Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite Numbers Spreadsheet

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Smite Numbers Spreadsheet 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 29, 2014 5:18am | Report
Hi everyone,

I've been working on a little spreadsheet. The goal is to give some formulas and numbers about Smite that people can access and use to enhance their gameplay.

Many people claim that Smite is simple, and I think it can be played that way. But how many of us do things like, keep track of ult timers? Although this has totally NOTHING to do with my worksheet, I think it does give an example of how the game can be raised to a more elevated way that can give you the jump on others.

The two "formulas" I have in this spreadsheet do not in any way give you an advantage over other teams, however they do give you a perspective on how your team is stacking up against your adversary at any given moment.

Shareable link (Not pretty version, but you can add comments): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qZHJF-fMg_ma_WukYT7EtuSOjiNmb5wlscBBhbX-ZXk/edit?usp=sharing

Published link (Somewhat prettier, maybe? I don't know..) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qZHJF-fMg_ma_WukYT7EtuSOjiNmb5wlscBBhbX-ZXk/pubhtml

Please give me feedback, because I do have some other ideas for other pages.

UPDATE:

I hid the page involving 'worth' percentages. In it's place, I have a percentage bonus calculator, showing exactly how different stats affect your bonuses. Currently, I have:

Ethereal Staff
Rod of Tahuti
Trans/Book
Brawler's/Divine Ruin
Soul Reaver
Odysseus' Bow
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » November 29, 2014 7:20am | Report
Interesting, I'm gonna go into some games and test your spreadsheet, but looks pretty accurate to me overall.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 29, 2014 8:24am | Report
I find it kinda really opinion-based, I don't know you can put numbers to the value of a role. But I do consider it odd to put supports at 30% of a team late game, above any other role. I know their CC is invaluable, but they're not the most important member of the team - your team can survive when they die through their power, but the support cannot stand alone without someone to support. More often than not, the support actually willingly dies in place of an ally.

Still, I like the idea of more spreadsheet-based things here. I know I just don't have the mental fortitude and dedication to make things like this, as I couldn't possibly put enough effort into making sure all my numbers and formulas are airtight, but I'd be happy to see things like this around.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 29, 2014 8:44am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I find it kinda really opinion-based, I don't know you can put numbers to the value of a role. But I do consider it odd to put supports at 30% of a team late game, above any other role. I know their CC is invaluable, but they're not the most important member of the team - your team can survive when they die through their power, but the support cannot stand alone without someone to support. More often than not, the support actually willingly dies in place of an ally.

Still, I like the idea of more spreadsheet-based things here. I know I just don't have the mental fortitude and dedication to make things like this, as I couldn't possibly put enough effort into making sure all my numbers and formulas are airtight, but I'd be happy to see things like this around.

The formula for the Item Levels Per Person is entirely accurate, I'm sure of it. As for the percentages, you're absolutely right, it's opinion based. However, I put support as 30% just because, like I said, he usually carries HOG 3, making him extremely important for getting Fire Gian, and just the fact that I think that late game is centered around two main things: Teamfights and Objectives, and I think those are the two areas where support truly shines. However, it's still something I'm working on, so, thanks for the input.

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 29, 2014 6:18pm | Report
1: Ult timers and other things are a given. Keeping track of numbers internally is the most basic of the basic in MOBAs.

2: I'm not sure if I like the percentage things. There's no formula or anything. And I think its a gross oversimplification of a role.

Like, supports. Early game, they need to feed kills to the ADC. However, the problem is that the support cannot ever shove kills into their ADCs mouths. In fact, through my extensive experience, the support is little more than an initiator or meat wall, and it is the ADC who always does most of the work. If the ADC cannot get kills early game, they are bad - see every other ADC except Rama/Ullr/Neith/Apollo.

Aside from that, what does the support do? They initiate OR peel, never both because 18 sec cooldowns in a 2 second period of engages. They be a warm body while their cooldowns recharge. They take mid camps. They secure buffs.

Personally, I think supports, generally speaking, are rather useless compared to everyone else. ADCs like Apollo can roam and support and snag kills even better than you can, on top of dealing more damage. Mid laners and junglers are more responsible for taking mid camps than you are. Securing objectives is shared with the jungler, since more and more are taking HoG 3 instead. They're really meant to be initiators first and supports second - the top tanks are all initiators who go in and CC as many people as possible.

Just having CC isn't enough, especially when a lot of gods match or even exceed your CC. It seems that gimmicks are all that are keeping tanks afloat. Teleporting, healing, cleansing, shielding, suppressing, etc. I can see this in tournament matches, as well, just as an FYI. Support goes in, stuff happens, support flails wildly.

tl;dr: Support is outclassed in own role in every job it has, except in initiation and gimmicks, and therefore has very little impact on the game as a whole. In addition, thanks to all the ******** in the way, like having terrible base stats, ****ty itemization, early minions, being outclassed in CC, etc, playing support is like stabbing rust splinters into your eyeballs.

(Also, this if off topic, but looking at tournament matches, I think they're silly. It just reinforces my opinion of Smite not having much depth, when I see commentators talking about Tyr peeling for himself, when he can't. Or when I see the most ******ed plays, like Tyr ulting into four members of the enemy team with no follow up. Or how these so-called high level plays can be done in bronze ranked, like how people blink in for unavoidable CC, or die or beads to unavoidable CC, or the millions of wombo combos. Etc.)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 30, 2014 4:49am | Report
You're right in that they're main 'thing' is their gimmicks, but I think they're gimmicks are the thing that makes them unique, and extremely powerful.

Like I said, these gimmicks are all designed toward the teamfight, which is what I consider late-game to be.

I mean, if you look at all the supports:

Ares: Large protection boost, AE CC ult (Yeah he sucks, but it's something)
Athena: 2 sec taunt, damage mitigation ult with large AE damage
Bacchus: 3 AE CC's with healing reduction
Cabrakan: Passive damage reduction, 1 single target CC, 2 AE CC's, and one wall
Hades: 2 sec silence/fear, AE CC ult
Khumba: 1.5 sec root, 3 sec mez, 2.2 sec suppress with damage
Sobek: Pull, AE slow ult, healing reduction
Sylvanus: Passive root, 1.25 sec root, pull with 1 sec stun, Large AE knockup with damage, AE heal
Ymir: 1 wall, AE slows, AE stuns

I feel strongly about supports, and I think that some of the things mentioned above are very important in the teamfight. In a game with an absolutely massive amount of CC, having a support alive on your team while theirs is dead could be the difference between winning or losing the teamfight.

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 30, 2014 5:41am | Report
Well, yeah, of course supports still make a difference. I said little impact, not no impact. And yeah, the gimmicks have to be powerful to keep them relevant.

The problem is that some gimmicks aren't really effective in teamfights, turning them into CC bots.

Cabrakan's thing is literally worthless, both his wall and his passive. The wall is absurdly telegraphed and delayed, and his passive makes no difference in any stage of the game. 5% is so low, that Mercury's 1500 damage crit deals 75 less damage. I repeat: late game, one of the strongest damaging hits in the game loses only 75 damage. It's still a 2 hit kill from Merc. At best, you live through one autoattack, early game only.

Athena's gimmick is her global presence, not in a teamfight, technically. It's not her damage or damage reduction, but how she can turn a 2v2 at the mid camps into a 3v2, or recall and return refreshed, or assisting in multiple fights from across the map. I mean, her taunt is strong and all, but without her teleport, she's basically a ****tier version of Geb.

Khumba's gimmick is just how much CC he has and how it breaks the 2 second standard CC limit, forcing the enemy to beads a ******** Mez. THAT is a teamfight gimmick. Although, it's not really a gimmick, he's just a better CC bot than other tanks.

Sylvanus' gimmick isn't really his healing. I mean, it's heals alright early game, but late game, not so much. His main gimmick is having ranged CC, and a Geb ult slapped on top.

Like, even Geb's gimmick isn't that strong in a teamfight. His cleansing only works on one CC in a game where everyone has CC and everyone is there. His biggest tactical advantage is his early-mid game. He has almost Athena's mobility, but has a cleanse which is insane for 2v2s, on top of having the stun initiation of death. Seriously, Geb's problem isn't his teamfight, considering that most supports already have the Blink-Ult-CC-initiation of death, but his early game. You simply cannot gank a lane with Geb in it; or at least, you can't focus the ADC. Early game, he's the one single tank who can truly carry, late game, he's just an ult bot, with his shield numbers falling off and the cleansing naturally being less useful.

I still think that late game support tanks - CC bots, in other words - still have a place; they aren't replaceable by a bruiser, for example; it's just that the role itself sucks balls, and that their focus on gimmicks actually hurts their late game usefulness. So in short, their gimmicks make them playable early-mid game and they're CC bots late game.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » November 30, 2014 10:48am | Report
You're absolutely right, and I agree, it's just, well, since the percentages are not based on a formula, it's basically numbers pulled outta my ***. Just remember that 30% isn't truly that much, it's still less than half, and two of any other role late game (not jungler) will still be worth 10% more than a support.

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }