Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Surrender time limit.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Surrender time limit. 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BluePenguinz » May 18, 2013 9:43pm | Report
I don't know about you guys, but i hate when we are just hitting level 10 and the enemy team surrenders. With these new worshiper things, this is now keeping us from something, rather than being a mere annoyance like before. Do you think there should be a time limit to surrendering?

I was thinking you cannot start a surrender vote until 30 min into the game. Something like that.

BluePenguinz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » May 18, 2013 10:01pm | Report
There is surrender time, but it is 10 minutes

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BluePenguinz » May 18, 2013 10:21pm | Report
Didnt know that. I was thinking it could be longer maybe.

BluePenguinz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 19, 2013 2:34am | Report
If they made ti longer, more people would desert games, as good will isn't worth much
Click on my signature to go to my guide!

Other guides:
Fenrir :D

Click on this text to get a signature similar to this one!

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HollowsEdge » May 19, 2013 4:00am | Report
yehh i'm over people surrendering as soon as things don't feel like they are going their way!
it really sucks when you're just behind the enemy but you can catch up if you play smart, but as soon as some players drop a few deaths they just want to give up and start the next match....

i swear the majority of my losses have been from surrenders :(

HollowsEdge

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 19, 2013 5:36am | Report
Ya, its because no one want to put the effort to try their best to get back up there. You would have to farm up, not get ganked, have good positioning, vision over main objectives, good initiation in team fights and the whole team has to play safe. If one person isn't trying his hardest, then the whole team will fall. With this mentality, people start realising that there will always be one that will not do the work, and it would be better to surrender. In the situation where you are losing, it is the team that carries the individual not the individual carries the team, as they are higher level with more skills, team co-ordination is so important. The chances you will have is minimal, but getting abilities like hog to steal their objective and kill them, or lure them to steal the object, killing them in the end, smart play like these are the only way for a team which is losing to come back up. Just watch pro teams that are behind, they try their best to get a good team fight to their advantage.

Other guides:

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » May 20, 2013 6:57pm | Report
As someone mentioned earlier, the recent addition of worshippers has only made surrenders more common.

The worshipper system needs some work, at least give us like one or two for a loss if you stick it through to the end.

With the way it is currently set up, who wants to play a 30-minute game that was already lost from the start when you get absolutely nothing for toughing it out? Trolls, maybe, but anyone else would want to quickly admit their loss and move on to the next game rather than have to draw out the inevitable.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by coldhotshot » May 21, 2013 1:40am | Report
I do! I love playing games that end in me losing. The team shouts at me for not playing well enough and all I do is go to the hospital and ask for back pain cream. Absolutely love it!

In all honesty, I let the other team play it out, even if we are losing because sometimes, they deserve the win. But if all of us are just feeding +10 deaths then ya surrendering is a good option.

Other guides:

coldhotshot

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » May 22, 2013 12:49am | Report
Lately since I've bought the god pack I have noticed an INSANE amount of people surrendering when I play with certain gods.

When I play vulcan on conquest almost 90% of the time the other team will surrender or the one guy in the lane with me on the other team will quit because they rage over vulcan's turrets I guess and not being able to kill me.

Its seriously annoying, not once, not twice, not three times but it just keeps going on and on.
Sometimes I don't even want to pick vulcan because I know the other person in the lane will rage quit or they will surrender.

Then yesterday I had this freaking idiot sun wukong on my team, at the begging of the match he said that he will be back in 2 minutes he is resetting his modem.

Well it took him more like 15 minutes, when he came back and died he rage quit, saying he cannot play this game with his ping.

People in smite are sore losers and just plain losers period.

Play vulcan and build him with alot of magic damage, be super aggressive with his skills and watch how fast people surrender, its almost impossible for me to play a full match with vulcan.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }