Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New ideas for S4? (+Poll)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New ideas for S4? (+Poll) 23 posts - page 1 of 3

Poll Question:

Do you enjoy S3 so far?
Yes
It's lacking some new mechanics/features
No
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » February 21, 2016 3:21pm | Report
Alright, most of you are looking at this & you're like "It's still pretty early in S3". Mhm, although I'd like to introduce a variety of new ideas for the next season.

Leave feedback on what ideas of mine you like & tell me if you have any ideas for Season 4! I'm starting this thread in the beginning of Season 3 to see what it's lacking & what other players want to see next season. So the discussion begins cx

I. Conquest

- Mid Harps changed to Snakes/stealth camps (Gives you invisibility for 7s + enemy team can't hear your abilities/movement/etc for 15s)

- Old HOG (Bring back old HOG)

- Conquest map skins (Same map; although it'll look different in design. Top ELO can pick which recolor he wants during causal/ranked matches.)

- Solo & Duo Harps changed to Windfury Harps (Your basic attack will process x2 damage + 25% damage on abilities for 8s - 15s)

- Boars replaced with a Toad (If you kill the Toad it'll give you more HP5/MP5 for 45s + automatically regenerate 35% of your missing health)

- Fire Demons (Gives you a speed buff & atk speed buff/time can stack three times/25 seconds per fire demon)

- Mana/Power/Bandit camps are now a tad tankier although do less damage

- Cerberus (5 minutes into the game Cerberus spawns instead of the Fire Giant. If you kill this creature it'll grant your team an experience buff/experience over time & a mini fire giant buff for 75s)

- Siege Camps (Located behind the gold fury & behind the fire giant/new openings. Basically, if you kill a Siege Camp it'll make all your minions/creeps stronger for 1 wave (weaker than fire minions tho) & it'll send a Siege down one of the ones that're x3 weaker than the Siege in Siege.)

- Fire Giant (Fire Giant now spawns 15-20 minutes into the game/replaces Cerberus)

- You don't lose more tp when you lose as Order anymore

Questions?

"What's the point of mid stealth camps" -- Glad you asked! Early game you can easily kill the mid stealth camps & then invade the other blue if you're quick enough.

"What's the point of creating 2 Siege camps" -- It'll get the whole team to ward certain areas/different angles & not just the gold fury/fire giant/etc. They'll think more carefully where they place wards due to this new factor.)

"Why are the Boars replaced with a damn Toad?" -- It's because the Boars are just annoying & provide **** experience/gold for the pain you're enduring early game. Having a toad that gives you regeneration over time will give the solo laner more sustain & the adc on duo will have more sustain/better pushing/more rotations/etc

"Aren't the mana/power camps tanky enough?" - If the junglur goes to mid snakes/takes them out with his solo laner than he'll be invisible/get an early gank on the other junglur/solo laner. It's a pretty good idea if I do say so myself.

Z's Daily Message - Not the Bees

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 21, 2016 11:44pm | Report
Zelvios wrote:

I. Conquest

- Mid Harps changed to Snakes/stealth camps (Gives you invisibility for 7s + enemy team can't hear your abilities/movement/etc for 15s)

- Old HOG (Bring back old HOG)

- Conquest map skins (Same map; although it'll look different in design. Top ELO can pick which recolor he wants during causal/ranked matches.)

- Solo & Duo Harps changed to Windfury Harps (Your basic attack will process x2 damage + 25% damage on abilities for 8s - 15s)

- Boars replaced with a Toad (If you kill the Toad it'll give you more HP5/MP5 for 45s + automatically regenerate 35% of your missing health)

- Fire Demons (Gives you a speed buff & atk speed buff/time can stack three times/25 seconds per fire demon)

- Mana/Power/Bandit camps are now a tad tankier although do less damage

- Cerberus (5 minutes into the game Cerberus spawns instead of the Fire Giant. If you kill this creature it'll grant your team an experience buff/experience over time & a mini fire giant buff for 75s)

- Siege Camps (Located behind the gold fury & behind the fire giant/new openings. Basically, if you kill a Siege Camp it'll make all your minions/creeps stronger for 1 wave (weaker than fire minions tho) & it'll send a Siege down one of the ones that're x3 weaker than the Siege in Siege.)

- Fire Giant (Fire Giant now spawns 15-20 minutes into the game/replaces Cerberus)

- You don't lose more tp when you lose as Order anymore

1. Just no Stealth is one of the most broken mechanics in the game. And in that way it doesn't have any counterplay ( Loki's stealth is at least a bit hearable but also is considered to not have any counterplay.
This is just gonna be a pain for the mid player getting ganked without knowing it (or knowing it but doesn't know when)

2. This will bring back 3 people wearing it probably :/

3. I would use the Dota system for this (letting al people choose a skin for themselves only) instead of letting 1 person in the game choose the skin.

4. Gonna be broken as **** lategame on adc, being able to literally one shot people with a lucky basic

5&6&7. Indifferent about this

8. Something like LoL Rift Herald

9. Just no for the 3x weaker siege creep (which is still strong) this just doesn't fit conquest at all. The thing what would be better is to give 1 person this buff and let friendly creeps in their area get stronger for X seconds

10. Is that a thing XD

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » February 22, 2016 4:35am | Report
Devampi wrote:

1. Just no Stealth is one of the most broken mechanics in the game. And in that way it doesn't have any counterplay ( Loki's stealth is at least a bit hearable but also is considered to not have any counterplay.
This is just gonna be a pain for the mid player getting ganked without knowing it (or knowing it but doesn't know when)

2. This will bring back 3 people wearing it probably :/

3. I would use the Dota system for this (letting al people choose a skin for themselves only) instead of letting 1 person in the game choose the skin.

4. Gonna be broken as **** lategame on adc, being able to literally one shot people with a lucky basic

5&6&7. Indifferent about this

8. Something like LoL Rift Herald

9. Just no for the 3x weaker siege creep (which is still strong) this just doesn't fit conquest at all. The thing what would be better is to give 1 person this buff and let friendly creeps in their area get stronger for X seconds

10. Is that a thing XD

Stealth camps would be far from broken considering it only gives you 7s of invisibility. (It's mostly for early invades) How about once you attack the enemy you're revealed? The Toad can be nerfed/it's just a quick thought & I got the Siege idea from HOTS. By the way, I'll add more ideas as time goes by this year. So feel free to express your ideas on this thread as well.

Also, it's been confirmed when you're on Order you lose more tp. (It's weird though true)

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 22, 2016 11:41pm | Report
Wait you were thinking about not getting revealed after hitting an enemy. That means a free kills on the closest lane.

I thought you were thinking about something like Loki Vanish stealth (without DoT) that reveals you after dealing damage.

it's almost twice as long as Vanish can't be heard using abilities and when dealing damage you will still stay invis for the remaining time after dealing damage. (original intend as in the 1st post)

I get why it's 7s as it takes a bit longer to get to the enemy junglev or lane however the problem here is just how uncounterable stealth is. Only towers have True vision and you won't be walking through towers with it unless chasing deep.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » February 23, 2016 8:47am | Report
Why not make the stealth work sort of like Riki's from DOTA, have the invisibility work for a short duration but if you hit an enemy you are reveled but would go back to being invisible when out of combat for another couple of seconds like how blink works when you take or deal damage.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by iReauxbot » February 23, 2016 10:42am | Report
Damage resistance buff maybe? About time we get something for our supports. Or a vision buff. Vision buff may sound stupidesign but I'm just chucking ideas. Maybe see through the jungle better or something of the sort. Also minion changes and tower alterations. Tower buffs :of
Stupid ideas :/

iReauxbot

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » February 23, 2016 11:25am | Report
iReauxbot wrote:

Damage resistance buff maybe? About time we get something for our supports. Or a vision buff. Vision buff may sound stupidesign but I'm just chucking ideas. Maybe see through the jungle better or something of the sort. Also minion changes and tower alterations. Tower buffs :of
Stupid ideas :/

Possibly, tower upgrades/armor payouts during the game? We're on some sort of track here.

Edit: Damage upgrades as well? Late game towers & most objectives are pretty useless since your tank can easily tank all the damage. (especially if you have a warrior solo lane)

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 24, 2016 11:01am | Report
the survivability doesn't need to be changed that much IMO.

the damage is a big problem. I'm sort of used to LoL tower damage but compared to smite. In smite you can take a shot more early game.

the biggest problem is the damage from phoenixes. In LoL the inhib turrets kills a tank way quicker then in smite (in LoL it can easily cost a tank 50% of their hp. while in sf the tank gets closer to 25%) mostly has to do with the overloading damage ramping up quicker

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 25, 2016 12:28am | Report
Also stuke I kinda like the idea but it doesn't remove the problem of how powerful stealth is (in smite it's really really OP as you can't counter it with sentries)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » March 28, 2016 4:42pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

Also stuke I kinda like the idea but it doesn't remove the problem of how powerful stealth is (in smite it's really really OP as you can't counter it with sentries)

Mhm, it's really annoying.

Zelvios

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }