Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

No More Hi-Rez Smite Forum!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » No More Hi-Rez Smite Forum! 26 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » August 7, 2013 6:46am | Report

I'm not going to link them here simply because I would rather ICEN not be a part of it (no offense)

Don't worry ICEN, he probably meant no offense to other Smitefire users, offence to you probably was meant!! =)

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 7, 2013 6:54am | Report
I don't get it

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » August 7, 2013 7:37am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

I don't get it

They have removed the Official Smite forums!!

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 7, 2013 7:45am | Report
Its cool I'm still The Greatest!

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » August 7, 2013 7:47am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Its cool I'm still The Greatest!

You mean [VEG]!!!

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » August 7, 2013 8:31am | Report
Feel free to PM me the things you wish to say. I'm not "mad brah," and I won't be offended. It's really just your style of posting that I don't want to see on the main forums, though I don't mind reading it occasionally here. I realize what I said has no affect on whether or not you post there.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 7, 2013 8:53am | Report
I'm not going to PM you that is sick.

We all know PM stands for "Private Message"

No you don't get it do you?

"Private Message"

No you bleep I will not give you a "Private Message"

You came out da closet I see because you clearly said, and I QUOTE :

"Feel free to PM me"

No I will not Private "Message" you.

You get it now, if not someone will eventually.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » August 7, 2013 2:12pm | Report
I'm guessing it's wordplay on massage? Sure, I'll take a massage. Sounds relaxing.

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Androme » August 8, 2013 9:38pm | Report
So which SMITE forum is the most active one now? This one?

Androme

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Karmashock » August 10, 2013 9:06pm | Report
Truth: The forums turned on them and rather then dealing with their users rationally they decided to stick their fingers in their ears and sing.

They have repeatedly done idiotic things. Balance. Game changes. Match making idiocy. They have repeatedly not tested things AT ALL before releasing them and then are SHOCKED both that there are problems and that users are offended by the sloppy unprofessional manner of the release.

I think the most hilarious example was when they made the map change that altered the tower ranges... and hirez bart on live stream was asked to attack a tower with a ranged god... and he only then noticed that they could hit the tower without entering the tower's range. That is almost literally the first thing you check when you make a change to tower range. But hirez didn't check it at all. It didn't even occur to them. It took a comment in the stream to get him to check... at which point they said "oops". That's not okay. That's incompetence. And its happened repeatedly.

Probably the most irritating symptom of the issue has been the garbage balance. The buffs, nerfs, god designs, etc show now systematic understanding of the game mechanics. Everything appears to be random. As if gods are designed by putting a bunch of variables into a big top hat then having a guy pull random cards out of the hat. I won't even go into it all. Its too stupid.

Don't get me wrong. I love smite... or possibly loved smite. I just wish hirez weren't making it. They've f'ed it up horribly. I sort of feel the same way about Bethesda and fallout 3. Those familiar with the franchise will know what I'm talking about. New Vegas was a radical improvement largely because Bethesda didn't have anything to do with writing the story, characters, or the "game" besides the engine which is hilarious the worst thing about that game.

In any case... I see this whole thing as checkmate. I'm a well known character on the smite forums. Over 3000 posts. And recently I've been unapologetically critical of the company and their relations with the community. Well, here you have it, chaps. They did it.

I'll still play the game now and again... mostly smurfing to avoid the horrific match making... or more correctly to ensure it doesn't queue me against a 5 queue of try hards while I'm soloing with mouth breathing ***hats. But the game is basically dead to me at this point.

Checked into the smite forum for a laugh while something was in the oven and didn't see the forum... came looking for answers... found this thread. Had a laugh. You know a company has ego issues when their response to any criticism is clapping their hands over their ears and humming. Is what it is.

Karmashock

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }