Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New god lowers FPS to hell

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » New god lowers FPS to hell 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 6, 2013 3:31pm | Report
She must hit low-end hardware really hard for some reason. I've never had a single hiccup with even two of her at once, plus every other god all dropping their ults in the same place.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 6, 2013 5:23pm | Report
Ya probably.

I thinks its because there is a certain threshold of FPS to where the game can either be playable or not.

Like if you have high fps dropping a few fps won't bother your game at all since even if it drops fps by 20 your fps is so high that you are still playing with OVER AVERAGE FPS.

People like me which is probably half of the community who play on just enough fps to play well and not get raped from fps, are on that threshold to where if fps drops any more YOU NOTICE IT.

Thats the thing, if you are playing on low fps and it drops you can notice it because your computer will start lagging so bad as if the graphics card is trying to keep up with all the **** going on in the match.

Nu Wa summoning minions did make my computer on a few times lag so bad that it the graphics card was fing up for like 5-8 seconds before it could catch up. Basically anything below 20+ fps is getting bad and anything below like 15+ is unplayable to where nobody will play smite ever again if they are playing on that fps and can't get it higher.

22+-30+ fps is probably where half of the community play on since most people don't have computers ment to game but they can still handle it.

Then the other half of the community has gaming computers which are way more than 20-30+ fps so if they drop fps it doesn't matter because it brings them down to not even in the fps range of which half the people play on.

But when the lower fps players drop fps its pretty damn bad because its like pushing the graphics card over its limit of what it can handle

And thats why I am buying a new computer, I don't know why I bought this 420 dollar laptop when I could have bought a PC that plays these games 10000x better

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » December 7, 2013 9:40pm | Report
my computer perma dies whenever two nu wa's use their minion summon relatively close to each other in timing. First noticed it in conquest. had to drop out of game and restart Smite, which was "Not Responding" and jump back in. Luckily I haven't caused any losses yet.

Creationism

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mailly92 » December 8, 2013 3:41am | Report
Mine only does it, when I don't have vertical sync on.
When I have VS on, my FPS is constantly at 60 FPS.

Mailly92

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 8, 2013 4:23am | Report
Mailly92 wrote:

Mine only does it, when I don't have vertical sync on.
When I have VS on, my FPS is constantly at 60 FPS.

Vertical sync is there to improve performance, so maybe it's something to do with the engine rather than the god itself.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }