Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Runes and masteries?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Runes and masteries? 17 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UssjTrunks » February 8, 2013 7:26am | Report
This is the reason why I never could get into LoL. I hate the idea of people having better stats because they have more time to play a game. Everyone should be on equal footing in a competitive online game.

Imagine what would happen to a game like SC2 or Counter-Strike if they implemented **** like this. I honestly wonder how LoL ever made it into an e-sport.

UssjTrunks

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UssjTrunks » February 8, 2013 7:28am | Report
Allerum wrote:

I think that if the game is going to be at the level of $ Million dollar matches it has to get more complex. If its too simple pro gamers wont touch it.

Despite lacking complexity in this regard, SMITE makes up for it by being an action-RPG. This factor requires an extra level of player skill that games like LoL and DOTA don't have. In your standard action-RTS game, you don't need to manage both character movement and skill keybinds with the same hand, you don't need to turn to look behind you, you don't need to aim your skills, etc.

Runes and masteries just promote grind, they don't add any value to the gameplay IMO.

UssjTrunks

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by icy133 » February 8, 2013 8:56am | Report
I like how every player and god is equal in skills, but its the the players skills that depict the game. I dont think and increases to gods skills are a good idea, i want everything to be equal exept for the players strategy
Ice, my favorite element, and looks pretty cool

icy133

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thanax » February 15, 2013 10:10am | Report
Whoa, I'm saying that once you hit 30 you can only apply ONE, don't call me a Jackass for simply stating a good idea. One of those at level 30 could only modify your game slightly, and making them flat values only affects your early game a LITTLE. HiRez would definitely balance them out beforehand I'm sure. The only reason I say it's a good idea is for the same reason that LoL has it, just extremely toned down. You can get like +20 AD in LoL but like +10 early in Smite is like nothing, maybe a teensy bit of extra damage and you can apply it before a match starts. It would be a more strategic placement, as well as adding more of a chance for people to test new things. Each person would pay 3000 Favor for any one of them. They could be OP, but Hi-Rez has to decide that.
Check out my guide on Bakasura,

Bakasura, Eating the Competition

Here's my BBCode General post:

BBCode General

Thanax

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » February 16, 2013 3:20am | Report
I quit LoL mainly due to hitting level 20 and being thrown into games where people have full pages of runes and masteries. It is a frustrating experience, where the game transitions from team strategy and skill into "LOLOLLLOLOL I HAZ RUNES SO I ONESHOT STUFF, GT ON MY LEVL"
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sycthrex » February 18, 2013 2:37am | Report
I agree with the majority of people here in the fact that i prefer having no Masteries or Runes, simply because of a few factors;

- Makes the game more of a grind
- Matchmaking can place you against players with full Rune Pages
- the potential of making Gods 'broken'.

But at the same time, 6,8,10 months down the line it could be TOO simple BUT i do feel it is aimed more towards skilled players and teamwork rather than hoping someone on your team has perfect masteries and runes to compliment their God.
Xbalanque Newbie Guide

Feel i helped? remember to +rep

Sycthrex

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Emitrist » February 21, 2013 10:13pm | Report
It would ruin the game. Maybe SOME perks for the levels you get that you have to spend wisely, like a watered-down talent tree would work slightly well. Nothing that changes the pace of the game so dramatically like LoL.
BAKASURA - DEATH MACHINE

Emitrist

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }