Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Leavers are Ruining this game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Leavers are Ruining this game 29 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » April 21, 2013 5:57am | Report
Actually, I'm thinking Fazion idea is very great. You can add a new waiting plot after pre made conquest. This plot will replace anyone that leave. And if the player is better, that's lucky. BUT the problem is if anyone is actually want to enter that wait. We need kind people. OR, maybe they can change with BOT.

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OGreatFox » April 21, 2013 10:02am | Report
I don't get why people don't realize that people still want to play even if they have bad internet and/or something that popped up that they have to do...

I respect their need to do something else on quick notice, personally. Don't approve of ragequitting, however.

People with bad connection want to play too...

To other arguments, sure if a player plays one game a day and every single day gets connection lost they shouldn't be playing. But they play multiple games and it happens every so often, and they hate it too. They honestly shouldn't get the punishment of a ban because they tried to play a game, succeeded then surprisingly failed....
Meow.

OGreatFox

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Azure98 » April 21, 2013 12:10pm | Report
I agree with a some of the suggestions here. But I had a pretty simple idea for punishment... Say a player leaves before a set amount of match time and then never returns the entire match then said player will lose the Favor he would have gained from the match. thats right taking away favor(Currency). MOBAs tend to take a while to save up for characters so I think the chance of LOSING said hard earned currency could be a lil daunting to people. still dont know how it would get implemented though...MOBAs are pretty tricky when it comes to this stuff.

Azure98

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by highvolts » April 21, 2013 3:32pm | Report
I love the idea put forth by Azure98. If there is a way to encourage sportsmanlike conduct without banning players I'm all for it. I'm not in love with the idea of banning players. I just don't see many other ways to stop the bad behavior.

As to OGreatFox I actually agree with him. People who occasionally leave games for real life reasons should not have anything to worry about here. I'm looking to rid us of the chronic leavers that plague the system today. Perhaps Smite could institute a way to remove a leave from the players record. Perhaps if they play two weeks without a leave the previous one is expunged from the record. That way well mannered players won't get caught up in a system created to remove the malcontents from our midst.

highvolts

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NakedWeasel » April 21, 2013 7:08pm | Report
I had a quick idea
Allow an earlier and easier vote to end the match if you are down a man. Its not a surrender and should be marked as an incomplete match rather then a win or lose. There should be no ELO or rank change.
This way if you have been down a man since god select you can painlesly end the match but if your fed super carry discos then you have the option of trying to wait for him.

edit: Mark it as a leave and lose for the leaver to avoid people trying to game the system.

NakedWeasel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Purgatio » April 22, 2013 7:18am | Report
So here's some quick thoughts concerning this issue:

Fazion's idea is great, but I would make a few adjustments to remove the chance of an underleveled player being replaced by a player based on the average of the team. Take the original worth of all items the leaving player had, as well as gold accrued, and current level, and transfer it to the newcomer. This wouldn't make it completely unfair. It's also not overwhelmingly hard for players to make up a level/gold gap if their decent and know when to play it safe.

Alternatively I feel like if you lose a game because of a leaver, that loss shouldn't be credited to your record. A sort of "Loss Prevented" idea.

Another idea is the combination of Fazion's adjusted idea, plus a vote kick. It would be like a surrender vote, but it would be whether or not to replace a player who has been marked AFK by an automatic timing system for being idle/DCd for an amount of time decided by Hi-Rez, or even automatically decided based on how many times they've left previous games.

Just my 2 gold on the issue.
If ignorance is bliss, you must be ******ic.

Purgatio

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by highvolts » April 22, 2013 11:09am | Report
These are some great ideas! I hope Hi-Rez is reading this and utilizes some of the concepts here. I especially like the idea of an early surrender vote when your down a man. The pain of a leaver would be greatly alleviated if we had a way of ending these one sided affairs. Of course, we've all been teamed with those superstars that think they can still win 4 v 5. They always seem to vote no for some reason and the pain must continue. No system would be perfect. I'm just hoping Hi-Rez does what's necessary to correct this problem.

highvolts

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NakedWeasel » April 22, 2013 11:26am | Report
They should avoid at all cost calling it a surrender. It would take alot of work to change the never surrender culture of moabs so just slip by the issue with tactful naming.
Someone just link/move this conversation to the official boards to increase the chance of HiRez seeing it. Plus it would get more traffic.

NakedWeasel

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by highvolts » April 24, 2013 2:01pm | Report
Played 6 games today and 3 of them had leavers on my side. Needless to say my team lost those.

highvolts

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }