Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Rewind takes too long to activate!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Rewind takes too long to activate! 29 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 17, 2013 12:36am | Report
From what I can see, Rewind, Chronos's Ult, has two purposes:

1. To save your *** from death.

2. To be strategically used in a fight.

The latter is easy, but the former is too damn difficult to do because the ******* Ult takes too long to activate.

I do not understand why Chronos needs to curl up into a ball to go back 8 seconds. The Ult takes a good 1.5-2 seconds to fully activate, and in that time EVERY SINGLE ****ING ADC in the game can take you down. EVERY BURST MAGE can take you down.

For Number 1, it is completely worthless. You cannot use that Ultimate to save you even in a 1v1, because it takes so long to activate that you will die before you can go back 8 seconds.

In my opinion, it is an underpowered Ult. I honestly believe that the animation should be changed so that it activates earlier.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » September 17, 2013 1:27am | Report
In all honesty, I find Chronos badly designed in general. I'd like to elaborate, but I don't have much time. To put it simple:

-Not much temafight presence
-An attack speed boost for a mage (definitely odd)
-2 damaging abilities that are rather hard to land; no reliable damage.
-And of course, an underwhelming ultimate.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kripox » September 17, 2013 1:38am | Report
Don't really agree with either of you.

@JararoNatsu

While I have had my fair share of deaths due to slow activation I still don't think the ult is underpowered. It is a huge ***-saver if you just activate it quickly enough, and it can also be used just after a fight to make yourself ready for more enemies right away. I have made a habit of activating it half a sec sooner than I think I really need it and it works well most of the time.

Conversely, if it was instant you could probably escape too easily. I wouldn't particularly mind seeing a slightly reduced cooldown, but Chronos is already so powerful I don't think he needs more than a very minor buff.

@HiFromBuddha

I don't find Chronos to lack teamfight presence really. I'd put him on par with your average ADC. Sure, he lacks the huge AOE burst of many other mages, but he has very mean basics, tons of speed, a fairly large AOE slow-to-stun that can easily be landed if you get close with that great speed of yours and a ground target nuke that I find to be easier to hit than people give it credit for. With Chronos I tend to throw in my abilities until the biggest source of burst on the enemy team is down, then I commit fully. Tends to work, especially as I can ult out if things go south.

As for the attack speed, I find it fairly cool. It's good to see some variation among the mages.

Kripox

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 17, 2013 3:27am | Report
Yeah chronos is a bit to much of a troll god. You won't kill him 2v1 mid/late game and he will defently kill both of you but it takes a while whch he has because no one will escape him ever.

I dislike chrosos because of the fact that he has only 2 counters.

Poke and the all god counter cc. Seriously choros takes no skill close to nubis level but just in a different way.
If i get caught out or mess up his ult is the ultimate get out of jail free card. Freya can't get very far, loki trows his ult away for it and won't get a stun of to insta burst. Serously chronos ult is the pinicle of troll ult. Even apollo has a longer build up.

He is the sole reason that magical basics are even in the game. I really dislike chronos bu he isn't in my top 3 just yet.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 17, 2013 5:00am | Report
I like to think chronos as a zeus. Both can handle a 2v1. But chronos is a bit op in speed. once fully leveled you dont have much chance of escape unless you have sprint or blink
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Repsol-The-First » September 17, 2013 5:16am | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:
-Not much temafight presence

Wrong.

Stop Time gives him great team fight presence. He can effectively determine the outcome of a team fight. If you hit Stop Time on multiple enemies, your team will automatically have an advantage, then there's the fact you can get yourself focused only to pop Rewind + Stop Time.

Enemies spend too much trying to kill Chronos, leading them to their deaths by your team.

Quoted:
-An attack speed boost for a mage (definitely odd)

What's wrong with that? Chronos is like Freya -- he auto-attacks. That's why most of his common builds are based around attack speed. Polynomicon, Fatalis, Demonic Grip.

Also, this shouldn't really be a problem if he excels because of it. I slaughter stomp with AS Chronos.

Quoted:
-2 damaging abilities that are rather hard to land; no reliable damage.

What the ****?

1. Stop Time is ridiculously easy to hit. It's like, stupid easy. The area it covers and distance it goes is enormous.

2. Once hitting Stop Time, you shouldn't miss Time Rift, unless you've got your eyes closed.

3. Stop Time has 80% scaling with a base damage of 240 at max level, and Time Rift has 85% scaling with a base damage of 260 at max level. They hit hard.

Quoted:
-And of course, an underwhelming ultimate.

I actually lol'd

Underwhelming? Why? Because it doesn't one-shot anybody? It's far from underwhelming. It practically grants Chronos a second life, if anything it's too strong. With Accelerates MS boost, it's hard enough as it is to hit Chronos, but to actually work hard enough to get him down only for him to get all his health back is just depressing as hell.

Repsol-The-First

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 17, 2013 5:22am | Report
His ulti is easy to use if you ***es the situation.
1. Don't use it when your in a middle of a fight with like your hp at the red. Use it when it's at yellow or at least when your at a good distance away from your enemy.
2. If you are sure your about to die in a gank especially at full health. Just ulti. Cus when everyone tries to attack you while your in your casting state you'd survive till you hit red or yellow then go back to full health with a chronos troll face lol

Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Repsol-The-First » September 17, 2013 5:27am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

His ulti is easy to use if you ***es the situation.
1. Don't use it when your in a middle of a fight with like your hp at the red. Use it when it's at yellow or at least when your at a good distance away from your enemy.
2. If you are sure your about to die in a gank especially at full health. Just ulti. Cus when everyone tries to attack you while your in your casting state you'd survive till you hit red or yellow then go back to full health with a chronos troll face lol

This.

People wait way too long to activate it expecting to get some invuln buff or something.

Of course you're gonna get stoned to death during the animation if you're at 10% health.

Repsol-The-First

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 17, 2013 7:58am | Report
My problem, is that even if I activate it at full health some Gods can burst my ENTIRE HEALTH BAR before Rewind begins to take effect.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » September 17, 2013 8:01am | Report
Well then. Don't go after them lol XD Or, Let them chase you then ulti after 8 seconds. Then you'll be way far and you can escape easily. Especially since ur skills are reset

A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }