Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

LoL vs DOTA 2 vs SMITE: Comparing 3 MOBAs (Curse)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » LoL vs DOTA 2 vs SMITE: Comparing 3 MOBAs (Curse) 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 11, 2014 9:47am | Report

A nice little presentation by Curse. Something we as MOBA players should realize that all three games are great and offer different things for different people!

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 11, 2014 10:22am | Report
oh when curse does it its fine but when I do ICEN and people say NUUUUUUUUUUUUUH.

you know what, fine.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 11, 2014 11:09am | Report
Yay, finally someone does it maturely.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 11, 2014 11:29am | Report
it went very mature in the beginning.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » November 11, 2014 11:44am | Report
Well that's because we haven't had a chance to derail, insult, and demean every moba that isn't our own yet :P

but yes, this summarizes exactly what I believe.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 11, 2014 12:58pm | Report
HolyPudding wrote:

Yay, finally someone does it maturely.

Not maturely.

This is a video by the company that financially supported all three games. They would never do anything to harm the playerbases of those games. This video is hardly an unbiased comparison, and I say it's not worth watching.

As someone who has played all three games, I say it only scratches the surface of each game, and is in no way a complete analysis. All it does it showcase what makes each game different from the other. It doesn't go in-depth, it doesn't talk about any flaws, it's just a quick glossing of each game. About half the video length is about the history behind the games, rather than a comparison, for pete's sake.

What others have done before is try to compare the other MOBAs, with all their flaws and strengths, not try to differentiate them. It's insulting to compare the two, in my opinion. This video is not a comparison, but an advertisement.

I don't put much stock in advertisements.

Frankly, you shouldn't be calling a bland, neutral thing "mature" simply because it doesn't clash with your viewpoint.

Aeadar

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » November 11, 2014 1:20pm | Report
So I'm going to rank the games for myself from hardest to easiest: Dota 2 - LoL - Smite
In fun depends on friends.

Why is dota the hardest because it plays so different that I'm calling it LoL on the next lvl (denying etc). Also Because of smite controls (and items) it's a lot easier to play because you have more control. LoL is in between

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aeadar » November 11, 2014 1:24pm | Report
Personally, League will always be my game, although Overwatch looks like it might change that.

I don't have many good things to say about Smite and DotA. I preferred HoN to them both.

Aeadar

Memorable (10)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » November 11, 2014 1:26pm | Report
Aeadar wrote:

Personally, League will always be my game, although Overwatch looks like it might change that.

I don't have many good things to say about Smite and DotA. I preferred HoN to them both.

i like LoL more too because i'm tired of the smite community (it has changed so badly) and Dota 2 is way to hard for me XD

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 11, 2014 9:38pm | Report
Why isn't hots there :(
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }