Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SWC Discussion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » SWC Discussion 26 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » January 9, 2015 1:05pm | Report

The SWC can be viewed here.

So, the SWC started and 4 matches already ended with COGR, Sk, Titan and of course COG Prime winning against their Chinese/ South America competitors as expected.

What do you think of the matches so far. How will it go from this point on?

I'm not a stream/ pro scene follower so I can't really get in depth on any of the teams/players. From what I've seen so far and in game (I've played with and against COG several times), my bet is on Prime followed by Red and Sk on 3rd.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » January 9, 2015 3:32pm | Report
My prediction as of now is Cog Red 1st, SK 2nd, Titan 3rd. Never been a fan of Prime, idk why.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » January 9, 2015 5:52pm | Report
I'm surprised both by how explosive OMG was at the start, and how quickly they fell off. IMO when they had the 6k gold lead they should have just pulled anhur out of the lane and grouped mid to push.

When I saw the pick/ban phase, I knew if kali got rolling it was over, which is what happened, but I was honestly really believing OMG was going to pull through with the win.

Otherwise the rest of the results I cannot say I was totally surprised by.

(Also am I the only person who, for some reason, feels like there's a smite world championship like every couple months? lol)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » January 10, 2015 4:48am | Report
When OMG's Cap. was explaining his whole meta of counterjungling, it was actually very intriguing and I am honestly pumped to see them in their next game.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » January 11, 2015 12:55pm | Report
Now that it's all to the finals, I think (and hope for the sake of the gems I'm about to win if so) COGP is going to win it all. I was surprised Titan made it this far though.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » January 11, 2015 2:14pm | Report
The throw!

Titan won with distance! Still in the battle!

But Cog still will get this

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » January 12, 2015 12:14am | Report
Aaaand they won it. How did they even won 2 matches, COG must've thrown hard. I wasn't able to watch them since I was away.

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » January 12, 2015 12:31am | Report
Spoilers for finals. If you have not watched the final games don't read it unless you don't mind getting spoiled.

Spoiler: Click to view

Also I am looking forward to season 2 of Smite. Not only because there will be new teams like Trig eSports, but because I want to see some BIG changes to the game. And hopefully some optimization changes.

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » January 12, 2015 1:21am | Report
Titan was absolutely wrecking in this tournament and especially in the finals. That Arespick was legendary and it pretty sure was the first time ever in competitiv that there was an Ares-ban on the last game! Big respect to Kaynelife here!
I cheered for titan as well, I never saw a more intense game than prime vs titan. Although I wished titan should have won this I'm glad for Coq prime.

But guys, eyes on China! That Anubis-play from Night in the Zimpstar vs Allied match. Outstanding! In 2 years china will be dominating the tournament!!

But I still hope this won't **** up league too bad. Everybody will think they are barraccuda and go for AMC. Night on Anubis. KayneLife on Ares. The comeback of Ymir through SK and Titan. I'm looking forward what the swc will change in the meta! (And how the meta will adapt to the new conquest map system!

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » January 12, 2015 1:24am | Report
Romanians wrote:

Aaaand they won it. How did they even won 2 matches, COG must've thrown hard. I wasn't able to watch them since I was away.

Coq (officially confirmed from MLCStealth) only lost 2 games because of KayneLifes Ares-pick! Else it would've been a 3-0 for sure!

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }