Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ranked play stress.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Ranked play stress. 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AnthraxSmite » April 15, 2016 10:18am | Report
So ive been trying to work my way up in ranked play (on xbox) and it just seems impossible i seem to get matches with players who are just bad. They dont think about what theyre doing and feed like crazy. And they dont ban very well either. I play support mainly and it seems as though i have no impact because people wont let me initiate or frontline. I cant count how many junglers ive seen try and initiate. Even when we get in a party with each other they dont know how to work together at all. I was wondering if there is anything i could do to get out of gold to maybe play with people i feel are on par with me and hopefully better so i can get better. Also wondering if this is happening to anyone else? Thank you in advance.

AnthraxSmite

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 16, 2016 1:01am | Report
WAITWAITWAIT WAIT wait.

You're gold rank? Cause all this stuff sounds like Bronze (maybe also silver). Could be cause most console players aren't used to MOBA's like the PC is overrun with (most players there have played another moba)
(This part isn't meant to bash your play I'm a bit surprised to hear that those people are common in gold for console)

I would recommend picking a support with some more impact (read: damage). This allows you to carry a bit. if you don't like this you gotta look at someone who can end up carrying. then you will just try your hardest to keep that person alive in later stages in the game.

Can't really give you more tips as I don't know how bad it is.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » April 16, 2016 10:34am | Report
Devampi even diamond is full of rubbish players on Xbox.

I'm not ranked in Conquest yet but play a fair bit of joust, and to be honest the standard of players is hit and miss in every division. I'm mid-gold and I've played a fair few high diamond players (I've recognised their gamer tags from the ranked leaderboards) who were rubbish. It astounds me how they get so many wins and so few losses, with such lacklustre skills. That's not to say there are no good players, I've played plenty of great players, there's just loads of bad people across all divisions.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 16, 2016 12:43pm | Report
Damn. well let's have a minute of silence for all the brave xbox players that are good but need to play liek low division in their high divsion palyers

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » April 16, 2016 11:32pm | Report
To address the OP's question; I'd recommend shooting a message to any of the players you notice are playing smart, asking if they want to party up, after the match ends.
Good players always tend to want a good support in Conquest, rather then having a player who doesn't play support getting stuck with it after all roles are called, so you should have fairly good success in getting partied up with people (at least I did in season 2 playing conquest support).

You can take a party of up to 3 into ranked this season so having 2 good players in your party mwana you only have to chance it that 2 of your random team members will be pants , rather than 4. You'll also have a much better chance that your party will be in control of banning.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }