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS KILL STEAL GET THIS INTO YOUR SKULL!(unless someone ults a very very low hp enemy) You can never be certain that you or your teammate will be able to finish off a person just because there are so many variables and so many ways your target might get away that it is stupid being mad about it. It is way better that your team gets a kill rather then getting someone low and letting them go.

And if you are doing great in your lane you should expect to get ganked that's why at around 10+minutes you should start buying wars and warding the jungle so you could escape those ganks because you can not rely on your team to call mias every time period. (And this doesn't change no matter how high your elo is you have to be aware of the map and use wards).

??? what do yuu mean theres no such thing as a kill steal ??? i dont understand what yuu are on about LOLZ
[/img]

Tukuto

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 11, 2012 7:20am | Report
LevasK wrote:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS KILL STEAL GET THIS INTO YOUR SKULL!

Yesterday I tried to kill an afk Hel, and already decreased her HP to like 10% and all over sudden Kali decides to get off the last hit. THATS a killsteal.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 11, 2012 7:27am | Report
Silv3rX- Maybe she was baiting you and was about to burst you down and Kali saved you :p (I don't think he was talking about AFK people also if she was afk you were killing her at fountain and that's just bm man)

Tukuto- I mean that almost no kill is a certain kill and then someone helps you and last hits you it is a kill secure not a kill steal.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tukuto » December 11, 2012 7:30am | Report
hmmm...so i should just say when im accused of KS that there is no such thing of a KS? ^O^
[/img]

Tukuto

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 11, 2012 7:33am | Report
Tukuto wrote:

hmmm...so i should just say when im accused of KS that there is no such thing of a KS? ^O^

Yup unless you did something like ult a god near your tower with 10% HP while your teammate is 50%+ that might be considered kill steal

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » December 11, 2012 7:34am | Report
LevasK wrote:

Silv3rX- Maybe she was baiting you and was about to burst you down and Kali saved you :p (I don't think he was talking about AFK people also if she was afk you were killing her at fountain and that's just bm man)

She was B-Afk (Backing and then going to the desktop).
She didn't notice that she didn't back, so..
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tukuto » December 11, 2012 7:56am | Report
LevasK wrote:

Yup unless you did something like ult a god near your tower with 10% HP while your teammate is 50%+ that might be considered kill steal

what if you wait till a team member gets an enemy to low hp and you pop a skill in to get the kill?
[/img]

Tukuto

View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }