Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

smite merchandise

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » smite merchandise 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 27, 2014 11:19am | Report
Recently, i came across a site where smite art was being sold as portraits at bargain rates. The strange thing is i felt like buying them. If smite officially start to sell merchandise globally which wont be a tough or expensive thing to do it would be nice for us fanatics of the game and for the popularity of the game in general. The merchandise can strictly restrict itself to game artwork and wall portraits or can target younger people too.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by muas » January 27, 2014 11:23am | Report
It will probably come when it is no longer in beta so after march 25th expect something (not an official announcement of merchandise)
SMFG officer

muas

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by pieface » January 27, 2014 11:42am | Report
I would like to have Vamana's umbrella. Because normal umbrellas are too mainstream.
#Jävla

pieface

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 27, 2014 5:56pm | Report
I'm not sure if selling Smite artwork without actually being HiRez or having access to the copyright is legal, lol.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 27, 2014 6:26pm | Report
Check this out dont know if its illegal or not

selling smite art
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NoMoreHope » January 27, 2014 6:28pm | Report
arka222 wrote:

Recently, i came across a site where smite art was being sold as portraits at bargain rates. The strange thing is i felt like buying them. If smite officially start to sell merchandise globally which wont be a tough or expensive thing to do it would be nice for us fanatics of the game and for the popularity of the game in general. The merchandise can strictly restrict itself to game artwork and wall portraits or can target younger people too.

I updated the Ao one hit ulti build check it out :)
I'm a fool don't believe anything I have to say!

NoMoreHope

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » January 27, 2014 7:04pm | Report
An authentic Bacchus Jug maybe? I'd buy that.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 27, 2014 7:30pm | Report
There r a lot of cool things they can sell as merchandise: lets say a paper weight of twitchy ymir hand like there in my display pic.
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » January 27, 2014 8:19pm | Report
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure if that's even legal for him to be selling art clearly depicting characters from a copyrighted game. Under intellectual property laws, he could be sued for using characters/images that don't belong to him. If he were just giving them out or showing them, it would be different, but since he's obviously selling them for a profit, then it gets iffy. Of course, there's the whole deal with "artistic license", but there are so many gray areas that it's hard to tell.

That said, I'm sure HiRez wouldn't mind him doing it, but he could be held accountable if he doesn't let them know and one day they find out that someone has made a boatload of money selling posters for a game he's not even involved with.

He should get into contact with them, I bet they'd even be glad to pay him a commission to artwork for them.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MythOfMercury » January 27, 2014 8:42pm | Report
Smite mouse! With 4 extra buttons on the side and Smite design.
Smite... the graphic novel!

MythOfMercury

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }