Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

RE:Should smite have an internal clock?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » RE:Should smite have an internal clock? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by H.A.K.U » April 12, 2016 8:22pm | Report
Hello everyone I am just a tad bit curious on your thoughts on a timer for matches because I've played smite and had games last over 60mins and sometimes hitting the 90s and I pretty much wanted to surrender the game or just plug. Just known I was In a game and it lasted 62.55mins and it was against a whole bunch of diamonds and I couldn't but utter to myself "jeez they really don't want to lose". Keep in mind I play SMITE on console so there is no ranked or anything of the sort but my god this got me thinking should smite have a timer? Like should the match just go to who ever dealt more damage to the titan or destroyed the majority of the enemies towers and phoenixes?
(Re-posted) Sorry I had a fluke thought I read "General discussions" but nope ended up posting in the most ironic of places "Rules and Guidelines".

Also I noticed did I post the last thread correctly or did someone move it? Doubt that someone moved it or locked it. Quickly someone make a thread about "Find out if you are blind or going full on dyslexic".

H.A.K.U

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » April 13, 2016 1:26am | Report
Hey btw, there is ranked on console, you just need to be level 30 with 15 individual God masteries to play in it...

And I know what you mean about matches going on for ages but I don't think there should be a time limit, as I don't feel you can determine the winner just based on objective damage. It's not over till the Titan is completely dead.

And generally once you're playing at level 30 and people have a much better idea of what they're doing matches don't usually last so long. One good teamfight after the 25 minute mark usually secures a win.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 13, 2016 2:49am | Report
Only 62.55 mins. Uhm that's pretty normal for a long game. I have hit a 70 min game once.

Also smite is normally pretty short at it as I have had Dota game running for 1:14 hours.
And in dota they easily hit at least 60 min in low elo.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }