Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Something Concerns Me About The Upcoming Asian Server of Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Something Concerns Me About The Upcoming Asian Server of Smite 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by cheezcarls » August 26, 2013 9:12pm | Report
As I have read the news about Hi-Rez's partnership with Tencent, there is something that really concerns me a lot. As Tencent may soon launch the closed beta of their Asian version of Smite (and may continue to spread to other countries), do you think Asians like me may be blocked from now on to play on NA and EU servers (just like League of Legends blocking Asians from playing in NA and EU servers)? And this of course, may forced us to create a new account and start over?

I would really like to remain with NA and EU servers, even though I am Asian. Hopefully they won't block us once Tencent launches their own Asian version of Smite.

cheezcarls

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » August 26, 2013 9:23pm | Report
I don't think that they will deny Asian players the ability to play on NA and EU servers, that just wouldn't make sense.

What they WILL do, however, is give the option to either play on a Chinese server, or primarily English-based servers. So, if you can read Chinese and speak English as you obviously can, then you have the freedom to play on both servers.

If they DO choose to close the NA/EU servers to Asian players, than I would be concerned.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » August 26, 2013 11:20pm | Report
They never IP blocked in League of Legends, I know of EU and CN players who played in NA occasionally just to be with their friends overseas.

I also predict Chinese SMITE will most likely use it's own client and server IP settings to avoid issues with the language barrier here.

I don't see a reason why there would be an IP block in SMITE over something like this, considering we already have selectable NA/EU servers here, although the game has a bad tendency to dump you in the other server despite your choice.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 28, 2013 12:51am | Report
I just hope they put in region lock (at least for ranked), guessing asian server would be pretty game braking for me at least (NA server is bad enough). :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 28, 2013 1:24am | Report

I just hope they put in region lock (at least for ranked), guessing asian server would be pretty game braking for me at least (NA server is bad enough). :P

^^^dat i would love.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » August 28, 2013 1:52am | Report
All4Games wrote:

^^^dat i would love.

The asian servers will be completely separate from the other servers.
The asian version of smite will not have people playing that version (being promoted by tencent) against people on NA and EU.

This will result, however, in professional teams coming from China to compete at tournaments and things, which is a great thing for the game!

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 28, 2013 1:56am | Report
RevanClaw wrote:

The asian servers will be completely separate from the other servers.
The asian version of smite will not have people playing that version (being promoted by tencent) against people on NA and EU.

This will result, however, in professional teams coming from China to compete at tournaments and things, which is a great thing for the game!

yeah i know but i mean the region locking is something i wouldn't mind.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 28, 2013 6:52am | Report
It just sucks to lose games because your whole team got 3 times the ping they are used to :p

Not saying it is impossible to win on NA, for EU players etc. But it is quite annoying to have to compensate for the lag (especially for melee gods).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }