Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Odin Mid FTW!!! I'm shocked!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Odin Mid FTW!!! I'm shocked! 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mittfel » June 1, 2013 4:18pm | Report
This has been well known already, and is why Odin is viable in Joust (1v1). His 'leap in and spin' combo is what makes him viable and feared by others but can easily be avoided & countered by people with brain so it's probably not a very good idea to try it out in ranked.

mittfel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » June 1, 2013 4:39pm | Report
I used to run Odin in mid lane all the time, a while back. He has such awesome harass with his leap/spin that he can usually whittle down gods with no escape long enough to ult and cage them in.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » June 1, 2013 5:01pm | Report
Most mid mages lack an escape move (with the exception of Agni and Hades), so Odin's ultimate works well on them. All Odin needs to do is to be able to last until he gets it, at which point he can easily scare mages away from getting near him, and zone them out of experience.

Odin's only issue early-game is mana. Though you can probably just take Meditation and be set, since it also provides a heal later on.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nogglez » June 2, 2013 12:28am | Report
Sunfall wrote:

Most mid mages lack an escape move (with the exception of Agni and Hades), so Odin's ultimate works well on them. All Odin needs to do is to be able to last until he gets it, at which point he can easily scare mages away from getting near him, and zone them out of experience.

Odin's only issue early-game is mana. Though you can probably just take Meditation and be set, since it also provides a heal later on.

I actually have a really hard time zoning in mid lane, on the rare occasions that I get forced to go mid. With agni, I try to take out the archers each wave first, but the enemy mid usually starts harassing, and the archers nuke me if I try anything back. By mid game, I usually can bring it back at least.
Rep me up if I helped!

Nogglez

Established (19)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 2, 2013 5:36am | Report
Ya I only had a tough time in the early levels where I couldn't really clear waves as easy with his 3. After you get your 3 on par to clear some minions then odin can do work.

But yea he probably does well just because of what you said, they have no escapes which means when its ULTY TIME they are F'd.

The best part is even if they start pwning you inside your own ult you can just leap out of it and trap them in there.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }