Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Recommended Gods for God Killing?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Recommended Gods for God Killing? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » September 5, 2013 12:15pm | Report
I won't say I'm the kinda person that likes to rush recklessly into risky situations to ensure I score kills, but I find that I best fit the role of simply killing gods. I cannot jungle because I don't know the gist of it, my fear of failure makes me too fearful of dying so I also cannot tank. Assassins are good (hell, I like Ne Zha because he's also a carry), but I need a god thats more designed to kill other gods with little to no other role.

You'd think since I've played LoL long before Smite, that I would have this knowledge already. Unfortunately I do not (unless Master Yi and Tryndamere counted), and I'm still trying to familiarize myself with a god that best fits my playstyle. I always played Thor to deal damage and score kills more than 'bruising' (Legit question, but what IS a bruiser supposed to do? I sometimes hear tanking and dealing small amounts of damage), and he's also my only god I have a mastery level of 3, but apparently it seems I'm not supposed to play him like a physical damage carry.

So, yeah. You guys have played this game longer than I have, and also have more experience in all the gods where I do not. I'm looking for a god best designed to kill gods and nothing more. Less tanking, less jungling, just more straight up killing.

I could also stick to Thor. Is Neith a good start? Should I look more at the carries?
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bronysios » September 5, 2013 12:27pm | Report
Loki, Fenrir, Arachne, Xbalanque, bakusara just to name a few

Bronysios

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » September 5, 2013 12:29pm | Report
bruisers are supposed to deal damage by pysical abilities and bully people out of their lane by constant poke. if they don't back they die. well that if in lane or jungle and give the lane kills while killing.

mages are probebly the gods who can kill other damage dealing gods because they have burst and AoE.

in the ranged carry role you have 2 classes. supporting ranged carry and damage dealing ranged carry.

anhur is the only ranged carry that is in the damage dealing class and picked up often for competitive play. only because he has that wall AoE slow with damage buff, add a possible stun hard damage straigt shot nuke.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 5, 2013 1:22pm | Report
Gods to simply kill?
Loki, Fenrir, Freya, He Bo, Neith are good starts, as they all do decent damage, have utility, and simply kill gods.

A bruiser is halfway between a carry and a tank. They are the only melees who can stay in combat and still do damage, whereas tanks don't do damage and assassins can't stay in combat. You build things like Jotunn's Wrath, Voidblade, Frostbound Hammer, and Ankh of the Golem compared to things like Deathbringer or the lot.

My suggestion for you is 100% go Loki. He is literally only supposed to kill. I'd suggest playing arena more than conquest if that's how you like to play.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pizzarugi » September 5, 2013 1:41pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Gods to simply kill?
Loki, Fenrir, Freya, He Bo, Neith are good starts, as they all do decent damage, have utility, and simply kill gods.

A bruiser is halfway between a carry and a tank. They are the only melees who can stay in combat and still do damage, whereas tanks don't do damage and assassins can't stay in combat. You build things like Jotunn's Wrath, Voidblade, Frostbound Hammer, and Ankh of the Golem compared to things like Deathbringer or the lot.

My suggestion for you is 100% go Loki. He is literally only supposed to kill. I'd suggest playing arena more than conquest if that's how you like to play.

Then, technically, wouldn't building Thor like a carry be viable?
IGN: Pizzarugi (Add me if you like joust, assault, siege or arena)
Total Diamonds: 9 (Latest: Ymir, Cabrakan, Bellona)
Favorite Gods: Ah Muzen Cab, Bastet, Loki
Favorite Roles: Carry, Assassin
Least Favorite Roles: Tank

Looking to be great at laning as Ah Muzen Cab? Check out this guide! It was the runner up for best hunter guide in the season 2 contest.

Pizzarugi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 5, 2013 1:53pm | Report
No, it's not viable. He's simply already got base numbers, and items do very little for him except for the utility that they offer. You get the slow from frostbound, the protections, the CD from jotunn's, the piercing from voidblade - the power is near negligible. You are meant to take damage on the frontline while still benefitting from your base damage. You're as useful without items as with items.

Carries, however, rely on items heavily as their base numbers aren't as good, and they're squishy.

You are melee, you build to take damage for your team and distract them while still doing damage, and letting your carries do damage. A carry is much better at being a carry than thor is.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » September 6, 2013 2:32am | Report
Assassins usually are the best killers , but they too have their flaws .You can't go in and try to kill somebody because all assassins are squishy and one crowd control is enough for you to get killed .

The best assassin in my opinion is Arachne (for arena - don't know about the rest) , just wait for an enemy to get some crowd control cast on him/her and use your ultimate (which has really low cooldown for an ultimate) , it pulls the enemy to you stunning the enemy for a bit , and , as Arachne says when casting her ultimate : "You're mine now!" .Sadly , Arachne has no escape , just her 3 which slows the enemy down a bit .

Loki is a very good assassin too and he's got two "escapes" no matter in which order you will use them .Either use your "Assassinate" to get the kill and then "Vanish" to get out , this is somehow risky in case a Chronos will cast his 3 after you or any other crowd control.Or you may vanish , kill and then use your ultimate/assassinate to get out . If the enemy team is grouped up it will be very difficult for a Loki to get kills .I get kills by Vanish/Kill/Ultimate to get out/Combat Blink when ultimate is down .

I'll also add Zeus here because thanks to him I managed to take down my "record" of 27 kills/arena match . Build him full damage based + magical power consumable + damage buff + 35% cooldown reduction and all enemies will run away from you . Zeus has got no escape , his 2 is just a speed buff when it comes to escaping , it's also usefull for chasing a fleeing enemy .You may try Zeus as he is in the rotation this week .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by EnjoiDank » September 8, 2013 12:42pm | Report
Jungling is the most god killing role.

But anyway if your just looking for gods to play. then try ne zha, arachne or fenrir
IGN: Dankus

EnjoiDank

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }