Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Spear of the magus

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Spear of the magus 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 26, 2012 9:00pm | Report
So Spear of the Magus has become the single most important and first bought item to any magic god in the game. Level 2 it gives 20 FLAT magic pen, making it so that you are now only having 10 MR natural. The HP it gives is also VERY important in early game and allows you to take a hit or 2 more than normal and stay in that lane longer if need be.

The question is, will there be a physical item of the same? Tho natural MR is 30 and Phys is 10, do you guys think there will be an item like this for phys based gods, and will it be fair?

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by treefiddy350 » October 27, 2012 5:03am | Report
I never get this. I'm intimidated by the newer items. I like to stick with what I know. Doom orb all the way.

treefiddy350

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 27, 2012 12:49pm | Report
treefiddy350 wrote:

I never get this. I'm intimidated by the newer items. I like to stick with what I know. Doom orb all the way.

Well dont be! lol
Spear of the magus is the most broken first item buy for mages right now. Flat pen and HP with some magic power. Was actually so broken they upped the price, tho they never touched the price of the level 2 item...so everyone still buys it. Mistake on Hirez lol

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » October 28, 2012 1:33am | Report
To be honest I'm quite against this item I think it's way too good on burst damage mages (everyone except Ao and Ra) I mean Agni and He Bo used to do a sick amount of damage without it being almost true damage and now it's pretty crazy.

As for physical gods well they do have Death's Toll :D which gives you flat 15 penetration and 15 power and you can get it as your first item so in a sense they do have the same item only this one is ****tier. And as for the question of if they should get an item that's as good as spear of magus I think they really shouldn't most AD gods are very powerful as it is (Anhur,Cupid,Bastet) without them doing true damage...

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Westighouse » October 28, 2012 1:55am | Report
I can agree the item is a bit too good. They need to raise the level 2 slot up maybe 200g more to balance it out.
Right now a mage carry taking that early makes them very strong against those that didnt take it. The item even goes into late game when people dont build any MR at all, why sell it?

Westighouse

Renowned (102)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » October 28, 2012 6:38am | Report
I actually prefer getting Chrono's pendant on my Ra instead of magus as my first item purely for sustain and cd reduction which allows me to spam my spells like crazy. As for price bump they should do that in the next patch or at least I hope they do and why would anyone sell this item in late game when you can just add Void/Obsidian and your true damage is back again :D

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CaptainGiggles » October 28, 2012 10:54am | Report
The item is, I think, too good. You're almost doing it automatically wrong when you're not buying this item on magic users. Needs to be adjusted, but I don't think it should be more expensive. It'll probably lose its usefulness that way. I think it should be a sidegrade starter item for mages.

CaptainGiggles

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » October 28, 2012 12:14pm | Report
Quoted:

The item is, I think, too good. You're almost doing it automatically wrong when you're not buying this item on magic users. Needs to be adjusted, but I don't think it should be more expensive. It'll probably lose its usefulness that way. I think it should be a sidegrade starter item for mages.

Can you explain what do you mean sidegrade starter item?

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CaptainGiggles » October 28, 2012 12:54pm | Report
LevasK wrote:

Can you explain what do you mean sidegrade starter item?

As in an item that people can use while also having other good options. Not necessarily better than other starters, but different. It makes people have more choice over the items they want to use, and make them develop their own style and builds.

CaptainGiggles

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by flyrom99 » October 30, 2012 12:16pm | Report
I think on some gods you can get doom orb or boots if you would like, but spear is still really good even after the price increase. I don't think they will make a physical damage version of this item because fighters are already pretty strong early game if they get a damage item so it isn't really needed.
If I helped you in anyway by outting suggestions for your guide or making a signature for you could you please rep me.

flyrom99

Remarkable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }