Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Realization.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Realization. 17 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 31, 2013 12:11pm | Report
Apollo - first ADC I played, hated him, never touched him again. Felt like he was based around basic attacks without doing much at all. Then I played the all random 100k gold in Conquest MOTD and had him, and 2v1'd a lane with a full build. I realized his potential with a full build. Was beautiful.

Otherwise, I haven't been proven wrong in the gods I thought were underpowered. Anyone who was, eventually got reworked or buffed.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 31, 2013 12:48pm | Report
Thor.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 31, 2013 1:45pm | Report
Vamana. After playing him a few times in Assault, I could barely ever get **** done with him. So, for a while, I could barely stand the sight of him. After switching up my build with him, though, the last few matches I've played as him in Assault, though, I've done actually pretty good. Can't say he's someone I look forward to playing as, but he's definitely starting to grow on me.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » January 6, 2014 10:39am | Report
Sainctus wrote:

Chronos

man..I can now mow down anyone except a loki with an utl, or a zeus with good aim/lucky shots lol.

Tip: Don't ever attack a Zeus when he puts his shield up. Since Chronos is relying on his basic attacks (at blisteringly fast speeds), you end up putting 3 charges on yourself. Zeus just pops 2, then waits, then hits 3, and Chronos asplodes. As soon as you see Zeus put his sheield up, stop auto attacking.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » January 6, 2014 10:43am | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

Vamana. After playing him a few times in Assault, I could barely ever get **** done with him. So, for a while, I could barely stand the sight of him. After switching up my build with him, though, the last few matches I've played as him in Assault, though, I've done actually pretty good. Can't say he's someone I look forward to playing as, but he's definitely starting to grow on me.

Vamana is my main solo lane in Ranked now. Since the meta has switched to physical bruisers in the solo lane, Vamana is a perfect counter. Buying the same items (Mystical Mark, Ankh), Vamana comes out on top of the damage race because of his passive. Plus he's got better wave clear than many of the others, and his ult/heal is as good if not better than SunWukong. Herc is a somewhat tough matchup as is Chaac (currently) but Tyr, Guan, SunWukong (who are the current first choices for solo) are all easy matchups for Vamana.

Against mages, you don't get as good of a bonus out of your passive, but bruiser vs mage is pretty solidly in the bruiser's favor until at least mid-game.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » January 6, 2014 11:46am | Report
Reverse problem with old, old Vulcan.

I remember once, when I was level ~9, I was midding as Neith (spammed that until level 15 to get out of the n00b player area, and now I never touch her, for obvious reasons. She's now my worst god, as well), and ended up facing a Vulcan. In my defence, he was probably a smurf, but he got my pheonix down within the 10 minute mark. No joke.

I was ranting about how OP he was to my then-level-29 friend, and he misheard me, and said, "yeah, I agree that he's underwowered." That really set me off. I spent the rest of the match screaming at him, with a sherlock-holmes-like logic string proving that he is, indeed, overpowered.

I can't remember that logic string for the life of me, btw.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » January 6, 2014 8:44pm | Report
Probably Sobek. When I played him at first, it was like 'great, I just lunged into the middle of the enemy team... now I'm gonna die, awesome.'

Once you understand that a full wave of enemy creeps = bad and have a good ADC who can land their stuff off a pull though, he's god tier for a reason.

Thor is on the list as well.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }