Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Issis

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Issis 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 26, 2013 9:22pm | Report
Agreed with pretty much everyone else, Isis is perfectly fine as she is. She's one of the more balanced and better thought out gods in my opinion. Her abilities take skill and thought to get the full use of, they don't 100-0 you for no reason (hate you Zeus,) and she has great utility and use throughout the game.

She's not dominant in lane, but she stands up fine against the common matchups. Where she really shines is late game in team fights. Her CC is extremely strong when you can set others up (including her 3, which seems underwhelming at first,) and she has more consistent damage than someone like Ra or Pos on top of that.

Her ult is mostly just a finisher in lane, but it's amazing once you start going for objectives. Put it down right before a big fight at the fire giant, watch it charge up as the enemy blows everything to try and stop you, then detonate it to heal most of the damage on your entire team and kill any enemy in the fire cave at the same time. It's probably the best ult there is when you you're trying to force towers or the mino. Minion damage charges it up, so just laugh as the mino clears a wave of minions just to get detonated.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaalaa » November 27, 2013 4:37am | Report
I understand all the point you all bring out.

But I still think she need a little buff somewhere...

I'm good with her but I got hard time with her ultimate still. I know some occasion like big objective spot but in normal situation... It's almost only good to snipe someone.

hmmm

Vaalaa

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 27, 2013 2:43pm | Report
Not every ult has to melt entire teams like Zeus' does... or shouldn't at least. A free 200 damage that's impossible to miss is a really strong finisher, and it's a good defensive ult in lane as well. It can help you get back to tower if you're about to die from a gank, and it makes it really hard to tower dive you. It's mainly for objectives and late game team fights though.

You could say that she needs a slight numbers buff to match up against the current mages, but really, the other mages just need a numbers nerf. He Bo, Zeus and Agni all do way too much damage. Being balanced means you're underpowered with the game's current state. Isis is balanced. She's still good and viable, but there are other OP gods you can play over her.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SuperTibzz » November 28, 2013 12:23am | Report
Why play Isis when you can do Zeus or He Bo? I won't argue who's better, but those two are WAY easier. And they get the kills instead of setting up others, which really attracts people.

SuperTibzz

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaalaa » November 28, 2013 4:41am | Report
Cause He bo and Zeus are to much played for me.

Isis is very fun to play and unpopular, I like it. Also, I don't like to encourage OP gods to be played to much. Players seam to love play OP gods to own hard. And it's always the same gods we see ingame and make it boring.

Isis ultimate should give some movement slow to enemy who are inside. Cause when I do it to flee away, they don't matter about it and still come to finish me off.

Vaalaa

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 28, 2013 10:45am | Report
I don't think a 10% slow would break her, but as I've said, I just don't think she needs it. HiRez needs to stop buffing characters altogether and just focus on nerfs until the game is at least a little balanced.

Her ult isn't going to make her almost ungankable like Chronos' does, it has too much utility for that. It 'helps' keep yourself alive during a gank. You're still going to die if you're really out of position.

Isis is unpopular for a reason, she has a really high skill floor. You need to practice with her a lot to get the full use out of all of her skills, and that includes her ultimate. She's viable at the top levels of play despite her comparatively low numbers for a reason though; her kit is really strong.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaalaa » November 28, 2013 11:47am | Report
Indeed, Issis is strong when your skills hit. Just frustrate me when a god like Anubis, zeus, Chronos or many other who you don't really need practice to be to killer machine.

Or Chang'e, who is a SUPPORT, and very easy to get kill with her. No need to skill shot anything... just press 1 and voilà you hit everything in front of you and with high damage and very low CD... + she can heal at all 8 sec or so. No wonder why so many player's use Chang'e !!! OP killer machine.

I was expecting Issis, a MAGE, to do even more damage then a support !!!

And other player's of your team call you noob cause you don't get more then 4-5 kills in a game... and you die probably much more then that.

Vaalaa

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » November 28, 2013 11:52am | Report
chang'e is in now way op. just her ult
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 28, 2013 12:50pm | Report
I guess that's why I like Eset, because I see the stupid amout of potential in it... I seem to be attracted to high skill-ceiling gods. Except Hel, for some odd, unknown reason.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Phil725 » November 28, 2013 4:10pm | Report
Isis is more of a support mage than Chang'E to be honest. Spirit Ball is a ranged stun. You should be using that to peel for other members of your team, or to set up kills that you may not necessarily get. Her 3 and 4 both set up as well. Chang has very consistent damage on two of her skills (three for this horrible period of time between last patch and when she gets nerfed next patch.) Just because she has a heal doesn't make her a support. You need to burn Chang'E down fast in team fights because she does so much damage in addition to her utility.

Isis doesn't need to be getting kills to be useful for the team. You should be adding a good amount of damage and not dying 'too' much, but flat kills isn't a good judgement.

And lol at Chang'E not being OP right now. She needs completely camped and sat on in the solo lane otherwise it's GG. She was always a dangerous threat late game because of how she scales. If she builds breastplate and void stone (which every Chang'E who isn't terrible will,) you can't burst her like other squishies because of her low cooldown aegis/mobility/heal/protections/ult. What you end up with is a character hitting your whole team for 400 damage every 3 seconds while buffing protections and healing the rest of their team. Add in her ult which is possibly the best team fight turner (it's her or Zeus,) and you have a broken character.

She was held back earlier by a bad early game lane clear that led to her falling behind (and she's bad when she falls behind,) but not anymore. Now she can push early game and get ahead. She has no weakness outside of being somewhat easy to gank. That's not a real weakness in solo queue.

I didn't list her with the other OP gods because I'm relatively certain that she's being nerfed soon. Zeus, Agni and He Bo on the other hand seem to be HiRez favorites. They escape the nerf police every Wednesday. She'll always be easy to play with her 'skill'shots though, so she's a good beginner god. I'd just prefer if the easiest to play gods weren't the strongest as well.

Phil725

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }