Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Leavers are Ruining this game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Leavers are Ruining this game 29 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » April 20, 2013 4:46am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

That's what I mean. You will need to have more teamwork to when giving your teammate the buff and you don't do the work. So, if you stand still, your teammate will get stronger but you will have less members fighting

So the weakest player on your team who is levels behind the opposing team just stops and the rest of the team buff up and target the players by sweeping the map.

A nice thought and I do like the thought of it, think for intentional leavers it will work but standing still not so sure because they won't get punished after the game for not participating.

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by highvolts » April 20, 2013 6:31am | Report
Thanks for all the input folks! It's nice to see that others wish to get this issue resolved. One thing that was mentioned multiple times was this notion that a player who leaves because of a glitch or ISP problem should be treated differently than a player that just quits because he doesn't care about others. I included the 2 minute timer after a leave so that players with connection issues have a chance to try to reconnect. Current technology does not give us the ability to read another persons mind and discover if they left because of connection issues or mental issues. If a particular player has serious, recurring connection issues then they should not be playing MOBA'S. They need to be banned along with the griefers. Whatever the reason for continuous leaves is irrelevant. The game suffers either way.

highvolts

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » April 20, 2013 6:39am | Report
highvolts wrote:

If a particular player has serious, recurring connection issues then they should not be playing MOBA'S.

So, do I need to move from my country to play MOBA? (my country is not really good)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 20, 2013 9:05am | Report
highvolts wrote:

Thanks for all the input folks! It's nice to see that others wish to get this issue resolved. One thing that was mentioned multiple times was this notion that a player who leaves because of a glitch or ISP problem should be treated differently than a player that just quits because he doesn't care about others. I included the 2 minute timer after a leave so that players with connection issues have a chance to try to reconnect. Current technology does not give us the ability to read another persons mind and discover if they left because of connection issues or mental issues. If a particular player has serious, recurring connection issues then they should not be playing MOBA'S. They need to be banned along with the griefers. Whatever the reason for continuous leaves is irrelevant. The game suffers either way.

I have to completely disagree with this

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by highvolts » April 20, 2013 4:06pm | Report
If comic book guy has some mind reading device that will let the dev's sort out the rage leavers from the glitch leavers he should share it with us. If he thinks that players that can't keep a connection long enough to play a game of smite are not hurting the rest of us then he should speak up. I would love to hear any lucid arguments he cares to make on the subject. Perhaps more than a terse one line argument is called for? Hmmmmmmmmm?

highvolts

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Overlord Hades » April 21, 2013 12:45am | Report
Id think you could tell a person who is leaving from rage and from a disconnect easily enough. Just look at the game stats and chat log.If someone is going 9/4/? lest say and they just up and leave i doubt it was willingly unless something much more important like actual life interferes.Now if someone is going decently negative and raging in chat then they prob left on their own accord. Just some food for though and simple ideas to throw out there.Not going to work for all cases but at least the simple D/C versus leaving penalties.If you honestly think they should ban everyone who leave a game and it be out of there control should be banned then Im glad its not your game. Don't alienate your player basis man.
GG, Well Played All

Overlord Hades

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 21, 2013 1:33am | Report
Well, I have to tell you giys that I am professor xavier and I can reas minds, you can acquire this skill by being a mutant... I mean, I disagree with you because anything you say would punish everyone, not only the leaver. I also think that this:
highvolts wrote:

If a particular player has serious, recurring connection issues then they should not be playing MOBA'S.

Is a very dumb tought, where I live we had VERY bad internet until the mayor decided to do something about it. Also if someone has recurring issues that does't mean that he always has bad internet.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by fazion » April 21, 2013 3:42am | Report
A more appropriate technique for taking care of leavers would be more like this.

Player A leaves Team alpha.
Player A is gone for more then 2 minutes.
Player A gets removed from the game.
Player B joins the game and replaces player A.
Player B gets the Average level and gold of team alpha to make up for joining late.

This way everyone is happy, the player itself (no massive level/gold differences) and the team (playing with 5 players again).

fazion

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by highvolts » April 21, 2013 5:37am | Report
I think that fazion has a wonderful alternative to the system I suggested. However, since Smite uses a timer of from 3 to 5 minutes to start games I'm not sure where a pool of available replacements would be found.

Just to be clear here, I'm suggesting an automated system to deal with the problem. Since it will be computer controlled there is no way for it to differentiate from rage quitters and bad connections. My system is giving those with bad connections time to get back in. If, after they have been DC'ed they make no attempt to come back (as many leavers do) then they need to counted as a leaver. At that point there is no difference between them and the rage quitter.

highvolts

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 21, 2013 5:40am | Report
highvolts wrote:

I think that fazion has a wonderful alternative to the system I suggested. However, since Smite uses a timer of from 3 to 5 minutes to start games I'm not sure where a pool of available replacements would be found.

Just to be clear here, I'm suggesting an automated system to deal with the problem. Since it will be computer controlled there is no way for it to differentiate from rage quitters and bad connections. My system is giving those with bad connections time to get back in. If, after they have been DC'ed they make no attempt to come back (as many leavers do) then they need to counted as a leaver. At that point there is no difference between them and the rage quitter.

The problem with your system is that you give players with bad connection NO chanse to come back, they might come back in 5 mins or 3 mins, you don't know as of for fazion's system I really don't know why it is not used in mobas since it is so obviusly good idea, it might just be that it would be unfair if an underleveled player leaves and than a normally leveled guy joins, idk

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }