Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nemesis Support > Ymir Support

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Nemesis Support > Ymir Support 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 2, 2014 11:20pm | Report
I am not saying she is a better support as in you must pick her over Ymir.

I just titled it that because well....

I played a match about 2 hours ago where I was support Nemesis and Apollo was my partner.

We were up against Ymir and Neith

Some how I magically out beat Ymir as Nemesis (I never knew CC takes away Nemesis's shield). I learned that after the match lol. I was wondering how the hell Ymir was doing so much damage to my shield with freeze... this entire time it was taking the shield away because of CC.

Well I won that game

Then just because of that gimp game I wanted to play Nemesis ADC

It was Nemesis (Me) and Sylvanus VS Rama and Ares

Magically me and sylvanus out push them early game

Most likely to to Sylvanus great auto push and I had Hog as well.

I didn't really lose to them until later on in the match where they snuck the towers, then later I think they just beat us because they had better team fight.

But still I find it funny.

NEMESIS SUPPORT DA BEST SUPPORT NA

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 7, 2014 9:05am | Report
I would pick support Loki over Nemesis every week of the year. Good at helping the push, ****ty CC. It's kind of a punish support. If you do something greedy Loki will destroy your face.

Also the bane of seasoned supports like me are weird lanes. Whenever I fight Vulcan ADC or some **** like that my brain dies, and then the god I picked follows my brain to oblivion.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » December 7, 2014 2:39pm | Report
Shavul wrote:

I would pick support Loki over Nemesis every week of the year. Good at helping the push, ****ty CC. It's kind of a punish support. If you do something greedy Loki will destroy your face.

Also the bane of seasoned supports like me are weird lanes. Whenever I fight Vulcan ADC or some **** like that my brain dies, and then the god I picked follows my brain to oblivion.

I'm not the only one that thinks support Loki is good! :D

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 7, 2014 3:31pm | Report
I don't think he is. I think he's better than Nemesis, which is different.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 8, 2014 2:24am | Report
Nemesis can **** the tank over harder than Loki can though.

Loki can assassinate the ADC if he ults and the tank doesn't stop him after he ults.

Like say you are Loki and ult a Freya, if Sylvanus hurry ups and ults you he can not only knock you up but you take tick damage, ect while Frey can ult out and you have to run from Sylvanus now (Because most likely you won't kill him over ADC or a Freya who has less defense).

Nemesis though, while she can't assassinate as fast as Loki, she can make the tank semi-useless or use the tank against duo lane.

If the tank builds defense and Nemesis ults the tank, that tank is now extremely weak and now Nemesis has a lot of defense along with the massive slow/increase of speed.

Also Nemesis can shield damage from a Sylvanus ult so he really won't matter in the fight.

This is how I see it.

Lets say you are facing Sylvanus and Freya

Loki's plan - He is going to simply ult Freya when he gets the chance, after he ults her he will have to land 1-3 basic attacks to get the kill. So the ult is not going to finish her alone he will have to at least land 1-3 hits most of the time from the back after the ult. Which means if Sylvanus sees him ult Freya, its likely that Sylvanus can hurry up and ult or grab to possibility save Freya, then Freya will most likely waste her ult to get away. Loki is basically hoping he can finish his burst off with no interuptions.

Nemesis has two plans though, she has more options on who she can kill because of her ult. Where Loki does not want to ult the tank, its really not a problem if Nemesis ults the tank because then your ADC can melt Sylvanus really fast and the enemy ADC cannot even duel Nemesis while she has increased movement/protections and a shield to absorb damage.

If Nemesis was to ult Freya should would probably go up in the air and waste her ult, most likely Freya will try ulting Nemesis while in her ult, but Nemesis can negate like half of the damage or a bit less and dash out of the rest of the damage.

So I see it like this (I don't play Loki but this is how I see it).

- Loki will bring better wave clear
- Loki is not going to want to box or trade hits without his ult.
- Loki's target is to ult the ADC because that's who he can burst
- Loki has superior burst but only on the ADC for the most part

- Nemesis has weaker wave clear but can almost clear the back archers
- Nemesis can stay on the front lines more because of her shield to absorb one attack
- Nemesis has weaker burst on the ADC than Loki
- But Nemesis can target both the support or the ADC where as loki really only goes 4 the ADC
- Because some of the guardians don't have escapes Nemesis's ADC can melt the support.

In a 2v2 Duo lane fight Loki and his team mate are in my eyes do not have a better advantage in terms of upperhand. Loki and his ADC only have the upperhand if his burst succeeds on the ADC.

In a 2v2 Duo lane fight. Nemesis and her ADC has the upperhand IMO. When I say fight I mean a 2v2 fight not just a lane pushing war. I mean when the fight begins. Because Nemesis can ul the support basically means.

A: Their support is weaker making them not want to trade with either of you
B: Nemesis becomes tankier
C: The ADC becomes STRONGER because he can melt the tank faster
D: Nemesis has a shield on top of the added defense

I don't really think either is that much better it kind of depends what you WANT.

Like Loki's wave clear is really good so if you want to clear waves then you might like to have Loki instead.

I think Nem would be better if you want someone that can make the support become useless.

Not that their support is useless but when you ult them they will die fast making them not want to fight.

*Why not just be a *****

Nemesis support and Loki ADC XD

Then you have Loki's wave clear, Loki can burst the ADC, while Nemesis support bes a **** and ults the tank.

Hey now that I think of it that's pretty funny and I want to try that lane XD

Sine Loki can burst the ADC by himself, that means Nemesis does not have to waste her ult on the ADC and can ult the support instead.

To me that sounds pretty funny, Nem ult the tank while Loki ult the adc, Loki gets the kill on the ADC then both rape the tank because of Nem ult.

So basically, LOKI/NEM OP DOU LANE

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » December 8, 2014 4:32am | Report
Support Janus > All
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 8, 2014 5:10am | Report
The thing is, ICEN, their support is not the main target and, anyway, their support is not that hard to take down if you know what you're doing.

Early lane phase the supports ae bulky but not that bulky. If you catch one coming out of blue buff into lane he'll be dead before going to tower. And later, the support is easily killable if you just poke the adc enough, bait initiations or if he has to fight back because a gank.

The adc on the other hand has a brick wall protecting him. And yeah, if you kill the support the adc will be forced to 2v1, but he can simply clear wave and that's it. And you'll be forced to retreat, because everyone will gank you to oblivion.

And here's where both Loki and Nemesis suck: Ganks. When they get ganked they don't have ****. Both require their ultimates to save someone.

Anyway, every time I played against a support Nemesis, I didn't have any problems with her. With athena I could dash out, go into tower. If she dived taunt her, and alongside my adc get a kill.

With Ymir, the good 1, 2 here's your stun, the wall, my blink is off cooldown see you later.

Geb can shield. ETC ETC.

Ok, the thing about supports. Playing support doesn't require, like junglers or adcs, a notion of "How much damage can I deal" but "How much can I take". A good support will just play safer against Nemesis and destroy her niche.

You can play support initiating, which is not bad, or punishing, which is another way. Whith this I mean:

When I play something like Geb or whatever against gods that are "Kill or Suck", like Nemesis or Loki or whatever, I stay a little bit behind my adc.

If I stay in the front, Ares, Nemesis or whoever whill start munching on me, I won't do **** and I'll get destroyed.

If they attack my adc on the other hand I can shield him, taunt them or stun them and let him pick a same distance, unload of them, and keep going like that. And since those gods depend on a little niche thingy, go ham on them on their cooldowns. They won't do ****.

Shut down their niche, destroy them in the meantime.

The thing I like about Loki more than Nem is that I, as a support, have more problems with him. Let me explain this.

A god that needs to be aggresive NEEDS a good clear. If you can't clear for **** and you have a killer god, you won't have a chance to use your niche.

Loki brings a better clear, the "who will I attack" thing, and a cool ultimate to chase or to stun whoever needs to be stunned. Of course Loki should be played with an adc with some CC.

But since Nemesis has a ***** clear at best, she will get outpushed, and while outpushed, poked. And she'll have to wait for a gank to shine.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » December 8, 2014 7:04pm | Report
LOKI should not be clearing **** anyways, the ADC needs last hits

If your clearing with LOKI you are ****ing over your ADC from building stacks and other shat.

Also clear isn't that important when it comes to top tier ADC's who all clear very fast.

Hell the ADC basically is a solo lane after the baby sitting is over because Rama clears fast, Anhur, ect. All after done baby sitting can simply impale a wave and clear it with one ability.

Its not like you NEED clear when you have a RAMA as your ADC who already naturally clears waves fast.

Anyways like I was saying, if you level your decoy as loki that means you will **** over your adc if your decoy kills all the minions and your ADC can't last hit.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shavul » December 8, 2014 7:14pm | Report
With "Clear" I mean "Hit first hard enough so the adc can clear in one shot". Level decoy enough to get minions low so Anhur, rama or Ullr can sweep away the wave. You hit, he hits, clear, attack.

I know how to play support dude. Check my stats if you want to.

Shavul

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » December 8, 2014 7:23pm | Report
If Loki is in the duo lane he would do better in the ADC role. Coincidentally, SMITEPRO just released a video on this.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }