Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Let's Make Patch Notes - Domination

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Let's Make Patch Notes - Domination 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 3, 2014 8:38am | Report
Obviously, in our ideal patch notes, Dom will be coming back, right? Right? *waves around shotgun menacingly*

What would you change about Domination, and why?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 3, 2014 9:26am | Report
Few problems tat domination had:

1. Not enough game time was their because of the ticket count of 400. People were not even
able to purchase all 6 items.

2. Once a team had lost all 3 towers , It was very difficult to comeback in the game.

3. Most players were not aware of how to approach a domination game.

4. Jungle had no significant role.

Few suggestions:

1. Increase game ticket count to at least 500. Make it a full game not a curtailed one.

2. Change the map slightly in a way that jungle has more role to play.

3. Make players use more actives like Eye of Providence, Ward and Portals to
make the gameplay more engaging.

4. New map design can be adopted, I proposed a design in an earlier post. It has a lot of
flaws but just found it an interesting activity to do myself.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 3, 2014 10:35am | Report
Well, we wouldn't want Dom to be like a mini conquest, or else you'd just play Conquest. But holy ****, that map looks like an amazing idea.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 3, 2014 11:16am | Report
Quote | PM | +Rep by arka222 » January 10, 2014 2:32am | Report
As definitely a team game, few changes that could be made to domination of the future:

Few game mechanics the map would bring:

1. Each team practically starts with 1 sentinel up.
2. Each team would try to capture two sentinels while pushing for or defending the well.
3. Bcz of 5 structures lot of possibility to steal a tower from the enemy.
4. Whoevr takes control of the well is likely to get all 3 mid lane towers,then the other team
can initiate attack from side lanes converging to the mid lane.
5. Very difficult to defend a tower for long periods.
6. Teams more likely to use portals and wards as they make sense.
7. Respawn time shall be kept minimum to hav more action in the game.
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » February 3, 2014 2:20pm | Report
I liked Domination the way it was a lot. If I could make some changes to it I would:

Improve Guardian's HP.

Drastically increase the Guardian's hp scaling for each minute that has past or an average of the player levels, but having a leaver would ruin this. Early and mid game it's fine, late game it's too weak.

Lower Respawn times.

The tide of a battle can be changed way too easily, the respawn times are not as it should be. Simply lower respawn times.

"Jungle" is useless.

Speed buff area is useless, but I can't think of anything great that could make it usefull at this moment.

Removing it would make the map smaller and rotations would be faster and hurt much more. This game mode is....WAS about massive rotations and i'm not sure if this would make it better or worse.

Adding more camps would not accomplish much, this gamemode doesn't need a jungler. A single god can't take a guardian early/early-mid game before an enemy can come and defend it unless there are 1000 Whirlpools holding them back. Enemies are in the circle most of the time so it's difficult to pick off and assassinate people. So, useless.

Guardian buff.

Unless it hits an enemy the guardian is useless, and late game is useless anyway, so he needs some buffs, one way or another.

Replace speed buff camps with <random name> camps that grant the team's guardians x2 damage and attack speed. These camps spawn every 3 minutes and only on ONE of the two locations.

OR

An active available as a team active (like the Fortify thingy in Dota2) that would make the Guardian attack x2 faster could make things interesting. Make people think twice before they "tower dive".

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » February 4, 2014 2:48am | Report
Here are some ideas
-The more a Guardian is killed. The stronger it gets. Maybe 500+ hp per death.
-The base towers are completely useless so they should be removed.
-If the health idea is bad then Guardians should be effected by god buffs. But not buffs that specifically targets gods. Just ones that can effect minions. Be it negative or positive. But of course no stuns or slows.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 5, 2014 11:08pm | Report
here it is firraria
Fun and Heart
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » February 5, 2014 11:23pm | Report
I would like the map to be slightly bigger, with the Sand Guardians being placed farther apart.

My main issue with Domination was how hard it was to attack a well defended Sand Guardian (if you can't tank it or outdamage it before it killed you). Normally there would be 1-2 people on one Guardian and 3 on the mid Guardian (or at least the one currently being attacked) and due to how small the map is the defenders could easily rotate between Guardians.

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » February 6, 2014 5:31am | Report
Here is my assessment of Domination.

What was fine:

- The Sand Guardians. Suicide to take on alone early, possible to solo late. They're balanced.

- Game length. Yeah, you often didn't get to complete your build. So? You can say the same about Conquest.

- The jungle camps. Blue had its use for sustaining one of the side lanes, speed was obviously good for rotations. Not much to say here. The jungle doesn't always have to be supremely important, you know.

What was not fine:

- Respawn timers. They were out of whack and the algorithm needed to be fixed.

- The damn water circle was bugged. Even when an enemy wasn't near, it was sometimes capped by the enemy for no apparent reason.

- Mid lane is too easily defensible, and needs to be more exposed, aka more dynamic and less predictable. I think making the mid lane open like a crossroads would be nice, making it more exposed on all sides.

Suggestions:

- Some more dynamic play. Turtling a point had a problem of being a bit boring. Maybe have a moving or neutral objective that isn't a sand guardian.

- Better comeback mechanic. The respawn timer difference is awkward and feels forced and frustrating.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » February 6, 2014 5:54am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Here is my assessment of Domination.

What was fine:

- The Sand Guardians. Suicide to take on alone early, possible to solo late. They're balanced.

- Game length. Yeah, you often didn't get to complete your build. So? You can say the same about Conquest.

- The jungle camps. Blue had its use for sustaining one of the side lanes, speed was obviously good for rotations. Not much to say here. The jungle doesn't always have to be supremely important, you know.

What was not fine:

- Respawn timers. They were out of whack and the algorithm needed to be fixed.

- The damn water circle was bugged. Even when an enemy wasn't near, it was sometimes capped by the enemy for no apparent reason.

- Mid lane is too easily defensible, and needs to be more exposed, aka more dynamic and less predictable. I think making the mid lane open like a crossroads would be nice, making it more exposed on all sides.

Suggestions:

- Some more dynamic play. Turtling a point had a problem of being a bit boring. Maybe have a moving or neutral objective that isn't a sand guardian.

- Better comeback mechanic. The respawn timer difference is awkward and feels forced and frustrating.

I think you were spot on about everything. I also love your two suggestions. Maybe just make the respawn a specific time that never changes? Also increase the base GP5? Not sure, but most of the Domination games that I played(which were few), I only seemed to get 3 or 4 items and unless I was playing a bunch of infants, well that didn't have the chance to change. Not sure though... Like I said, I only played it a few times.

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }