Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite PTS Instructions and Limitations

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Smite PTS Instructions and Limitations 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » May 6, 2014 12:45pm | Report
As quoted from our friendly neighborhood Drybear:

The Public Test Server (PTS) is used for testing major patches prior to their release to the "official/live" Smite installation. The servers are available for use only at specific times when testing is required.

This post discusses key things you should in order to participate in testing on the PTS Server, including information on how to install the PTS Client.

LIMITATIONS AND THINGS TO KNOW

EVERYONE SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE LIMITATIONS PRIOR TO PARTICIPATING:

1) In order to participate in the PTS, you must download a completely new game client. When the "real" patch is delivered, you will still need to download the new patch.

2) At times, only PRACTICE queues are available. The limited queue availability is for two reasons:
a) We do not have significant server capacity currently assigned to this test. So we do not have the ability to run a lot of matches.
b) We do not expect a large test population (tell your friends!). This could affect ability to get timely matches.

3) The Gems/XP/Favor/Level/Everything for your player record will reflect what your player record was approximately 1 week ago (this is when the test database was mirrored). In some tests, we will also give gems to all accounts on the PTS Server only (these do not carry over to live). Don't freak about this. Your live account is unaffected!

4) Also note that rewards (XP, Favor, Worshippers, etc) that are earned on the PTS server do not carry over to live. The two environments are not connected.

5) Note that if you try to buy gems while on this test environment, it will let you, but the gems will be applied to your LIVE account, not to this test account. So you will not see the gems in the test environment, but you will get them when you log back into the regular SMITE.

6) If you have previously downloaded the Public Test Client for Smite (many months ago), you may have to do special steps:
-- Open your Smite Public Test Launcher
-- Hit Options
-- HIT TROUBLESHOOTING AND DIAGNOSTICS
-- In the INSTALLED GAMES list, select SMITE PUBLIC TEST and then hit the REINSTALL button.

INSTRUCTIONS

INSTRUCTIONS TO PARTICIPATE:

1) Download the Public Test Installer from this link: http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?7952-PTS-Intructions-and-Limitations

2) This should download a new PTS version of the game and put an icon on your desktop labeled SMITE PUBLIC TEST. You must use this icon to launch the test client (not your normal Smite launcher).

3) You will need to install pre-requisites for the game.

4) Launch the client and login with your normal SMITE login credentials.

5) Have fun!

6) Please post in this thread with any issues you may have found. I will personally put them on the SMITE-Game PTS sub-forum.

You can follow HiRezStew on Twitter for updates.

Please enjoy helping Hi-Rez test the game!

pls + Rep pls.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » May 14, 2014 9:49pm | Report

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » May 23, 2014 9:36am | Report
Bumped again since the server is now live to allow you to try out Janus, also the link doesn't work on this thread but the one in the official Smite forum dose.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » May 30, 2014 12:51am | Report
Thanks, I replaced it with the original forum link to ensure no confusion.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firen » October 1, 2014 5:17pm | Report
when i try to enter the public test server it just gives me a message saying: WAARNING: Version Missmatch!
Can someone tell me how to fix that plz :)

Firen

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 1, 2014 6:21pm | Report
Firen wrote:

when i try to enter the public test server it just gives me a message saying: WAARNING: Version Missmatch!
Can someone tell me how to fix that plz :)

I happened to get the same error but the Sylvanus patch is live and PTS should be down anyway now.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VGamer2000 » August 24, 2016 5:34pm | Report
Hey, I have a very big problem, I need to use the PTS but When I try to download it only says "Smite Public Test is waiting for download" I really need help.

Thanks!

VGamer2000

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » August 24, 2016 6:14pm | Report
VGamer2000 wrote:

Hey, I have a very big problem, I need to use the PTS but When I try to download it only says "Smite Public Test is waiting for download" I really need help.

Thanks!

It's a known bug, happens every now and then. they usually fix it later.
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }