Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Only One Goes Into Diamond Arena

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Only One Goes Into Diamond Arena 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 5, 2014 12:57pm | Report
Guess they're not going to include the second spot - after all, second is top 25%, and only the top 20% move up.

I'm forty-four games behind one of them already, lol. Don't think I'm going to even try. I'll just make sure I don't move down and wait for a larger pool to ascend.

Edit: no relation to this post, but my power went out for literally half a second and shut off my computer, giving me deserter. -.- Like, even my alarm clock wasn't reset. The hell...

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 5, 2014 2:14pm | Report
I feel sorry for those at the very end, who play as many matches as possible to avoid being demoted. I think there should have been some kind of rule that prevents anyone in a tier with >50 people from being demoted.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » January 6, 2014 12:47pm | Report
Im sitting this one out because I just don't got time to play the number of games required. On top of that, I need to reevaluate my preferred support role since its basically impossible to advance in ranks while playing support. Too much 'luck of the team draw' is required. Support played as a support should be can't carry a game and if my team sucks its frustrating and over -_-

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 6, 2014 12:51pm | Report
Yeah, I have played Ymir in two league games since the start. They were the most painful experiences I have ever endured. :P

At least Hel can carry hard with competent teammates, but when you have Loki building Reinforced boots and 1v5'ing the enemy team, there's really not much you can do.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » January 6, 2014 12:56pm | Report
I lucked out on the first bronze and went like 10 wins and a few losses. This put me in silver. From there its been a nightmare. I can't seem to go over a 1:1 win/loss ration and its brutally mind numbing to realize you have to win 5 games in a row before you'll even advance rank. In the last league I just started going solo some to try and crawl out and decided it wasn't worth it due to the number of wins I needed.

Ive also come to realize if you don't start playing league right as it resets, don't bother. It seems like right out of the door you'll get decent teammates due to ELO reset. But if you wait a week before playing you'll be paired with ****py *** players (which is only an issue if you play...yup...support).

Either way, im taking this league off to finish my god masteries. Do you know, if I play zero games will it drop me or does it treat me as non-participant and leave me in the league im in?

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » January 6, 2014 10:24pm | Report
I know it demotes you if you don't qualify ten games (not necessarily wins), but I'm actually under the impression that it will demote you all the way to bronze. Don't quote me, though.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }