Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

is it possible to make the smiteplayers "nicer"?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » is it possible to make the smiteplayers "nicer"? 38 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » April 13, 2014 11:21pm | Report
The simple fact is that it will not be resolved. You can be as pleasant as you'd like, and you can be as forgiving and understanding as possible, but nothing will kill off the raging adolescents whose sex hormones course through them because, God forbid, they are not 1. the source of any problem and 2. ever going to apologize for bad behavior. Because, as you know, apologizing somehow makes you look like a *****. (It doesn't. I like guys who apologize any day over guys who don't).

Anonymity has a huge role, because I frankly don't believe that you would go on a rant about how "***s" nor women on their periods should be anywhere near their innocent heart of toxic gold. Maybe I'm wrong.

No matter how nice you are and how many people you successfully (or unsuccessfully, AKA the majority) convert to politer ways, the community grows quick. The game isn't getting any smaller, so unless Hi-Rez steps up on their harassment policies there will always be "that one guy".
Even if Hi-Rez did decide to actually -get this- do something, you can not ban half of your player base anyway. It's simply that games, especially competitive ones, will net in the worst kinds of people.

Or maybe I'm wrong, if not for us, those MLG MVP pros would probably be playing live-on-air tournaments and winning big. Right?

And it's not just people who want to be the very best or reach the top, it's casual queues too. There is, and never will be (aside from pre-mades, thank Hi-Rez for those), a corner you can hide in that the toxic grasp of Smite's ridiculous playbase cannot reach you in. Hello, Smite.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » April 14, 2014 12:26am | Report
But here is the thing. I don't believe that atleast some of them can't be changed (I guess i still have some faith in humanity) and i don't think that we should just accept behaviour in a game if that same behaviour would be shunned IRL. I just don't think that is exaptable. The way i would suggest this would be done is trough changing the mentality for the game in all game mode's. Simply by pulling people back down to earth from the hardcore group.

There needs to be a relisation that the chance you have to become a pro is slim, requires more then they realise and that the chance they will end up making money trough it using youtube/twitch is also not good since those who did it were either playing from the start or already had a large following or both. This needs to be known so people don't take it more seriously then it needs to be taken.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » April 14, 2014 12:29am | Report
Of course. But toxic players are persistently bullheaded no matter what logic or reasoning you throw at them. I'm not saying we should accept it, I personally try to pull people back to reality if they're being toxic, but it seldom works.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » April 14, 2014 1:03am | Report
I didn't mean doing that trough in game chat. I ment using TEH POWAH OF DA INTERNET! Using youtube, reddit, anything at all. Maybe even getting some help from hirez.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » April 14, 2014 1:27am | Report
All4Games wrote:
There needs to be a relisation that the chance you have to become a pro is slim, requires more then they realise and that the chance they will end up making money trough it using youtube/twitch is also not good since those who did it were either playing from the start or already had a large following or both. This needs to be known so people don't take it more seriously then it needs to be taken.

So HiRez should release a video to their entire fanbase saying, "Hey guys, look, here's the thing, 95% of you that play our game are not going to be 'pro' or even have a chance at competing at our tournaments. Sorry. But have fun playing casuals !"

HiRez want the opposite, they want people playing their game and improving. They host weekly tournaments.

I personally think your mentality on why people aren't 'nice' is completely wrong. You think it's caused by competitiveness, I disagree. I'm sure a vast majority of the people in Diamond and Platinum league in Smite are awesome people. I think bad attitude goes deeper than just competitiveness or the need to win. Discipline plays a big part.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » April 14, 2014 2:13am | Report
You interpreted it wrong. Im not saying that there should only be casual. Im not saying that there aren't any nice ore helpfull players (there obviously are). However like you said the real toxicity isn't there.

I feel like you didn't read the original post at all. Im mostly talking about the players who are taking it TO serious. The players who play in casual queue like it's ranked, the players who play ranked like its a tournement and the players who give a negetive enviorment in those game modes.

Im not saying people shouldn't take it serious, im not saying people shouldn't try to get better. Im saying that there are a lot of people who should get an additude chance. Because if when some one is calling someone the worst and most unaccaptable things possible in casual conquest for simply not following the competitive meta fully by not starting at solo speed but at midcamps as jungler or something, or not helping with midcamps as a mid laner something is very wrong.

Im all for a competitive scene but im against toxicity and if you try to tell me hirez isn't against toxicity i won't believe you!

(I actually might if you know enough about what happens in side the company because my faith in hirez is very low but if i would have written this it would have been less impactfull.)

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » April 14, 2014 2:31am | Report
Might as well wear a gas mask while playing MOBAs.

And also use an "Oxygen Breathing Apparatus" while playing CoD online.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » April 14, 2014 2:53am | Report
@All4Games - Again, there'll always be those players. Some people have no 'casual mode' and treat every game seriously. I'll go back to my point about the online Mortal Kombat community... The online was so bad that taking it serious was pointless, yet you still got those players that treated it like it was EVO finals. You try to tell them to relax because it's just casuals, but nope, they'd tell you that they're better than you and you suck. Playing MK online has pretty much made me numb to these type of players now, I came across some of the lowest and most egotistical people playing that game.

The attitude change you speak of is a helpless cause, trust me. You just gotta deal with the fact that these players exist. I do appreciate and respect what you're trying to do though, but you can't change them.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » April 14, 2014 3:50am | Report
Me alone no. But that's the reason i made this thread, to ask if more people want to join. I see no reason why we should be the one's so exapt it and endure it. I see no reason why streamers are focused, i see no reason why people want to act in such a way to suck the fun and life out of a game.

Why accept it? When something can be done. Why accapt it? If the groups who have the most love for the game gets the toxic waste in their face.

I really don't see why this is accapted in a game if it would be shunned socially or even punishable by law IRL.

I don't think humanity has a lot of redeeming kwalities, very few in fact. The one i do believe we have is being able to change.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 14, 2014 8:42am | Report
Everyone seems to be stating that people can/can't be changed, but the people who are advocating for action against toxic players....aren't providing a game plan or an actual resolution outside "let's do stuff and get hirez to do stuff hurhur"

as I said before (Which seemed to be ignored) I don't know if there's a WAY to make people less toxic outside of a case-by-case basis. It's just about taking each toxic player and hoping you can help them be less toxic, and do that each time.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }