Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Reinvent Domination

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Reinvent Domination 10 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Should domination mode be a major part of smite
yes
no
Lets develop it to compete with the conquest mode
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 10, 2014 2:32am | Report
As definitely a team game, few changes that could be made to domination of the future:

- Graphic makeover is must, old river-sand environment need to be refreshed like conquest&
assault.
- In addition to a sentinel, its a good idea to keep a "Well of Divinity" (which the sentinel
protects) in each lane and it shall boost the team who has it.
- Increase the ticket count from 400 to like 600 as tat would make players reach level 20 and
buy all 6 items.
- Enhancements must be made to encourage teamwork more rather than individual brilliance.

A dom map idea:

Few game mechanics the map would bring:

1. Each team practically starts with 1 sentinel up.
2. Each team would try to capture two sentinels while pushing for or defending the well.
3. Bcz of 5 structures lot of possibility to steal a tower from the enemy.
4. Whoevr takes control of the well is likely to get all 3 mid lane towers,then the other team
can initiate attack from side lanes converging to the mid lane.
5. Very difficult to defend a tower for long periods.
6. Teams more likely to use portals and wards as they make sense.
7. Respawn time shall be kept minimum to hav more action in the game.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 10, 2014 2:48am | Report
Number 3 isn't necessary, since number one is essentially it anyway.

Voted #3.

And a lot of people, me included, thinkt hat Dom's visual themes were brilliant. I mean, they still look great, even after the revamped Conquest and Arena.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 10, 2014 3:02am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Number 3 isn't necessary, since number one is essentially it anyway.

Voted #3.

And a lot of people, me included, thinkt hat Dom's visual themes were brilliant. I mean, they still look great, even after the revamped Conquest and Arena.

Agree that visual themes were brilliant already but on account of lack of popularity it deserves a grand relaunch!...and new players can learn teamwork in a better way from domination
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » January 10, 2014 3:06am | Report
Domination's biggest problem was probably the respawn timer. It was way too random and I've had times where dying could be only a 20 second respawn, or 50 seconds when we were 100 tickets ahead.

It needed some form of a comeback mechanic to prevent complete 400-0 stomps, and that wasn't really the way to go about it.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 10, 2014 3:08am | Report
I don't think there is a "better" way to learn teamwork. Arena teaches you about teamfights and splitting priorities, and Conquest teaches you about overall awareness and group work, not necessarily about teamfights.

Dom is/was about rotation and pressuring.

Honestly, the game mode had its problems, and that was mainly because there was no "high level play" like for Conquest or Arena. I believe that such skill in the game actually existed, but due to lack of interest, no one really knew how, or at least never taught it to the rest of us. I think the problem has mainly been the lack of interest.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » January 10, 2014 3:28am | Report
I think the tickets count should be according to the number of obelisks you hold instead of zero when you control only 1.
And yes, the respawn timers were a bit off, but dom was very enjoyable for me. I was actually going to make a guide about domination but since they took it down...

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » January 10, 2014 3:44am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I don't think there is a "better" way to learn teamwork. Arena teaches you about teamfights and splitting priorities, and Conquest teaches you about overall awareness and group work, not necessarily about teamfights.

Dom is/was about rotation and pressuring.

Honestly, the game mode had its problems, and that was mainly because there was no "high level play" like for Conquest or Arena. I believe that such skill in the game actually existed, but due to lack of interest, no one really knew how, or at least never taught it to the rest of us. I think the problem has mainly been the lack of interest.

Its fascinating to have a rigorous fundamental discussion over any aspect of smite, all bcz of

how awesome the game is!..wish to highlight two areas:

why dom received lack of interest:

- always one team member trying to capture a tower on his own, not attacking in group or
defending
- once two or three towers are gone, the losing team starts to feel they r not gonna win as
ticket count falls rapidly.

new players and teamwork:

- new players inherently try to be too defensive or too heroic...in dom one has to seek and provide support from/to the other players to win..

- For a new player conquest is a challenge, they often avoid playing assuming there r wolves around and their is huge chance of surrender and them being bad and bullied, those players can experiment in domination(less chance of early surrender)
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » January 10, 2014 6:32am | Report
Well, winning Domination really came down to figuring out your enemy team's strategy.

For example, if the enemy team is turtling, you need to go on an all-out offensive. Don't even bother defending until you've gotten a second Obelisk, because your enemies will likely be too concerned with holding their two (they only need to hold two to win anyays).

It also helped to always attacking the obelisk that was least defended (unless the respawn timer makes a 3-cap possible after a deicide). Less time spent fighting the enemy meant more attention to capturing the objective.

Conversely, while on the defense, you should've always had a roamer/jungler patrolling the area between obelisks to make it easier to defend the two points. If you only concentrated most of your team in one spot, you were leaving another area defenseless. It should be made clear that by LV15, many gods were capable of soloing sand guardians with ease. Arachne, Xbalanque, Nu Wa, anyone that can put out the DPS or mitigate the damage could do it easy even without minion support.

A lot of players never really bothered to figure out how to win, and would instead keep doing the same boneheaded charges at mid or whatever. The more you feed your opponents due to failed offensives, the more difficult it becomes to make any kind of comeback.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » January 10, 2014 10:46am | Report
I can't post a solution.

But I played 2 dom matches (my first since ~8 months) and I instantly remembered why I was staying the heck out of there.
I wanted to play as a team, but my team was split, not waiting for me, doing stupiud incs, attacking the enemies instead of the obelisk at first mob spawn....

Missing dom basics, missing teamplaybasics, missing... BASICS.

That's why I quit (in Assault I can carry a whole frewakin game alone, in dom you can't even carry with 2 good people...

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghenra » January 11, 2014 3:04pm | Report
arka222 wrote:

A dom map idea:

OMG! Fully agree!

Ghenra

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }