Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

No Love for Xbalanque

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » No Love for Xbalanque 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 26, 2013 9:25pm | Report
Why is it that nobody really picks Xbalanque anymore?

I don't know why but deep down in my subconscious brain I always secretly liked something about Xbalanaque, maybe the way he moves or looks no ****.

So I decided to start playing him for fun. I played like a match and did decent, then I tried to play another match but I got super suck because I was eating to much pizza hut and hat to quit out.

But I just got done playing a match and went 7-0. Once I got fed like 1 or 2 kills I swear I felt like I could just demolish anyone in a few seconds. I started to feel sad I was killing them so fast. Somehow I had a odin junlger who went 13-0 as well so I was like wtf you been junlging this whole time???

Anyways I rarely see Xbalanque picked much why is that? His ult is global and his passive is good for getting fed. He has AOE on two of his skills wonder why they don't love him as much as other gods.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 26, 2013 9:44pm | Report
Because his passive very quickly caps and is useless late game, his abilities outside his auto attack enhancer are more for positioning than anything else, and his ult is very easy to avoid by smart people. He has no CC outside his ult (compared to apollo, anhur, or neith, the 3 best in the ranged carry bracket) and with badly scaling abilities, won't win trades. He literally would only win if both ranged carries traded auto attacks.

Neith brings amazing cc, self sustain, an amazing escape, and a global gank-setup/kill-secure ult. Apollo brings an amazing steroid passive, a nice linear nuke, a positioning ability with built in CC, an AoE CC, and a global ult with nice damage tied to it. Finally, anhur brings a passive that enables him to win any 1v1 with lane matchups, a positioning ability that knocks up, an impale which stuns and knocksback (good for escaping, or with pillar good for engaging), a pillar which is effectively a slow and attack damage steroid, and an ult with one of the highest DPS in the game.

All in all, xbal just doesn't bring what the rest have to the table, with 0 cc, a mediocre passive, and overall meh abilities. His rising jaguar is his only saving grace, with immunity and a nice jump, but even so, won't win him a teamfight in itself. The best part about anhur/neith/apollo is their linear high damaging abilities (Neith and Apollo which hit all in a line, Anhur which hits the first and then knocks back), which Xbal doesn't have. Xbal and Artemis are the only two without this type of ability in their class.

Xbal is only better than artemis because he has an escape ability, and only better than cupid because of his attack steroid/passive and natural stats. This is why he's 4th out of the 6 ranged carries.

TL;DR - he's average, and not 'bad', just Neith/Apollo/Anhur can do his job *better*
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 26, 2013 10:43pm | Report
I agree with raven, i just played xbal in 3vs3 joust with one teammate DC. I (xbal) dominate early-mid game. But, after that i lost because Ao's and this happened because he got no good cc (although at the end i got 20-7.

My opinion is that, we need more carry

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 26, 2013 10:46pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

I agree with raven, i just played xbal in 3vs3 joust with one teammate DC. I (xbal) dominate early-mid game. But, after that i lost because Ao's and this happened because he got no good cc (although at the end i got 20-7.

My opinion is that, we need more carry

Completely agree. Right now we have 6 carries: Neith, Apollo, Anhur, Xbalanque, Artemis, and Cupid, and cupid is practically more of a support in lane game with his heal, cc, and ult. Consider Chang'e what you want, but I consider her a support-mage, if not full mage, with chronos as the mage before that. Then we have Athena (Tank), Hun Batz rework (assassin), Isis (mage), Fenrir (bruiser or assassin), Ne Zha (Assassin), then FINALLY apollo as a ranged carry. We haven't had a carry in forever, and it's time for a new one, in addition to a new, full bruiser.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 27, 2013 3:23am | Report
Xbal is a lot of fun and im debating with my self If I like him or anhur more but xbal has a probleme which keeps him from top Pick's.

He has about the same amount of cc as Apollo but more damage in every fase of the game If he gets a few kills.
Xbal is the defenitive snowball god more than any other god just because of his passive.

He does a lot more damage than neith but has a lot less cc. He does a lot more damage than apollo and has about the same amount of cc but has less use in the field and has less presence and because of the FoW his ult got a bit of a nerf.

And anhur is anhur and that is all I have to say.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » July 27, 2013 3:49am | Report
This may sound weird but for some reason I been pwning today with Xbl, **** I think I might have even been doing better than when I play with mah anhur sometimes!

I literally have been getting matches where I went like 7-0 and I think a hour or two ago I went like 13-0 in arena or something near that. I think I went negative like one match maybe two whenever I started picking him like 9 hours ago. But ever since I been going super positive with him.

Pretty much what you said, I dominate early-mid and if I can't stop them from reaching late game they start to catch up and I can have a hard time.

But I find half of the games I play I dominate so hard with him that they just surrender.
I start off with his 2 fist and it gets so many kills just by itself.

I love it when i use my 2 then run away and see that it they died when I didn't plan on killing them but my poison did anyways lol.

I don't know why but I might start picking him more than anhur because I been just doing too good every match and I never play him.

Only problem is late game but early-mid I am pooping on their toes I don't care man!!!

That 2 + 3 to strong early.

I find most people must not take Xbl serious early game because I just run up to them at level 2 and use the combo and it seems as if the idiots expect me not to do it???

They catch on after they see half their hp get taken down though.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 27, 2013 4:27am | Report
Xbalanque is pretty good IMO, but you need a team for him to shine. Now that jungling is a big thing his ultimate is the perfect initiation to help the jungler when he is ganking a lane.

I'm at least going to test him out a lot when I get back from vacation :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }